Author Topic: “Racist” Trump Presides Over Lowest Black Unemployment Rate in History  (Read 1791 times)

rangerrebew

“Racist” Trump Presides Over Lowest Black Unemployment Rate in History

By V Saxena
January 6, 2018 at 8:20am

Unemployment in the black community dropped to a record low of 6.8 percent in December, the lowest black unemployment rate ever recorded since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began tracking this statistic in 1972.

“In the 45 years the data has been tracked, the unemployment rate for black or African-American workers aged 16 years and older has never fallen below 7 percent,” notes CNBC.

https://conservativetribune.com/racist-trump-black-unemployment/

Offline RoosGirl

I asked this on the other thread about this topic; didn't POTUS say that the BLS unemployment numbers were bogus?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I asked this on the other thread about this topic; didn't POTUS say that the BLS unemployment numbers were bogus?

Yes, and our side screamed this since it was 'modified' back in 2009. They are still using the Obama era adjusted U3 numbers (versus U6) which Trump himself called fake news.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/189068/bls-unemployment-seasonally-adjusted.aspx.aspx

Offline RoosGirl

Yes, and our side screamed this since it was 'modified' back in 2009. They are still using the Obama era adjusted U3 numbers (versus U6) which Trump himself called fake news.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/189068/bls-unemployment-seasonally-adjusted.aspx.aspx

I knew that. ;)

Offline aligncare

This seems as good a place as any to pop this in: character is unimportant to doing a good job as president. I’ll take it even further; questions of a candidate’s personal character has no place in politics. There, I said it.

Obama acted presidential, wasn’t universally thought of as lacking character, and didn’t engage in Twitter bullying. Donald Trump on the other hand is accused of all of the above.

So from the standpoint of an out-of-work black American, who is the better president? Obama or Trump?

Asked differently (but analogous nonetheless): Do you use character as the criteria for selecting your heart surgeon? Or would you use surgical skills, positive outcomes, etc as the basis on which you make your selection?

Offline RoosGirl

This seems as good a place as any to pop this in: character is unimportant to doing a good job as president. I’ll take it even further; questions of a candidate’s personal character has no place in politics. There, I said it.

Obama acted presidential, wasn’t universally thought of as lacking character, and didn’t engage in Twitter bullying. Donald Trump on the other hand is accused of all of the above.

So from the standpoint of an out-of-work black American, who is the better president? Obama or Trump?

Asked differently (but analogous nonetheless): Do you use character as the criteria for selecting your heart surgeon? Or would you use surgical skills, positive outcomes, etc as the basis on which you make your selection?

Then you have no problem with Bill Clinton's allegations of rape and sexual abuse, and any murderer or con-man you would advocate for as long as they were Republican. 

President vs heart surgeon analogous?  Not hardly.

By the way, didn't POTUS say the BLS numbers were bullshit?

Offline ABX

A man's character is everything. If he measures his actions and words to be right and true, one can then trust the judgement of the man. If he is unmeasured and unbalanced, the fruits of what he produces can't be trusted. Obama may not have engaged in 'twitter battles' but he also displayed poor, unmeasured character- he just did it with a wider vocabulary. Neither should be trusted based on the reflection of their character.

Or, as a once great man said: "Character matters; leadership descends from character".

I weep for us if we now accept that character is unimportant in anything, but especially something this important. There is a certain cornerstone we've lost in this country if we are at that point.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I'm glad POTUS has been able to bring down the black unemployment rate.  I always feel better then the right guy is in control of the economy.  What I can't understand is why previous Presidents didn't set the unemployment rate lower, or even ensure that everyone had a job.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline ABX

Then you have no problem with Bill Clinton's allegations of rape and sexual abuse, and any murderer or con-man you would advocate for as long as they were Republican. 

Here is one, directly embedded from his own twitter so one can't say it is a 'fake tweet'.

Link if the embed doesn't work:
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/259391524201193472?lang=en

Here are 19 times he called unemployment numbers fake.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/10/19-times-trump-called-the-jobs-numbers-fake-before-they-made-him-look-good/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:37:41 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

Pretty sure that at one point he said the real unemployment rate was closer to 50%, but maybe that was someone else.

Here you go. He said it the 'real' number was 42% and Obama was using Phony numbers (the same statistic he is now using)
Washington This Week : CSPAN : August 30, 2015 1:47pm-2:00pm EDT : Free Streaming : Internet Archive

Offline RoosGirl

Here you go. He said it the 'real' number was 42% and Obama was using Phony numbers (the same statistic he is now using)
Washington This Week : CSPAN : August 30, 2015 1:47pm-2:00pm EDT : Free Streaming : Internet Archive

Yep, that was it.  Thanks for finding that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

So are you claiming there has not been improvement in black unemployment? What are your statistics? What are your conclusions?

Has black unemployment improved, or not?

Let's see if every thread topic can be derailed with #nevertrump, and not cover the underlying subject.

#nevertrumps sound like liberals and democrats in the media.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

So are you claiming there has not been improvement in black unemployment? What are your statistics? What are your conclusions?

