Author Topic: Christie ‘absolutely’ believes he’d be president if Trump hadn’t run  (Read 2192 times)

Online corbe

Christie ‘absolutely’ believes he’d be president if Trump hadn’t run

By Olivia Beavers - 01/07/18 01:37 PM EST

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said in a new interview he would have definitely won the 2016 presidential election if Donald Trump had not decided to run.

"I absolutely believe if Trump had not gotten into the race I think we would have won," Christie told NJ.com's Matt Arco in an interview published Sunday.

"It's incredibly frustrating to think to yourself, 'Wow, if this guy were not in the race, we'd win this thing,'" he said, while reportedly reflecting on internal polling at the time of last year's campaign.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/367825-christie-absolutely-believes-hed-be-president-if-trump-hadnt-run
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Cruz would be president if about 10 other candidates hadn't decided that he needed to be stopped.

Offline Cripplecreek

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Christie: I'd be president if Trump hadn't run
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 08:04:48 pm »
Chris Christie: I'd be president if Trump hadn't run
by Caitlin Yilek | Jan 7, 2018, 2:55 PM

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie believes he would be in the White House if President Trump hadn’t entered the 2016 presidential race.

"It's incredibly frustrating to think to yourself, 'Wow, if this guy were not in the race, we'd win this thing,'" Christie told NJ.com in an interview published Sunday. "And I absolutely believe if Trump had not gotten into the race I think we would have won."

Christie sees “Bridgegate” — the scandal over closed lanes on the George Washington Bridge — as changing the course of his political future because he lost “the benefit of the doubt.”

"What Bridgegate did was deprive me of the benefit of the doubt — that's all," he said. "That's a big thing. But that's what it did."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chris-christie-id-be-president-if-trump-hadnt-run/article/2645232
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cruz would be president if about 10 other candidates hadn't decided that he needed to be stopped.

Offline MOD8

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

And Cruz was the only serious candidate.  Trump won on campaign rhetoric.  If he doesn't follow through with at least the illegal immigration issues he's a goner.  Christie is ridiculous. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

And Cruz was the only serious candidate.  Trump won on campaign rhetoric.  If he doesn't follow through with at least the illegal immigration issues he's a goner.  Christie is ridiculous.

Lindsey Graham stated that he was in the race to make sure Cruz didn't win.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
 8bs8   The 'Jelly Doughnut Boy' is delusional!   :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Night Hides Not

8bs8   The 'Jelly Doughnut Boy' is delusional!   :silly:

I was completely unaware that Denial was a river in New Jersey.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Lindsey Graham stated that he was in the race to make sure Cruz didn't win.

I can believe that and Lindsey Graham would have surely known that.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

I can believe that and Lindsey Graham would have surely known that.

Graham said you could kill Ted Cruz on the floor of the senate and no one would talk.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I tried to post the picture of him hugging Obama but couldn't get my phone to work.

The guy is delusional
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Perhaps if Christie weren't such an incompetent arrogant azzhole, people may have actually voted for him!

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

Like hell. Cruz will never be President. He would and did lose his ass in PA. No one likes him here and no one wants him here. He is a dud candidate outside of TX.

Offline Suppressed

Like hell. Cruz will never be President. He would and did lose his ass in PA. No one likes him here and no one wants him here. He is a dud candidate outside of TX.

:silly:

You need to get out of the projects, Frank.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

:silly:

You need to get out of the projects, Frank.

Other than using flaky delegate games, can you showed me a state Ted carried in the Primary that wasn't solid red? Cruz is a dud and wet dream for the Right just like Warren is for the Left. Both will never win shit outside of their protected political zones because they don't translate to the general public.

For Christs sake Cruz barely beat Kasich by a point in PA. That's pathetic.

Candidates    Vote    Pct.       Delegates

Donald J. Trump    892,702    56.7%       17
Ted Cruz    340,201    21.6       â€”
John Kasich    304,793    19.4       â€”
Ben Carson    14,616    0.9       â€”
Marco Rubio    11,739    0.7       â€”
Jeb Bush    9,287    0.6       â€”

Online corbe

In spite of your protestations @Frank Cannon, Pennsylvania is not 'exactly' a bell whether of what COULD be.

