Author Topic: You Have to Be High to Be Mad at Jeff Sessions for Enforcing Federal Pot Laws  (Read 1610 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
FU jeff sessions
The guy is wrong 96% of the time.

He is directing his fire into small villages which have nothing to do with the fight.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
First, my biases up front:   I am a strong proponent of marijuana legalization/regulation and taxation.  And as much as I admire most of President Trump's Cabinet appointments,  I think that absolutely the worst one is Jeff Sessions.

That understood,  Sessions' announcement is consistent with the position that Trump has taken with respect to the DACA issue and is in fact a healthy one for the nation -  return the resolution of difficult policy issues to where it belongs, to the Congress. 

The modern Presidency has become an imperial one,  and that trend reached its zenith with Obama, who didn't even bother to try to appeal to Congress.   He simply ruled by fiat that he wouldn't enforce the laws he didn't like.   Not the laws calling for deportment of the "dreamers" and not the laws calling for enforcement of marijuana laws.   

Selective enforcement of the laws may have its political conveniences,  but it makes a mockery of our Constitutional republic.

The power to make the law belongs to Congress, the power to enforce the law belongs to the executive.  And when the executive refuses to enforce the law, that is a slap to the peoples' elected representatives.

Now maybe the Congress needs slapping.   It has become lazy and hyper-partisan, more interested in bloodsport than the doing of the peoples' business.   And now Trump has called their bluff:   I can't continue a DACA program that has no legislative underpinnings.   If you want to save these folks then pass a law I can sign.   And likewise with respect to legal pot -  I can't ignore the laws on the books.   If those laws are obsolete and disrespectful of the rights of the states,  then change them.   

Come on, Congress, do the peoples' business.  Reach a compromise on immigration reform in exchange for relief for the dreamers.  And repeal the insane federal law that equates pot with heroin.   
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:46:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
First, my biases up front:   I am a strong proponent of marijuana legalization/regulation and taxation.  And as much as I admire most of President Trump's Cabinet appointments,  I think that absolutely the worst one is Jeff Sessions.

That understood,  Sessions' announcement is consistent with the position that Trump has taken with respect to the DACA issue and is in fact a healthy one for the nation -  return the resolution of difficult policy issues to where it belongs, to the Congress. 

The modern Presidency has become an imperial one,  and that trend reached its zenith with Obama, who didn't even bother to try to appeal to Congress.   He simply ruled by fiat that he wouldn't enforce the laws he didn't like.   Not the laws calling for deportment of the "dreamers" and not the laws calling for enforcement of marijuana laws.   

Selective enforcement of the laws may have its political conveniences,  but it makes a mockery of our Constitutional republic.

The power to make the law belongs to Congress, the power to enforce the law belongs to the executive.  And when the executive refuses to enforce the law, that is a slap to the peoples' elected representatives.

Now maybe the Congress needs slapping.   It has become lazy and hyper-partisan, more interested in bloodsport than the doing of the peoples' business.   And now Trump has called their bluff:   I can't continue a DACA program that has no legislative underpinnings.   If you want to save these folks then pass a law I can sign.   And likewise with respect to legal pot -  I can't ignore the laws on the books.   If those laws are obsolete and disrespectful of the rights of the states,  then change them.   

Come on, Congress, do the peoples' business.  Reach a compromise on immigration reform in exchange for relief for the dreamers.  And repeal the insane federal law that equates pot with heroin.   

Again, I can't disagree with a single word here, @Jazzhead ....ya 'Lib Lover', you!   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
FU jeff sessions
The guy is wrong 96% of the time.

He is directing his fire into small villages which have nothing to do with the fight.

I believe all you guys are getting worked up for nothing.

IMO, he's going after the government's competition, not buyers/users.

For example, in Washington, D.C., there is/are places that sell bumper stickers for $40.   With the sticker you get 2 grams of pharma-grade weed.

You can choose from over a dozen different names.... "O.G. Cush"...."Purple Ice".

You can't buy it by the ounce from these guys, and a lot of smokers don't have $300+ to buy one elsewhere.

Because these places are licensed as non-profits....the bumper sticker explains the 'cause', the D.C. government leaves them alone.

But Sessions is giving the decision to prosecute to the on-the-scene District Attorney....so?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wonder how many of the 535 would fail an ordinary pre-employment drug screening we routinely are subjected to in the oil patch---and that doesn't come close to addressing the other agencies and employees.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Come on, Congress, do the peoples' business. Reach a compromise on immigration reform in exchange for relief for the dreamers.  And repeal the insane federal law that equates pot with heroin.   
That compromise was already reached by Congress in 1986.  We just need Executive to enforce it.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,298522.msg1567431.html#msg1567431

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien