Author Topic: Most Ridiculous Lawsuits  (Read 283 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Most Ridiculous Lawsuits
« on: January 08, 2018, 12:38:27 am »
I know the mod decided it was bored on a recent thread discussing the merits of lawsuits, so here's the alltime favorites on the frivolous ones.

There are many frivolous lawsuits, but some stand out because they are so preposterous. Here are seven examples.

1  The $67 Million Pants
Roy Pearson was an administrative law judge in Washington D.C.  In 2005 he took a pair of pants to a local dry cleaner for alterations. The dry cleaner was owned by South Korean immigrants named Chung. When Pearson went to retrieve the pants a few days later, he discovered they weren't there. The Chungs had inadvertently sent them to the wrong location. The pants were soon located but Pearson refused to accept them. He claimed the pants weren't his despite documentation provided by the Chungs that showed otherwise.

Pearson sued the dry cleaners for $67 million. Among other things, he claimed that the Chungs had committed fraud by failing to honor a "satisfaction guaranteed" sign displayed at the store. A court disagreed and Pearson ultimately lost the case. Pearson's term as a judge expired in 2007, and he was not re-appointed. He sued the city for wrongful termination, but did not get his job back.
https://www.thebalance.com/most-ridiculous-lawsuits-of-all-time-4110919
I see enough evidence here that lawyers pursuing these clients should have some liability in clogging up our court system needlessly.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:44:56 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington