Author Topic: NH oil companies flooded with customer calls  (Read 462 times)

Offline thackney

NH oil companies flooded with customer calls
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:16:51 pm »
NH oil companies flooded with customer calls
http://www.wcax.com/content/news/NH-oil-companies-inundated-with-customer-calls-467895033.html
 Jan 03, 2018

...Oil companies have been inundated with calls from homeowners seeking to have their oil tanks filled. At Halle Oil, in Manchester, New Hampshire, managers said drivers haven't had a day off in weeks. Halle has an answering service that absorbs the overflow calls, but at Rymes Propane and Oil in Concord, customers started to get scared....

..."One of the first things that we did was make sure we could loosen regulations to make sure we could keep drivers on the road to make sure that citizens have the availability for oil, heating oil," said Gov. Chris Sununu, R-New Hampshire.

Rymes says one driver worked for 22 hours last week making deliveries. They also say there is something you can do if your oil tank runs dry.

"You can always go to a gas station, make sure the gas can is empty, put diesel or kerosene in and put it in your tank and that will get you through till someone can come deliver to you."

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

Re: NH oil companies flooded with customer calls
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:36:37 pm »
And New England is slated to get a doozy of a snowstorm in a day or 2. Even if you wanted to go to a gas station to fill up, a gas can, as the article suggests, you might not be able go in that weather. 

Where I live, we have natural  gas.  My bill is on a budget -- $89 every month, except in July when I have to make up any excess. I figure next July, I'm going to owe big time.  The furnace has been on non-stop for about 6 weeks and the last couple of weeks, it was so cold,  I had to turn up the thermostat.  Unlike the enviro-weenies, I refuse to be cold to save the planet.

This winter has been and is continuing to be a monster.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: NH oil companies flooded with customer calls
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:40:47 pm »
Liberals are like spring grasshoppers strutting and swaggering around about alternative energy, till those times of year when the weather hits the extremes and they scream like banshees for fossil fueled relief.
The Republic is lost.