Author Topic: Tom Cotton: Media only questions Republican presidents' mental fitness  (Read 3090 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Tom Cotton: Media only questions Republican presidents' mental fitness
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 04:46:44 am »
Does anyone else here remember how the Soviet Union dealt with powerful people who refused to go along with the program back during the 1950s and 60s?   Well let me refresh your memory!  The had them declared crazy and shipped them off to asylums.  The swamp has given up on taking Trump down via the Justice department and has now gone full out with this new "Trump is Crazy" program.  They are getting REALLY desparate.

You saw it here first.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 05:11:25 am »
@Concerned

"The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President"
   Amazon $13.99

@Victoria33

Don't diagnoses by shrinks who have never examined the patient strike you as unethical?  Not that any certification board would ever entertain a complaint if it concerns Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:54:03 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 05:13:00 am »
@Bigun

Soviet Style Abuse of Psychiatry Is Now Practiced In The US
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/soviet-style-abuse-of-psychiatry-is-now-practiced-in-the-us-t19299.html

Oleg Atbashian worked as a Soviet Agit-prop Artist. He's seen it from the inside in the USSR.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 03:01:52 pm »
@Bigun

Soviet Style Abuse of Psychiatry Is Now Practiced In The US
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/soviet-style-abuse-of-psychiatry-is-now-practiced-in-the-us-t19299.html

Oleg Atbashian worked as a Soviet Agit-prop Artist. He's seen it from the inside in the USSR.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Great article!  Thanks!   I think OUR own apparatchiks have studied the manual.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 03:16:47 pm »
Does anyone else here remember how the Soviet Union dealt with powerful people who refused to go along with the program back during the 1950s and 60s?   Well let me refresh your memory!  The had them declared crazy and shipped them off to asylums.  The swamp has given up on taking Trump down via the Justice department and has now gone full out with this new "Trump is Crazy" program.  They are getting REALLY desparate.

You saw it here first.
You're missing a crucial point here.

In those cases, the allegedly insane were common people, and the Communist ruling bloc was declaring them insane as political retribution.

In this case, it's the ruling bloc that is nuts, and it's the outsiders trying to draw attention to it.

What would you people do if we had a Caligula in office? Someone who was truly insane, obsessed with self-aggrandizing and tyranny? Here's a quiz: what if it were a Democrat behaving as Trump has?

Quit crying "communism." The fact that everyone's throwing a temper tantrum is evidence to me that they KNOW he's not right in the head to some degree, since the Trumpist response to anything negative is to deny reality.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »
You're missing a crucial point here.

In those cases, the allegedly insane were common people, and the Communist ruling bloc was declaring them insane as political retribution.

In this case, it's the ruling bloc that is nuts, and it's the outsiders trying to draw attention to it.

What would you people do if we had a Caligula in office? Someone who was truly insane, obsessed with self-aggrandizing and tyranny? Here's a quiz: what if it were a Democrat behaving as Trump has?

Quit crying "communism." The fact that everyone's throwing a temper tantrum is evidence to me that they KNOW he's not right in the head to some degree, since the Trumpist response to anything negative is to deny reality.

You are completely wrong across the board on this Jimmy.   

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 03:30:11 pm »
Tom Cotton: Media only questions Republican presidents' mental fitness

Why is this a surprise to anyone? The major media in the west is outright OWNED by the international left,and from THEIR POV anyone that isn't a leftist/globalist has mental problems.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 03:36:41 pm »
Of course, the media is questioning Trump’s mental stability.  Why?  There’s little “normal” about this Presidency and his reactions to things:  from the childish name-calling to the petty squabbles to the public fights within his own party.  An entire book was written by mental heath professionals questioning his mental stability.  Now, more recently, another book written by someone granted access to the White House brought up the same questions.    As he was being elected, 64% thought he lacked the temperament to be President with a quarter of those actually voting for him also questioning his temperament (according to an NBC exit poll).  He’s done little to assuage those who feel that way IMO.

Even members of his own party have questioned his stability.  During the campaign, Senator Lindsey Graham said:  “I think he’s a kook.  I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office.”  In August, Senator Bob Corker said:  "The President has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful."  In October, Senator Jeff Flake said the President takes “reckless, outrageous and undignified” stances that endanger democracy.

@Concerned

Yet,despite all this,he has been the most effective and best liked president BY THE VOTERS since Reagan left office.

Party Pod People hate him beyond belief because he upset their safe and comfortable apple carts and kept a fake conservative out of the White House.

Knock it off, Pete.  You know we don't permit wishing suicide on people.  --Mod2

Fake conservatives like you are a MUCH bigger threat to the future of America than any Dim candidate for the WH because you keep voting for asshats that pretend to be conservative,but who keep moving the goal posts further left with every election they win.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:43:41 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 03:40:27 pm »
I seem to recall reading about those who questioned Carter’s stability around the “killer rabbit” incident and a UFO he supposedly saw.  Plus, how long have folks been accusing Clinton of being a sex addict?  Sigmund Freud of all people was involved in a book looking at Woodrow Wilson’s mental health (even though Freud didn’t examine Wilson).  Wilson was a Democrat by the way and founded the League of Nations:

It’s interesting to me how so many folks celebrate Trump as being a fighter and a winner yet many of these same folks are consistently painting him as a victim.  I say, if you don’t want to be called crazy, don’t do and say crazy things (and that includes crazy tweets) – substitute “abnormal” for “crazy” if you like.  If you don’t want an unflattering portrait painted, don’t allow the painter into your house.  If you don’t want to be called childish, don’t engage in childish name-calling.  As is often the case with this Administration, many of these questions around Trump’s mental stability and intellect are a direct result of self-inflicted wounds:  I think the President is primarily a victim of his own impulsiveness, childishness, and narcissism.  Even the way he defends himself brings out questions of his intellect (e.g., “like, really smart” and “very stable genius”). 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 03:40:49 pm »
I don't believe I posted anything that indicated I consider those books as being "credible sources".   They ARE sources (and have even briefed members of Congress), and the media has covered them.  That was my point.  After all, this thread is about the media critiquing the President's mental heath.  Most of the media coverage I've seen has been covering other's comments about the President's mental health:  folks like those I identified in my previous reply including some Republicans.

You say I've only had one correct point. I believe everything I posted was factually correct.  If something wasn't, I'd appreciate you identifying what it was with your source of correction.  Thanks in advance for that.

For those who want crude, I can understand why Donald Trump is their man.

@Concerned

You poor bay-bay. If you are looking for sympathy because we don't have JEB or Hillary sitting in the White House,you will find it listed between "shit" and "syphilis" in the dictionary.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 03:43:46 pm »
@Concerned

Yet,despite all this,he has been the most effective and best liked president BY THE VOTERS since Reagan left office.

Party Pod People hate him beyond belief because he upset their safe and comfortable apple carts and kept a fake conservative out of the White House.

Knock it off, Pete.  You know we don't permit wishing suicide on people.  --Mod2

Fake conservatives like you are a MUCH bigger threat to the future of America than any Dim candidate for the WH because you keep voting for asshats that pretend to be conservative,but who keep moving the goal posts further left with every election they win.

I'm wondering what your source is that President Trump is the "best liked president BY THE VOTERS since Reagan left office"?  I haven't seen that data.

No one has every wished I committed suicide before.  WOW!  Incredible.  I hope you have a good day though! 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:58:42 pm by Mod2 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2018, 03:44:37 pm »
This thread is about media coverage.  I think just the fact that 27 psychiatrists and mental health experts assessed a President based on his public persona was news in and of itself.  The fact that the book’s editor briefed members of Congress was also newsworthy IMO.

@Concerned

HorseHillary! It would only be news if they said or wrote this about a Dim president.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 03:48:52 pm »
Presidents Bob Dole, John McCain and Mitt Romney were the GOP's version of "normal," if normal is your preference.

And I do seriously believe many NTs here would have preferred to lose with normalcy instead win, with an unusual guy willing and able to do whatever it takes to first win then undo the mistakes of Obama.

@truth_seeker

There can be no question about that. The Party Pod People see voting for a outsider like Trump instead of one of the Party Regulars like JEB,Lady Lindsey,or one of the other usual suspects as both a national and a personal betrayal. They are comfortable with and celebrate the political status quo,and hate any "disturbance with the force"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 04:01:32 pm »

@Concerned
I'm wondering what your source is that President Trump is the "best liked president BY THE VOTERS since Reagan left office"?  I haven't seen that data.

You need to get out of your commune more,comrade.

No one has every wished I committed suicide before.  WOW!  Incredible.

Surely you jest! Like I wrote above,you need to get out of your commune more.

I hope you have a good day though!

No,you don't. Quit lying.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:02:10 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 04:03:17 pm »
They tried to impeach Trump based on the fact that he wasn't Hillary. Then they discovered that you can't remove a President because you don't like him. They tried to spin up some narratives about crimes but they fell flat. Anything closely resembling a crime by a billionaire is too complicated for the sheeple to grasp. Ironically, the "Trump said grab her by the ***" optic didn't work because too many men replied "So?".
This "mental fitness" narrative is the latest try to spin up a narrative that will hook the marks. But they are so blind, they think they can replace Trump with anyone they want after he is removed.
"We'll 'impeach' Trump and put Oprah in his place"
"Yay! We love Oprah".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Concerned

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 04:13:31 pm »
You need to get out of your commune more,comrade.

