Author Topic: Cory Gardner Threatens Jeff Sessions over Tougher Marijuana Policy  (Read 413 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) is threatening to block future nominees for Department of Justice positions in response to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ planned announcement Thursday of a new, potentially tougher tougher policy on marijuana.

Sessions plans to rescind a 2013 memo, issued under the Obama administration, that indicated that the Justice Department would refrain from enforcing federal drug laws in states that had legalized marijuana. Instead, the department will now leave enforcement and prosecution decisions up to individual U.S. Attorneys in each state.

Read more at: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/04/cory-gardner-threatens-jeff-sessions-tougher-marijuana-policy/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Cory Gardner Threatens Jeff Sessions over Tougher Marijuana Policy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 06:37:09 pm »
Good for Gardner. If some state wants to legalize heroin, that their business. The Feds are in enough shit as it is.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:05:21 pm »

Instead, the department will now leave enforcement and prosecution decisions up to individual U.S. Attorneys in each state.

So, basically, this amounts to another Sessions recusal.  This is not a pressing issue for me, but I'm just wondering - does he plan on doing anything as AG?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 07:08:37 pm »
So, basically, this amounts to another Sessions recusal.  This is not a pressing issue for me, but I'm just wondering - does he plan on doing anything as AG?

I'm on board with the fact that if it's law it should be enforced, fairly and equally.

That said, you are right, this isn't a top priority issue. With everything going on, him making this a priority makes him look silly.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 07:12:55 pm »

With everything going on, him making this a priority makes him look silly.

Yes, but my point is he seems to look for reasons to pass the buck to someone else, whether it's this or special counsel investigations.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.