Author Topic: Trump Washes His Hands Of Insurgency Against GOP Incumbents  (Read 1046 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump Washes His Hands Of Insurgency Against GOP Incumbents
« on: January 07, 2018, 03:13:23 pm »

THURMONT, Md. (AP) — President Donald Trump says he's done campaigning for insurgents challenging incumbent Republican members of Congress.

Trump told reporters after meeting GOP House and Senate leaders at Camp David on Saturday that he's planning a robust schedule of campaigning for the 2018 midterm elections and that includes involvement in the Republican primaries. He'll campaign for incumbents, he said, and "anybody else that has my kind of thinking."

But after a stinging loss in Alabama, Trump said he's done supporting challengers, declaring: "I don't see that happening." Trump had supported Roy Moore after he won the GOP primary. Moore's defeat in the subsequent special election handed Democrats another seat in the Senate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-washes-hands-insurgency-against-gop-incumbents-073925555--politics.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:15:33 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump Washes His Hands Of Insurgency Against GOP Incumbents
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 03:18:22 pm »
He'll campaign for incumbents, he said, and "anybody else that has my kind of thinking."

That makes it easier. I just won't vote for anybody who wants Trump's endorsement.

Offline edpc

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 03:28:17 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 03:41:46 pm »

When it comes to Congress, Alabama happened.  I'm rather relieved we're out of the busy of throwing away Congressional seats.   ^-^

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 04:06:29 pm »
When it comes to Congress, Alabama happened.  I'm rather relieved we're out of the busy of throwing away Congressional seats.   ^-^

Keep smiling, while you’re sold out piecemeal and not all at once.  If anything, 2017 proved the leadership and longtime incumbents are the problem.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 09:29:56 pm »
THURMONT, Md. (AP) — President Donald Trump says he's done campaigning for insurgents challenging incumbent Republican members of Congress.

Trump told reporters after meeting GOP House and Senate leaders at Camp David on Saturday that he's planning a robust schedule of campaigning for the 2018 midterm elections and that includes involvement in the Republican primaries. He'll campaign for incumbents, he said, and "anybody else that has my kind of thinking."

But after a stinging loss in Alabama, Trump said he's done supporting challengers, declaring: "I don't see that happening." Trump had supported Roy Moore after he won the GOP primary. Moore's defeat in the subsequent special election handed Democrats another seat in the Senate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-washes-hands-insurgency-against-gop-incumbents-073925555--politics.html

Trump just anointed himself as the Swamp King.

It’s the ultimate betrayal of his Orange Brigadiers.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 09:39:12 pm »

It wasn't exactly a secret to anybody living on this planet.

Reince Preibus was his first pick for a a top level white house job. He then endorsed Mitt Romney's niece for the RNC chair vacated by Preibus.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 09:45:44 pm »
It wasn't exactly a secret to anybody living on this planet.

Reince Preibus was his first pick for a a top level white house job. He then endorsed Mitt Romney's niece for the RNC chair vacated by Preibus.

Spot on, cc.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 09:50:36 pm »
Spot on, cc.

When it became apparent that it was a race between Trump and Cruz, the establishment flocked to the man they knew they could make deals with and it wasn't Ted Cruz.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 09:50:37 pm »

It might be a peace offering to try and get his agenda thru.

If he supports Daca then well know for sure.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 09:52:31 pm »

He supports DACA. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 09:53:57 pm »
He supports DACA.

Perhaps.   Those might be just for positioning.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 10:07:13 pm »
   Help me out here @driftdiver DACA is an obummer EO and could have been undone on DAY ONE as he promised for 18 months.  In September right before he kicked the ball over to Congress he declared publicly that he didn't have the heart to kick out 10 million children from this Country.  It was all BS then and is BS now.  DACA is here to stay with the GOP/DEM and the Trump Administration behind it. IMHO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 10:08:09 pm »
   Help me out here @driftdiver DACA is an obummer EO and could have been undone on DAY ONE as he promised for 18 months.  In September right before he kicked the ball over to Congress he declared publicly that he didn't have the heart to kick out 10 million children from this Country.  It was all BS then and is BS now.  DACA is here to stay with the GOP/DEM and the Trump Administration behind it. IMHO

It’s all 11 billion dimension chess, don’t you know!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 10:32:16 pm »
It’s all 11 billion dimension chess, don’t you know!

Pretzels...I see pretzels everywhere.

Not to mention cases of Diet Coke.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 10:35:43 pm »

Sorry, can’t help you. Trying to make sense out of this is beyond me.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 10:40:51 pm »

He ended the EO but then delayed it 6 months.   Don't know why.  He may be president but he still needs Congress.   I put the responsibility at the feet of the gop.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:04:39 pm by driftdiver »

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 10:44:08 pm »

This positioning and concession making is completely unnecessary.  The two biggest items supporters wanted were a full repeal of Obamacare and strict adherence to immigration law.  When the repeal failed, the backlash was against Congress, not the President.  They handed him the Sword of Damocles and he turned it into a Nerf toy.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 10:49:49 pm »

This positioning and concession making is completely unnecessary.  The two biggest items supporters wanted were a full repeal of Obamacare and strict adherence to immigration law.  When the repeal failed, the backlash was against Congress, not the President.  They handed him the Sword of Damocles and he turned it into a Nerf toy.

He got plenty of backlash here for failure to repeal aca

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 11:05:09 pm »
He got plenty of backlash here for failure to repeal aca

Most of that was due to him saying 'send me a bill' and leaving it at that.  At first, that's fine, because there were many pushed through Congress during the Obama era. 

Once it's obvious they weren't serious about their plan, you present your own that your people have developed during the campaign and transition period.  When Congress refuses to pass that, it's the blunt instrument you use to beat the hell out of them and install the people your team has researched as challengers in 2018 and 2020.  In your second term, you have the power, momentum, and legitimacy to enact your sweeping agenda and pave the way for your legacy to be carried forth by Pence or whomever in 2024.

That's how a serious and strategic executive would act, instead of this ADHD, let's complain about everything, here and now, Twitter bullshit approach.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:05:34 pm by edpc »