Author Topic: 'Meat Tax' Proposal Highlights Why People Can't Stand Vegans  (Read 514 times)

rangerrebew

'Meat Tax' Proposal Highlights Why People Can't Stand Vegans
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:02:39 pm »

'Meat Tax' Proposal Highlights Why People Can't Stand Vegans
By Tom Knighton December 29, 2017

I remember when a couple friends of mine mentioned they didn't eat meat. I had made a suggestion for a dish to try as we checked out the menu, and they simply responded with their dietary choices. That was the entirety of that particular exchange. After all, what do I care what they eat as long as it's not people?

However, it seems my friends are unusual in that regard. I keep hearing of vegans and vegetarians who simply can't handle the idea that someone else makes different choices.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/meat-tax-proposal-highlights-people-cant-stand-vegans/

Offline goatprairie

Re: 'Meat Tax' Proposal Highlights Why People Can't Stand Vegans
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 07:05:43 pm »
I personally don't care if people want to be vegan, vegetarians, or eat rocks.
But what enrages me is the idea of vegans that their diet is somehow more "moral" and "natural" than an omnivore diet.
Humans have evolved over umpteen millennia as omnivores. We have incisors for a reason. To rip and tear animal flesh.
So when vegans/vegetarians claim they have a natural diet, they are being unscientific.  Humans have obviously adapted to eating plants and vegetables.  Ditto for many other mammals.
Humans need meat to get the right vitamins. Otherwise, we need to take a B-12 vitamin supplement.  There were no vitamin stores with pills for hundreds of thousands of years of human existence.
 Are the vegans going to ask bears and many other critters to stop eating meat? Vegans would probably be among the first people to claim we're no different from other mammals.  Then why should we not be able to eat meat while they do?
Another thing that enrages me is the fact that idiot vegans in California are trying put dogs at animal shelters on non-meat diets. Those people should be arrested and given a huge fine or jail sentence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:25:24 pm »
FTA:

Could taxation of meat products be a way to mitigate these global challenges? The pathway to taxation typically starts when there is global consensus that an activity or product harms society. This leads to an assessment of their financial costs to the public, which in turn results in support for some form of additional taxation. Taxes on tobacco, carbon and sugar have followed this playbook.

How odd.  Are they saying people will change their behavior based on the taxes?  Where was this realization when they were deciding how much to tax incomes?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 09:42:43 pm »
A vegan and an atheist walked into the bar I was in the other night.
A friend of mine asked me later,"How did you know they were a vegan and an atheist?"
I said,"They told us all within 30 seconds of walking in".