Author Topic: Erdogan vows to strangle US 'terror army' in Syria and invade Kurdish enclave  (Read 1058 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Erdogan vows to strangle US 'terror army' in Syria and invade Kurdish enclave
Areeb Ullah
Monday 15 January 2018 13:03 UTC
Last update:
Monday 15 January 2018 18:09 UTC

Erdogan says he will stangle border force 'before it's born' (AFP)

Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday promised he would stop a Kurd-led border force being created by the US, and said final preparations were under way to invade the Kurdish canton of Afrin, as tensions rose once again between the ostensible allies over Syria.

His speech in Ankara came a day after the US announced it would form a 30,000-strong border force led by the Kurdish YPG militia - a group Turkey regards as terrorist and linked to the PKK organisation in Turkey.

A country we call an ally is insisting on forming a terror army on our border. Our mission is to strangle it before it's even born

- Recep Tayyip Erdogan

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/erdogan-vows-destroy-us-terror-army-syria-and-invade-kurdish-enclave-1842376180

Check that, really bad news from leadership in Turkey but also Russia and Syria. Kind of a carpy situation.

Offline jpsb

Well what do you know, looks like the old Ottoman Empire is  back!

Offline TomSea

This force could be sizeable:

War in Syria: US plans to help set up a 30,000-strong Syrian Kurdish "border security force" denounced
By Euronews

Key powers involved in Syria's civil war have criticised US plans to help set up a 30,000-strong Syrian Kurdish "border security force."

Turkey's president vowed to "suffocate" efforts to begin training members of the Syrian Democratic Forces.

"Now the US has acknowledged it has established an army of terror along our country's border. It's up to us to drown this army of terror before it is born," said Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/01/15/war-in-syria-us-plans-to-help-set-up-syrian-kurdish-border-security-force-denounced

I can't find the article now, but I believe I saw one saying that "Syrian TV says that they will boot out US forces".

So, those are 3 different negative stories here.

Quite a bit happening here, we will see.

Offline TomSea

Syrian army to end U.S. presence in the country: state TV citing FM source
Reuters Staff
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The Syrian army is determined to end any form of U.S. presence in the country, state television said on Monday, citing an official source in the foreign ministry.

More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-army/syrian-army-to-end-u-s-presence-in-the-country-state-tv-citing-fm-source-idUSKBN1F40WV

Offline TomSea

This is more conciliatory per Russia:
Russian FM: Kurds’ interests must be considered in Syria

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – The Sochi congress on the Syrian conflict will bring together a more complete representation of the Syrian people, including the Kurds, and will, therefore, expand opportunities for resolving the conflict, Russia’s foreign minister said.

http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/syria/150120181

Offline dfwgator

Well what do you know, looks like the old Ottoman Empire is  back!

Turkey out of NATO, NOW!

Offline jpsb

Turkey out of NATO, NOW!

Now would be a great time to remove the 50 or so nuclear weapons we have stored in Turkey.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I used to think Syria and Turkey are the armpit of the world, then I realized it's just another sh**hole.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Erdogan was quick to warn the US and other nations over what the future might hold if the plan goes ahead. “This is what we have to say to all our allies: don't get in between us and terrorist organisations, or we will not be responsible for the unwanted consequences.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/recep-tayyip-erdogan-syria-kurdish-force-drown-turkey-us-sdp-ypg-pkk-a8160111.html

To the Turks, everything is "shurla burla", which means "like this, like that". You never know what will happen. All foreigners are "ayip", they're considered dirty. So is homosexuality, it's a big crime here, but most of them do it every chance they get. There are about thousand things that are "ayip", for instance, you can stab or shoot somebody below the waist but not above because that's intent to kill. So everyone runs around stabbing everyone else in the ass. That's what they call Turkish revenge. I know it must all sound crazy to you, but this place is crazy.  -  Billy Hayes.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:16:24 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.