Author Topic: The aging, sagging fruits of feminism . Patrice Lewis  (Read 766 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

The aging, sagging fruits of feminism . Patrice Lewis
« on: January 07, 2018, 06:42:49 pm »
Ain’t feminism great? It’s opened so many doors for women. No longer held back by the male patriarchy, women are free to compete in the most cut-throat professions, to seek the most prestigious careers, to run for the highest political offices. Women today are far more educated, well-read, erudite and independent than their sad, sorry sisters of 50 years ago. Wonderful, isn’t it?

Feminists got what they wanted, but – and I know this comes as a shocking surprise – they aren’t happy.

more. http://www.wnd.com/2018/01/the-aging-sagging-fruits-of-feminism/

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: The aging, sagging fruits of feminism . Patrice Lewis
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 08:30:51 pm »
I decided at a much younger age that "women's liberation" was anything but liberating.  I've had two careers, both in male dominated fields, and I am grateful for those opportunities as I found both very satisfying.  Now that I am retirement age and beyond (but not retired), I would be first to tell any young woman that her family should be first.  From that family will come her most complete satisfaction and her strongest emotional support.  My grandchildren are the joy of my life and I am happily pouring my energy and treasure into helping them succeed in life.  In helping their parents see that each child has the education and opportunities that best suits that child.  I rejoice in their success with more joy than I felt for any of my own.  Why would any woman deprive herself of the best that life has to offer?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:37:36 pm »
Maybe they shouldn’t have burned their bras  :shrug:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 03:44:49 am »
A number of analysts of the movement pointed out that there were two factions of feminists: the gender feminists and the equity feminists.
The gender feminists were the hags who made war on men and their own country. The equity feminists simply wanted the chance to compete for the same jobs as men.
Guess who got the most publicity? Why the gender feminists of  course led by Gloria (a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle) Steinem, Betty Friedan, and a few others. They made no bones that men were the enemy (the "Patriarchy") and that they wished to destroy the American nuclear family. In both efforts they've had great success. You now have numerous wealthy females who got rich under the "Patriarchy" who think they're victims. I know a few in my own family.
The equity feminists had no nationally known leader who disavowed the hate coming from the gender feminists. So today the feminist movement is still dominated by the angry, shrill, gender feminists who still make war on men and their own country.
The gender feminists have done great damage to the relationship between men and women as well as to their own country.
I consider them  as great an evil as any group in the country.  They're a plague.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:45:43 am by goatprairie »

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 11:10:06 pm »
A number of analysts of the movement pointed out that there were two factions of feminists: the gender feminists and the equity feminists.
The gender feminists were the hags who made war on men and their own country. The equity feminists simply wanted the chance to compete for the same jobs as men.
Guess who got the most publicity? Why the gender feminists of  course led by Gloria (a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle) Steinem, Betty Friedan, and a few others. They made no bones that men were the enemy (the "Patriarchy") and that they wished to destroy the American nuclear family. In both efforts they've had great success. You now have numerous wealthy females who got rich under the "Patriarchy" who think they're victims. I know a few in my own family.
The equity feminists had no nationally known leader who disavowed the hate coming from the gender feminists. So today the feminist movement is still dominated by the angry, shrill, gender feminists who still make war on men and their own country.
The gender feminists have done great damage to the relationship between men and women as well as to their own country.
I consider them  as great an evil as any group in the country.  They're a plague.

Excellent explanation and conclusion.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 11:26:36 pm »
Maybe they shouldn’t have burned their bras  :shrug:

I read a study that bras are no deterrent to age and the effects of gravity. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 12:09:09 am »

Well said!

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 02:10:15 am »
I read a study that bras are no deterrent to age and the effects of gravity.

I’m sure it had plenty of diagrams.
I stand with Roosgirl.