Author Topic: Going Underground: The U.S. Government’s Hunt for Enemy Tunnels  (Read 868 times)

rangerrebew

Going Underground: The U.S. Government’s Hunt for Enemy Tunnels
1/2/2018
By Jon Harper

In April of last year, the U.S. military dropped the most powerful non-nuclear bomb ever used in combat on a tunnel complex in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province. The airstrike targeted the Islamic State’s Khorasan branch. The use of the GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast weapon, the so-called “Mother of All Bombs,” highlighted the growing threat posed by adversaries’ underground structures.

Gen. John Nicholson, commander of U.S. Forces-Afghanistan, cited the challenge of dealing with subterranean targets to justify the use of the bomb, also known as the MOAB.

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2018/1/2/going-underground-the-us-governments-hunt-for-enemy-tunnels

Offline DEFENSEMAN

• DEFENSEMAN
  • 636-221-8500
Re: Going Underground: The U.S. Government’s Hunt for Enemy Tunnels
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:13:35 am »
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS GUYS IS INSTEAD OF BLOWING THEM UP SAVE OUR MONEY FOR BETTER THINGS AND USE GODS ANIMALS TO DO THE UNDERGROUND WORK WHEN A SASPECTED TUNNEL IS OCCUPIED SEND ABOUT 500 POISON SCORPIANS DOWN THERE ALONG WITH A FEW DEADLY SNAKES AND SO FOURTH
HI EVERYONE NICE TO MEET U ALL WELCOME TO THE TRUMPBRAINTRAIN.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 06:33:15 pm »
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS GUYS IS INSTEAD OF BLOWING THEM UP SAVE OUR MONEY FOR BETTER THINGS AND USE GODS ANIMALS TO DO THE UNDERGROUND WORK WHEN A SASPECTED TUNNEL IS OCCUPIED SEND ABOUT 500 POISON SCORPIANS DOWN THERE ALONG WITH A FEW DEADLY SNAKES AND SO FOURTH

On the left side of your keyboard, just above the shift key, is the Caps Lock key.

Press it.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 06:39:04 pm »
On the left side of your keyboard, just above the shift key, is the Caps Lock key.

Press it.

Better call him on the phone.  Looks like he logged off.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 03:09:36 am »
Better call him on the phone.  Looks like he logged off.
Maybe he just went looking for a dictionary? :whistle:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:29:56 am »

The "b" in NBC is "biological".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn