Author Topic: DC bookstore sold out of ‘Fire and Fury’ 20 minutes after midnight release  (Read 2946 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
These pictures only prove that YOU are a fan of the National Enquirer.

Trump and Enquirer CEO David Pecker have been friends for years. “They’re very close,” said a source close to the Enquirer. In July 2013, Trump even tweeted that Pecker should become CEO of Time magazine, which at the time was being spun off from its corporate parent, Time Warner. “He’d make it exciting and win awards!”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/10/trumps-alliance-with-the-national-enquirer.html

This relationship has been known for a long time.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

NeverTrumpers’ outrage over Trump is fed by unsupported supposition and hearsay. Currently it’s Michael Wolff.

They got a nice little positive feedback loop going. This could go on for years.

Offline Concerned

NeverTrumpers’ outrage over Trump is fed by unsupported supposition and hearsay. Currently it’s Michael Wolff.

They got a nice little positive feedback loop going. This could go on for years.

I can’t speak for NeverTrumpers but my dislike over Trump personally is fed by the lies, misleading statements, distractions, and petty squabbles that come directly out of his mouth and his twitter feed. Unfortunately, I just don’t think he can help himself.  As a result, I agree with you that this could go on for years, 3 more years in fact.  The fact that he apparently isn’t embracing fiscal conservative policies like no deficit spending, attacking the debt, and tackling entitlements further feeds my dislike over Trump from a policy perspective.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:04:20 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RoosGirl

I can’t speak for NeverTrumpers but my dislike over Trump personally is fed by the lies, misleading statements, distractions, and petty squabbles that come directly out of his mouth and his twitter feed. Unfortunately, I just don’t think he can help himself.  As a result, I agree with you that this could go on for years, 3 more years in fact.  The fact that he apparently isn’t embracing fiscal conservative policies like no deficit spending, attacking the debt, and tackling entitlements further feds my dislike over Trump from a policy perspective.

Twitter?!  That's hearsay and supposition!  Have you ever SEEN him directly input his messages?  No, I thought not.

Offline edpc

Twitter?!  That's hearsay and supposition!  Have you ever SEEN him directly input his messages?  No, I thought not.

Hey, sometimes he doesn't even create them and has his dopey lawyer write drafts that make him sound like he obstructed justice.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

Hey, sometimes he doesn't even create them and has his dopey lawyer write drafts that make him sound like he obstructed justice.

LOL 

Offline anubias

The only “point” you’ve actually made is that you”ll give your money to the first silly gossip queen that tells you the fictions you want to hear. No different than buying The Enquirer, or paying an astrologer to tell you your future...you got suckered.  It’s your right to be suckered...but let’s just be clear about the fact that you got hoodwinked. You might as well sit around watching old Hillary Clinton speeches about integrity...or Anthony Weiner chats about sexual ethics. What in God’s name were you thinking?

I think it’s hilarious that fools are giving this man money who simply fed them what they wanted to hear.  Their need for validation to assuage their pride trumps their common sense.  The fact they are buying the book validates my own suspicions about these people. ;)

Wolfe doesn’t care that he’s being called out for printing BS.  He’s laughing all the way to the bank.  I can’t help but laugh myself.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I think it’s hilarious that fools are giving this man money who simply fed them what they wanted to hear.  Their need for validation to assuage their pride trumps their common sense.  The fact they are buying the book validates my own suspicions about these people. ;)

Wolfe doesn’t care that he’s being called out for printing BS.  He’s laughing all the way to the bank.  I can’t help but laugh myself.

" Their need for validation to assuage their pride trumps their common sense."

Their need for validation is insatiable.  They must prove every day that they were right about Trump.

This is exactly what I've been saying about the Never Trumpers.  They've taken a position and cannot bring themselves to admit they were wrong about anything.  So, they leap on this ridiculous book, make a liar rich, and curl up in bed with hate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mod1

Remember that this is a forum for political and social conversation, and not for gratuitous insulting of other members.  There are forums for that.  Please take that kind of discussion elsewhere.

Offline aligncare

" Their need for validation to assuage their pride trumps their common sense."

Their need for validation is insatiable.  They must prove every day that they were right about Trump.

This is exactly what I've been saying about the Never Trumpers.  They've taken a position and cannot bring themselves to admit they were wrong about anything.  So, they leap on this ridiculous book, make a liar rich, and curl up in bed with hate.

:thumbsup:

That’s how I see it.

However, NeverTrumpers would be justified in criticizing Trump if Trump’s first year were not such a success, if he had not kept his campaign promises or if he had wilted under the media’s intensely personal and biased attacks.

But, such is not the case. Trump continues fighting, moving on his conservative agenda items, eluding media traps and turning them to his advantage.

Nothing says success like winning. And Trump is winning despite taking the most intense incoming fire of any president, including Reagan, Bush I and Bush II.

Offline RoosGirl

There are forums specifically for insulting other members?  Why have I never heard of this before?   Anyone have the address??

Offline edpc

There are forums specifically for insulting other members?  Why have I never heard of this before?   Anyone have the address??

The gaming world, I suppose.  Sometimes, it even escalates to 'swatting.'

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Well, there's FR, but only if one  is interested in attacking the character of people not 100% for Trump.  There are other websites where the reverse it true.  Unfortunately, these are echo chambers, so if you make one step out of the orthodoxy, you're banned. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The gaming world, I suppose.  Sometimes, it even escalates to 'swatting.'

Which is obviously worse than insulting.  It usually involves the companion practice called "doxxing."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I can’t speak for NeverTrumpers but my dislike over Trump personally is fed by the lies, misleading statements, distractions, and petty squabbles that come directly out of his mouth and his twitter feed. Unfortunately, I just don’t think he can help himself.  As a result, I agree with you that this could go on for years, 3 more years in fact.  The fact that he apparently isn’t embracing fiscal conservative policies like no deficit spending, attacking the debt, and tackling entitlements further feeds my dislike over Trump from a policy perspective.

I will never see eye to eye with trumpers on trumps style but policy wise he has been good.

Unfortunately in this day and age it’s style over substance to most people and that will hamstring trump.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, there's FR, but only if one  is interested in attacking the character of people not 100% for Trump.  There are other websites where the reverse it true.  Unfortunately, these are echo chambers, so if you make one step out of the orthodoxy, you're banned. :shrug:

The comments section of Breitbart comes to mind.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Remember that this is a forum for political and social conversation, and not for gratuitous insulting of other members.  There are forums for that.  Please take that kind of discussion elsewhere.

This means nothing unless you cite the offensive posts.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Actually, TOS has calmed down totally.  People question Trump there and are not insulted or banned.  It is a bit of an echo chamber but it's also an okay place now with a LOT of stories posted.

I go there occasionally, usually to check out the Sunday Morning Talk Show Thread but I never post.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This means nothing unless you cite the offensive posts.

Good luck making demands of Moderators.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

Emjay made no demand. Simply a basic statement saying that generalizations are most likely to be ignored by those who are most in need of specific guidance. Mods will do whatever they want of course, but they could do worse than listen to Emjay’s sage advice.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Cyber Liberty

Good luck getting them to do anything but defend people like @Cripplecreek
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline goodwithagun

@Cyber Liberty

Good luck getting them to do anything but defend people like @Cripplecreek

I don’t want to hear any bellyaching from somebody who got an entire thread locked because he blatantly broke the religious posting rules. That could have been a great thread.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don’t want to hear any bellyaching from somebody who got an entire thread locked because he blatantly broke the religious posting rules. That could have been a great thread.

Which thread?  I musta missed that one...
I will NOT comply.

Offline goodwithagun

Which thread?  I musta missed that one...

It was brief. It was about the pope, though. Lots of room for a great discussion.
I stand with Roosgirl.