Author Topic: Underestimating Trump Supporters ...David Limbaugh  (Read 1483 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Underestimating Trump Supporters ...David Limbaugh
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 12:56:12 am »
Clarify your reasoning: He didn’t win fair and square.

Tell us, then. How did he cheat? Did he use the tactics of a hard fought political campaign too darn effectively for your taste?

Or was it that he used the tactics of a hard fought political campaign too effectively against YOUR preferred candidate? Stubborn pride much?

My daddy taught me when I lose at something to pick myself up, dust myself off and try harder next time. Sulking, whatever form it took, was not allowed. Just some affectionate advice.

@aligncare Respectfully we will have to agree to disagree on the issue of whether or not the GOP nominating convention was almost as 'rigged' as the DNC one was. 

I appreciate the advice, my Dad didn't say much to me but he was a very smart man and I think he would have told me "Son, if the game is rigged, take your ball and go home, come back later and burn the club house down".
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Underestimating Trump Supporters ...David Limbaugh
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 01:28:42 am »
"This epiphany came to me when I was debating a longtime friend who is respected in the community and every bit as conservative as I am but had supported Trump from the beginning. I saw that he was not the exceptional Trump supporter but the typical one, someone who had not given over his critical faculties to runaway emotions but who genuinely believed that Trump, flaws and all, was the answer for these unusual times. As time passed, my epiphany was repeatedly confirmed: Trump supporters are patriotic Americans -- not bigots, not political illiterates, not overreacting zealots -- who just wanted our country and culture back. It's that simple."

"The Trump opponents have a variety of excuses to deny Trump credit for advancing this agenda and discredit those who foresaw the landscape better than they. They can't stand his tone, his manners or his tweets. They view him as temperamentally and mentally unfit for office. Even when he achieves policy success after policy success, they childishly huff that it is only because other people besides Trump are running the White House -- that he has delegated foreign policy matters and "outsourced" his legislative agenda. Come on, people.

Well, I don't know whether Trump has morphed into a full-blown ideological conservative, but I do know that he's largely governing as one -- and an effective one at that, accomplishing some bold things that few other conservative presidents would have even tried."

Excellent article from the other Limbaugh...