Author Topic: Trump poised to take action on Medicaid work requirements  (Read 408 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump poised to take action on Medicaid work requirements
« on: January 05, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »
Trump poised to take action on Medicaid work requirements
By Peter Sullivan - 01/05/18 05:54 AM EST

The Trump administration is preparing to release guidelines soon for requiring Medicaid recipients to work, according to sources familiar with the plans, a major shift in the 50-year-old program.

The guidelines will set the conditions for allowing states to add work requirements to their Medicaid programs for the first time, putting a conservative twist on the health insurance program for the poor.

Democrats are gearing up for a fight, likely including lawsuits, arguing the administration is trying to undermine ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion on its own after Congress failed to repeal the health law.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/367514-trump-poised-to-take-action-on-medicaid-work-requirements
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump poised to take action on Medicaid work requirements
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:07:30 pm »
 Window dressing

They need the first reel back a lot of these new Medicaid sign-ups except for the most needy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:20:41 pm »
Whether they're working or not, many doctors don't even want to accept patients on Medicaid due to the low reimbursement and paperwork headaches.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:21:04 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 05:53:07 pm »
Medicaid was intended for people who can't work (children, handicapped) but Obama extended it to the freeloading class.
If you are working and on Medicaid, you are sitting on a time bomb and the government is holding the match.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 06:03:59 pm »
Medicaid was intended for people who can't work (children, handicapped) but Obama extended it to the freeloading class.
If you are working and on Medicaid, you are sitting on a time bomb and the government is holding the match.

Obama was the Black LBJ. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 06:24:00 pm »

Many of the states signed up new Medicare recipients in order to get federal money under Obamacare.

At some point the federal government is going to require the states to cover more of it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 06:33:21 pm »
I think the Trump administration is trying to cut back on the whole Medicaid program which has been abused from the start.

Doing this work requirement thing is just the first step.

Obama was compassionate as long as we paid.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.