Let's see if every thread topic can be derailed with #nevertrump, and not cover the underlying subject.

Are you claiming there's been an improvement based on the numbers that POTUS said were bogus?  Was POTUS full of shit when he claimed the BLS numbers were bogus or is he full of shit now?

Offline aligncare

Rape is a crime.

A Twitter rant is not.

I wouldn’t care if my surgeon, whom I have confidence in as the best in his field, was sleeping with his secretary, his partners wife, and was cheating on his taxes, too. Doesn’t matter to me, because he’ll likely save my life.

There’s absolutely no difference between selecting the best president who will save my country (a Republican) or selecting the best surgeon who will save my life. It’s about job performance.

There are numerous examples of fine presidents who were terrible in office and those who were good in office. Just as there are numerous examples of low character presidents who were good in office and those who were terrible in office.

Completely analogous.

Offline RoosGirl

Rape is a crime.

A Twitter rant is not.

I wouldn’t care if my surgeon, whom I have confidence in as the best in his field, was sleeping with his secretary, his partners wife, and was cheating on his taxes, too. Doesn’t matter to me, because he’ll likely save my life.

There’s absolutely no difference between selecting the best president who will save my country (a Republican) or selecting the best surgeon who will save my life. It’s about job performance.

There are numerous examples of fine presidents who were terrible in office and those who were good in office. Just as there are numerous examples of low character presidents who were good in office and those who were terrible in office.

Completely analogous.

A surgeon isn't representing the ideals of the country.

Offline aligncare

But, the right president could save my country’s future (and hence it’s ideals).

What would America look like after eight years of Hillary? She and the leftist media would have left the country in shambles. Further from its ideals than could be ever imagined today.

Offline dfwgator

Trump is forcing black people to work,  that's like slavery, or something.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm glad POTUS has been able to bring down the black unemployment rate.  I always feel better then the right guy is in control of the economy.  What I can't understand is why previous Presidents didn't set the unemployment rate lower, or even ensure that everyone had a job.

Because people earning their own money and building their own "nest eggs" have little need for a government that wants to take it from them and spend it on someone else @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Democrats must have enough people needing a government to take from the self-reliant and give to them .... or they lose elections and power.  Needy people make good Democrats.

And one of the great things about the President is he is not "controlling" the economy --- he is setting it free.  This is a win-win for business owners and employees.

Offline aligncare

Because people earning their own money and building their own "nest eggs" have little need for a government that wants to take it from them and spend it on someone else @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Democrats must have enough people needing a government to take from the self-reliant and give to them .... or they lose elections and power.  Needy people make good Democrats.

And one of the great things about the President is he is not "controlling" the economy --- he is setting it free.  This is a win-win for business owners and employees.

The greatest beneficiaries of the Trump tax cuts will be middle income wage earners. And it’s about time, dagnabbit!

Offline RoosGirl

But, the right president could save my country’s future (and hence it’s ideals).

What would America look like after eight years of Hillary? She and the leftist media would have left the country in shambles. Further from its ideals than could be ever imagined today.

Oh goody, another "Let's compare him to Hillary" comment.  Yes, even Trump looks good when compared to Hillary.  What a stellar accomplishment to be proud of.  But that's not really what the thread is about, nor even the comments that led up here.

The actual ideals of the country I want to see exhibited from the President's bully pulpit, not the church pulpit, are:  A belief in: US sovereignty, economic freedom, the rule of law, entrepreneurship, religious freedom, national security and a government by and for the people.

A devotion to family is a plus.

Offline ABX

You actually bring up the exact point many have been trying to make.

As we were reminded upthread- character is unimportant. Well if that's so, we can't rely on trust. So where does that leave us?

1. We can take Trump's word for the past 6ish years that the adjusted U3 numbers are 'fake news' or 'phony' as he called them. If that is the case, holding him to his own standard, he is pushing a fake story now.

2. The numbers are dropping but based on a trend that has been happening for a while. Is he then taking credit for something he didn't do? This goes back to the character statement we've been discussing.

3. The numbers are dropping based on a specific measurable action he took. In which case, he would be benefited by being specific and pointing out specifically what action he took that made this happen.

So we do get back to character. We are told that character doesn't matter so it is natural we shouldn't trust him and we should not take this at his word.

Offline RoosGirl

The actual ideals of the country I want to see exhibited from the President's bully pulpit, not the church pulpit, are:  A belief in: US sovereignty, economic freedom, the rule of law, entrepreneurship, religious freedom, national security and a government by and for the people.

A devotion to family is a plus.

We don't disagree on this.  How about a POTUS that believes in American exceptionalism?  Or for that matter even knows what it is?

We don't disagree on this.  How about a POTUS that believes in American exceptionalism?  Or for that matter even knows what it is?

Everything I wrote in my post is encapsulated in the words "American exceptionalism." --- and everything the President does, every one of his goals is rooted in this. 

Offline RoosGirl

Everything I wrote in my post is encapsulated in the words "American exceptionalism." --- and everything the President does, every one of his goals is rooted in this.

Maybe you should tell him that the next time you see him.