Author Topic: Michael Wolff rejects Trump claim: 'I absolutely spoke to the president'  (Read 2246 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael Wolff rejects Trump claim: 'I absolutely spoke to the president'
by Anna Giaritelli | Jan 5, 2018, 8:37 AM

Author Michael Wolff insisted Friday that he interviewed President Trump for three hours during the campaign and while he was president in preparation for his newly released book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.

"I absolutely spoke to the president. Whether he realized it was an interview or not, I don't know. But it certainly wasn't off the record," Wolff said on NBC Friday morning as his book was being released.

"I spoke to him after the inauguration, yes. And I had spoken to — I've spent three hours with the president over the course of the campaign and at the White House so my window into Donald Trump is pretty significant," he added. "I spoke to people who spoke to the president on a daily, sometimes minute by minute, basis."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/michael-wolff-rejects-trump-claim-i-absolutely-spoke-to-the-president/article/2645072
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Michael Wolff rejects Trump claim: 'I absolutely spoke to the president'
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:55:39 pm »
First thing I tell every soldier I prep for an interview...whether it's a Private or a Four Star General...NOTHING is ever off the record with a reporter and always assume anything you say could a probably will end up in their story.

Someone failed to brief the President on that fact.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 02:58:22 pm »
First thing I tell every soldier I prep for an interview...whether it's a Private or a Four Star General...NOTHING is ever off the record with a reporter and always assume anything you say could a probably will end up in their story.

Yep. There is no such thing as off the record. As soon as your mouth opens, it can be used. It is simply a matter of trust. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 03:01:27 pm »

Wouldn't matter if they did.  He admittedly loves seeing his name in the news and his favorite subject is himself.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:19:57 pm »
I've spent three hours with the president over the course of the campaign and at the White House

Three hours with the candidate over the course of two years ... talking about the campaign.  This would be relevant if Wolff had written a book about Trump on the campaign trail rather than the Trump White House.

The President has said he had a brief phone conversation with Wolff at the WH, but not about the book.

Hopefully Wolff's book will miraculously land on the NYT best seller's list and stay at number one for six months, and the 300 people who actually read the book enjoy it.   And then it goes to the dustbin of fabrication and gossip where it belongs --- right on top of  "What Happened".   ^-^

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 03:24:49 pm »
Three whole hours?   Damn son, I've had longer morning constitutions than that.  And a damn sight more interesting than the crap you wrote.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 03:30:54 pm »
Three hours with the candidate over the course of two years ... talking about the campaign.  This would be relevant if Wolff had written a book about Trump on the campaign trail rather than the Trump White House.

The President has said he had a brief phone conversation with Wolff at the WH, but not about the book.

Hopefully Wolff's book will miraculously land on the NYT best seller's list and stay at number one for six months, and the 300 people who actually read the book enjoy it.   And then it goes to the dustbin of fabrication and gossip where it belongs --- right on top of  "What Happened".   ^-^

Considering most reporters...if they do get access to the president at all...are limited to 10-15 minute blocks and it's all very controlled...3 hours of interview time is an eternity in the journalism world.  Especially when it's tied in with the times he spoke with him after the inauguration which it's not specific how long that chat was.  You can write one hell of a article and even a book with that much access to one person.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 04:00:14 pm »
Considering most reporters...if they do get access to the president at all...are limited to 10-15 minute blocks and it's all very controlled...3 hours of interview time is an eternity in the journalism world.  Especially when it's tied in with the times he spoke with him after the inauguration which it's not specific how long that chat was.  You can write one hell of a article and even a book with that much access to one person.

You can imagine the content from Donald.  It’s could be called The Definitive Book Of Superlatives.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 04:03:28 pm »

You can imagine the content from Donald.  It’s could be called The Definitive Book Of Superlatives.

Yup and if what Wolff says is true...he's got the tape back up to verify what he's saying is verbatim from these people's mouths.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 04:06:39 pm »
Yup and if what Wolff says is true...he's got the tape back up to verify what he's saying is verbatim from these people's mouths.

@txradioguy
Perhaps, but do we really want this stuff coming out of the White House under ANY President?   Regardless you're taking the word of a guy who is a proven liar, that being Wolff.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 04:08:39 pm »

Wolff should re-tweet this gem....

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:09:00 pm by edpc »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 04:09:28 pm »
@txradioguy
Perhaps, but do we really want this stuff coming out of the White House under ANY President?   Regardless you're taking the word of a guy who is a proven liar, that being Wolff.