(Not sure if you're trolling, or not?)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

In spite of your protestations @Frank Cannon, Pennsylvania is not 'exactly' a bell whether of what COULD be.

(Not sure if you're trolling, or not?)

It was this election. Trump won it. Show me what states Ted was going to win other than PA to win in '16.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Other than using flaky delegate games, can you showed me a state Ted carried in the Primary that wasn't solid red? Cruz is a dud and wet dream for the Right just like Warren is for the Left. Both will never win shit outside of their protected political zones because they don't translate to the general public.

For Christs sake Cruz barely beat Kasich by a point in PA. That's pathetic.

Candidates    Vote    Pct.       Delegates

Donald J. Trump    892,702    56.7%       17
Ted Cruz    340,201    21.6       â€”
John Kasich    304,793    19.4       â€”
Ben Carson    14,616    0.9       â€”
Marco Rubio    11,739    0.7       â€”
Jeb Bush    9,287    0.6       â€”

Oh for Pete's sake Frank, how quickly you forget (and comparing him to Kasich is asinine):

In the 2016 Republican presidential primaries, Cruz received over 7.8 million votes, won 12 states, and earned 559 delegates. He raised nearly $92 million, a record for a GOP primary candidate, much of it from small online donors and had 325,000 volunteers.

On February 1, 2016, Cruz won the Iowa caucuses. The Iowa win made him the first Hispanic to win either a presidential primary election or caucus. Cruz received 28% of the vote. On February 10, 2016, Cruz placed third in the New Hampshire primary, with about 12% of the vote. On February 21, 2016, he placed third in the South Carolina Republican primary with about 22.3% of the vote.

On March 1, 2016, Super Tuesday primary day, Cruz won Texas by 17%, along with Alaska and Oklahoma, providing him with four state primary victories total.[ In the Texas primary, Cruz received the most votes in all but six of the state's 254 counties. On March 5, 2016, Cruz won the Kansas and Maine caucuses, giving him six statewide wins.

Cruz won his widest margin up to that point in Kansas, where he beat frontrunner Donald Trump by 25 points.With his victories over Trump in Texas, Kansas, and Maine, Cruz established himself as the candidate with the best opportunity to defeat Trump, the leading contender for the nomination.

On March 8, 2016, Cruz won the Idaho primary with 45% of vote—defeating Trump by 17% and earning his seventh statewide victory. He placed second in Michigan, Mississippi, and Hawaii. On March 12, 2016, Cruz won the Wyoming county conventions with 67% of the vote and 9 delegates, giving him his eighth statewide win.

On March 22, 2016, Cruz won the Utah Caucus with 69.2% of the vote, versus John Kasich with 16.8% and Donald Trump with 14% Because Cruz surpassed the 50% winner-take-all threshold, he won all 40 of Utah's delegates. This win was his ninth. On April 3, 2016, North Dakota elected a slate of delegates that was dominated by pro-Cruz delegates. Cruz received the support of the majority of the delegates.
On April 6, 2016, Cruz won the Wisconsin primary with 48.2% of the vote, with Trump receiving 35.1%. It was Cruz's tenth statewide win. Cruz won 36 of the possible 42 delegates available in Wisconsin. Trump received the other 6 delegates. On April 2 and 7–9, 2016, Cruz swept the Colorado congressional district and state conventions taking all 34 delegates. This gave Cruz his eleventh state win. On April 16, 2016, Cruz won all 14 of Wyoming's at-large delegates in the state convention. This secured the majority of state delegates giving Cruz his twelfth state win..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

Online corbe

Online corbe

Not that I blame them but Pennsylvania hasn't voted for a Republican since GHWB, till Trump, of course.  Not exactly a bastion of Conservatism there.  JS

Offline Cripplecreek

On March 8, 2016, Cruz won the Idaho primary with 45% of vote—defeating Trump by 17% and earning his seventh statewide victory. He placed second in Michigan, Mississippi, and Hawaii. On March 12, 2016, Cruz won the Wyoming county conventions with 67% of the vote and 9 delegates, giving him his eighth statewide win.

@libertybele

I was surprised at Ted Cruz's showing here in Michigan. I figured a 3rd place finish would be optimistic but a 4th place finish would be likely.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan