Author Topic: Universal Basic Income: Why Elon Musk Thinks It May Be The Future  (Read 2454 times)

Offline DB

Re: Universal Basic Income: Why Elon Musk Thinks It May Be The Future
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 01:13:15 am »
For a basic income card, technology could do a "timed release" of funds, as well as restrict the authorized uses.

No money should be given.

Free basic food and basic shelter I could be talked into. By basic I mean basic. Beans, rice and few other basic items. If you want something more, you need to work for it. There should be no excuse for going hungry. People who choose to take public assistance should have to forfeit their vote. They should not have a vote to take from someone else.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Universal Basic Income: Why Elon Musk Thinks It May Be The Future
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 02:06:05 am »
No money should be given.

Free basic food and basic shelter I could be talked into. By basic I mean basic. Beans, rice and few other basic items. If you want something more, you need to work for it. There should be no excuse for going hungry. People who choose to take public assistance should have to forfeit their vote. They should not have a vote to take from someone else.

@DB

I agree with not allowing them to vote until and unless they become self-supporting,but I am opposed to the feral goobermint giving them even one thin dime. Churches and other organizations get millions of dollars in tax write-offs each year for providing to the poor,so require them to provide!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!