No I don't want to hear about this any more than I wanted to know the previous CINC spent most of his time on a ratty couch watching ESPN and had to be almost forcibly drug to meetings and things he had to do.

I must have missed the memo or the meme going around that Wolff is a liar.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 04:12:15 pm »
From what little I hear, some of Wolff's quotes are second-hand. One person quoted said she does not speak to Wolff ever and he verified that.

Fake News comes in book form now
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 04:13:23 pm »
No I don't want to hear about this any more than I wanted to know the previous CINC spent most of his time on a ratty couch watching ESPN and had to be almost forcibly drug to meetings and things he had to do.

I must have missed the memo or the meme going around that Wolff is a liar.

@txradioguy
You don't get into the White House except as part of a tour without signing NDAs, probably more than one.   Nearly everything that happens there is considered classified including when the President goes to the bathroom.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 04:14:26 pm »
From what little I hear, some of Wolff's quotes are second-hand. One person quoted said she does not speak to Wolff ever and he verified that.

Fake News comes in book form now

@Restored
Maybe Wolff should publish it as a comic book, he's reach more of his demographic that way.

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 04:17:37 pm »
Regardless you're taking the word of a guy who is a proven liar, that being Wolff.

Unlike Trump, who is a source of truth, right? 

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 04:21:00 pm »

Actors have a hazy view of the truth. It's in their nature to exchange truth for showmanship. That's why I don't trust Trump but he doesn't upset me because I expect a certain amount of kayfabe from him.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 04:26:45 pm »
I've read a few articles on things the story tells us that we did not previously know as the book being an expose. If the unhidden secrets are things like having a cheeseburger in bed at 6:30 PM are the big tell-alls, they don't have much.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 04:28:38 pm »

Which is why I clarified who I was referencing, since this thread is about this fiction book he's trying to sell.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 04:31:42 pm »

Wolff is already back peddling away from his own book. The wheels are falling off it so fast that the publisher rushed it out the today instead of building a media frenzy. Next week this time the book will be forgotten.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 04:35:25 pm »

We can point to Wolff’s lies. Can you give us an example of one lie Trump told to Americans. And not just some campaign rhetoric puffing themselves up, every candidate does that—even the sainted Ted Cruz.

I’m talking about (figuratively) looking the voter in the eye and telling them a deliberate falsehood?

One example would be nice; provide more if you’re up to it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 04:36:27 pm »
@txradioguy
You don't get into the White House except as part of a tour without signing NDAs, probably more than one.   Nearly everything that happens there is considered classified including when the President goes to the bathroom.

There is no such thing as an NDA for government employees.  This has been discussed elsewhere.  It runs afoul of Federal whitsleblower protection acts and such.

Besides if that were true then Bob Woodward a a couple of others would have been tossed in jail or taken to court for NDA violations over the books they wrote about a particular President or Presidents.

And if everything the President does were actually that classified...they wouldn't post his daily schedule on an insecure website or send it out to the media or talk about it in the daily press briefings.

Offline edpc

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 04:37:33 pm »
Which is why I clarified who I was referencing, since this thread is about this fiction book he's trying to sell.

Except when President Canard is accusing a prevaricator of lying, you end up in the Sea of Falsehood.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 04:38:39 pm »
Except when President Canard is accusing a prevaricator of lying, you end up in the Sea of Falsehood.

@edpc
Really?   Then it shouldn't be hard for you to point out a lie he's told since becoming President.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 04:42:24 pm »
There is no such thing as an NDA for government employees.  This has been discussed elsewhere.  It runs afoul of Federal whitsleblower protection acts and such.

Besides if that were true then Bob Woodward a a couple of others would have been tossed in jail or taken to court for NDA violations over the books they wrote about a particular President or Presidents.

And if everything the President does were actually that classified...they wouldn't post his daily schedule on an insecure website or send it out to the media or talk about it in the daily press briefings.

@txradioguy
BZZZT wrong I've signed plenty of them.   I have copies of ones I've singed with OPM, DOD, TSA, DHS, DOS, FBI, NRC, IRS plus some state ones.      There are a myriad of laws which prevent people from talking about what goes on in their govt workplace.  Most of it is classified but nearly everything is FOUO (For Official Use Only) and ANY unauthorized release is a crime.

Anyone with a security clearance has signed them.   Everyone who has access to a govt system is required to undergo the training.

So you may have discussed it but you are wrong.  Whistleblower protection does not protect the willy nilly release of govt information.