Surely you jest! Like I wrote above,you need to get out of your commune more.

No,you don't. Quit lying.

@sneakypete

I'm not sure why some who disagree insist on name calling.  I'm about as far from a communist as possible.  I'll put my fiscal conservatism up against just about anyone.  I'm a free market capitalist to the max. 

I try and read a variety of sources of information yet I've never seen any definitive data that indicates President Trump is "the best liked president BY THE VOTERS since Reagan left office" as you asserted.  If you can't back it up, OK, I just wish you'd say that. 

I do hope you have a good day!  Life is too short for me to wish ill-will especially on folks I don't even know.  I think we can respectfully disagree and have data-based, evidence-based discussions without name-calling and wishing ill-will on each other (although I recognize this is more difficult for some than others). 

Still, have a good day!   :beer:

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 04:44:37 pm »
@Concerned

"Sigmund Freud of all people was involved in a book looking at Woodrow Wilson’s mental health (even though Freud didn’t examine Wilson)"

You are aware that Freud spent 11 years addicted to the cocaine he pushed to everyone else as a cure all for everything, right?

You're also aware that one of Siggy's claims to fame was that all men suffered from repressing their desire to murder their father so they could have sex with their own mother, right? The Oedipus Complex.

One young woman bought into his cocaine fix all to the point of having most of her nose removed. This was in the days Before reconstructive/Plastic Surgery.

Sure improved Her outlook on the rest of her life, didn't he?

In fact Uncle Siggy was SO accomplished at Lying, that he lied to himself in his journals: claiming he'd Cured both 8, or 13, different patients.

And when Freud researchers ran some of these people to ground in later years, they claimed Freud had done nothing of the sort, instead having ruined their lives with his jackass theories and meddlings.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:45:35 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 04:48:26 pm »

You saw it here first.

IIRC FDR used St Elizabeths as a place to stash people considered national security risks. So the Soviets didn't have the corner on that particular market.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 04:52:55 pm »
IIRC FDR used St Elizabeths as a place to stash people considered national security risks. So the Soviets didn't have the corner on that particular market.

Yeah!  Woodrow Wilson has a history as well but neither he nor FDR ever got remotely close to the scale of the Soviets.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 04:53:13 pm »

Well, we Are talking "To have a friend, you must Be a friend." FDR.

In reference to his friend Joe Stalin.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 04:56:31 pm »

The "Poor Donnie, victim president" line doesn't fly with me.

They knew Trump was a nutjob when they voted for him. Its why most of them voted for him.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2018, 04:57:34 pm »
@Concerned

"Sigmund Freud of all people was involved in a book looking at Woodrow Wilson’s mental health (even though Freud didn’t examine Wilson)"

You are aware that Freud spent 11 years addicted to the cocaine he pushed to everyone else as a cure all for everything, right?

You're also aware that one of Siggy's claims to fame was that all men suffered from repressing their desire to murder their father so they could have sex with their own mother, right? The Oedipus Complex.

One young woman bought into his cocaine fix all to the point of having most of her nose removed. This was in the days Before reconstructive/Plastic Surgery.

Sure improved Her outlook on the rest of her life, didn't he?

In fact Uncle Siggy was SO accomplished at Lying, that he lied to himself in his journals: claiming he'd Cured both 8, or 13, different patients.

And when Freud researchers ran some of these people to ground in later years, they claimed Freud had done nothing of the sort, instead having ruined their lives with his jackass theories and meddlings.

Yes I'm aware, thanks.  I posted the book simply in response to those who may think mental health professionals have never diagnosed Presidents without examining them before and that a book assessing a President's mental health has never been been written before when in fact, both have. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2018, 05:21:48 pm »
May I ask a serious question @To-Whose-Benefit? ?

You have repeatedly spoken ill of both psychology and psychiatry. What method do you suggest to treat mental illness?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2018, 05:26:21 pm »
Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi say Trump is not stable, so it must be so.

Then add in the full weight of some of our leading NTs here, and it is proved to the satisfaction of CNN and the WAPO.

Game, set, match.

*Not to mention, on a metaphysical/spiritual level, it is also written in the entrails and the fecal smears, too.  (always read the fecal smears; the final authority on conservatism)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2018, 05:37:05 pm »
@sneakypete

I'm not sure why some who disagree insist on name calling.  I'm about as far from a communist as possible.  I'll put my fiscal conservatism up against just about anyone.  I'm a free market capitalist to the max. 

Still, have a good day!   :beer:

@Concerned

Well,the FACT that you equate personal fiscal conservatism with being a conservative proves you ain't one.

George Soros and the Clinton's are "conservative" when spending THEIR money.

Being a political conservative is an entirely different thing with an entirely different focus that places the emphasis on country,not self.