Author Topic: Sheriff Clarke to face trial for Facebook taunts  (Read 742 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sheriff Clarke to face trial for Facebook taunts
« on: January 06, 2018, 02:30:26 am »
Sheriff Clarke to face trial for Facebook taunts
By Julia Manchester - 01/05/18 08:33 PM EST

Former Milwaukee County Sheriff and prominent President Trump supporter David Clarke Jr. will face trial for taunting a man on Facebook, USA Today reported.

Clarke is set to stand trial on Jan. 22 after he called Daniel Black a "snowflake" on Facebook. Black complained that Clarke abused his authority to harass him after an encounter on an airplane in Jan. 15, 2017.

No criminal charges were filed in the case, but Black also filed a civil rights lawsuit against Clarke. A judge on Friday dismissed many of the charges but said a jury should decide whether Clarke's Facebook posts at the time were threats or retaliation against Black.

“Cheer up, snowflake ... if Sheriff Clarke were to really harass you, you wouldn’t be around to whine about it," one post from Clarke said.

Clarke allegedly ordered six sheriff's deputies to take Black aside and question him upon arrival in Milwaukee, Wis., after Black showed disapproval of Clarke on a plane.

"While Clarke's actions reflect poor judgment, they do not shock the conscience," Stadtmueller said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/367713-sheriff-clarke-to-face-trial-for-facebook-taunts
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Sheriff Clarke to face trial for Facebook taunts
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:30:57 am »
Save you a trip to USA Today to search for a picture of the liberal snowflake that could dish it out, but couldn't take it.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:49:00 am »
Clarke has been playing it close to the edge on a number of things such as treatment of prisoners. I like him but we all must be careful.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 03:53:00 am »
What a wimp, screw you snowflake.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 04:14:47 am »
I read The Hill's article and the USA Today article.  Something is missing.  Why would the sheriff have his deputies "greet" an airline passenger that simply walked up, asked if he was who he was and then shook his hand? 

It certainly would be intimidating if you were met at the gate by 6 deputies and questioned for 15 minutes, and I ain't no damn snowflake.  This is just weird.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 04:26:20 am »
I remember this episode, it happened about a year ago, Green Bay went to play the Dallas Cowboys there.

Sheriff Clarke is a Cowboys fan but he was the Sheriff of Milwaukee, anyway, the altercation happened I believe mostly outside the plane boarding for the return trip to Wisconsin, I'm sure there is plenty on it.

From reading the tweets, I don't think that's really a threat, maybe one could make a case it's harassment.

So, one can research it for themselves, I guess the Deputies came upon the plane when it landed in Wisconsin.

But I've read the original story, one can call this young man a snowflake but the original story went something like all he said was "Aren't you Sheriff Clarke" and then, there was some sort of misunderstanding, the young man was a Packers fan.

Green Bay did win that game btw.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 05:27:27 am »
Clarke is a psychotic nutjob who just a few days ago warned the media that they would soon taste their own blood.

Never underestimate the depths a fame junkie will sink to for a fix.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 05:42:19 am »
Never trust anyone in a cowboy hat that doesn't have Texas plates on his car.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 09:08:18 am »
Clarke is a psychotic nutjob who just a few days ago warned the media that they would soon taste their own blood.

Never underestimate the depths a fame junkie will sink to for a fix.

:nometalk:

And a Democrat as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_A._Clarke_Jr.