Author Topic: Top Democrat sounds government shutdown alarm after White House demands additional $18 billion for b  (Read 541 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top Democrat sounds government shutdown alarm after White House demands additional $18 billion for border wall
by Diana Stancy Correll | Jan 5, 2018, 7:29 PM

Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin warned a government shutdown is a very real possibility while condemning a White House immigration plan that demands an additional $18 billion in funds to construct a U.S.-Mexico border wall.

“President Trump has said he may need a good government shutdown to get his wall. With this demand, he seems to be heading in that direction,” the Illinois Democrat said in a statement Friday.

“It’s outrageous that the White House would undercut months of bipartisan efforts by again trying to put its entire wish-list of hardline anti-immigrant bills — plus an additional $18 billion in wall funding — on the backs of these young people,” the statement continued. “Bipartisan negotiations continue in good faith among senators who understand what is at stake, and I will continue my efforts to reach a bipartisan agreement.”

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/top-democrat-sounds-government-shutdown-alarm-after-white-house-demands-additional-18-billion-for-border-wall/article/2645158
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

I guess this is on top of the $1,000,000,000,000 infrastructure plan.