Author Topic: Sessions will end policy that allowed legalized marijuana to prosper  (Read 3757 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: US to end lenient policy that let legal pot flourish
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 11:32:53 pm »
Sessions is easily the worst AG the country has ever had. He has this pot fetish that overrides serious corruption in the govt', election irregularities and other real law and order issues that matter.

He’s not even enforcing it, just handing the responsibility over to someone else.  The last time he did that, we ended up with the special counsel mess.  Now, he leaves it up to others to create more potential messes while he absolves himself.  What a do-nothing clown.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Sessions will end policy that allowed legalized marijuana to prosper
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 12:20:18 am »
You are incredibly wrong. I lived with two people who were addicted to marijuana. They stay stoned all day until they went to bed. My BIL is the same way now. If he is awake, he is high.

I don't go by the "I know people who" theories.  I know many people who use pot for pain but are not addicted.  I know others who have used it occasionally but are not addicted.

Choose better friends.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 12:23:31 am »
I don't go by the "I know people who" theories.  I know many people who use pot for pain but are not addicted.  I know others who have used it occasionally but are not addicted.

Re-read this and find the contradiction.  I promise it’s not difficult.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 12:27:33 am »
You are incredibly wrong. I lived with two people who were addicted to marijuana. They stay stoned all day until they went to bed. My BIL is the same way now. If he is awake, he is high.

Addicted? No one goes through the DT's or gets sent to the ER for cold turkeying pot. They do for booze, pills and the needle.
Sounds to me like you are mistaking lazy losers for addicts. Big difference.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 12:29:24 am »
I understand Sessions merely handed the control to the local prosecutors.

It would make sense this is targeting the black market growers, and not the government sanctioned pot depots.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: US to end lenient policy that let legal pot flourish
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 12:35:56 am »
Sessions is easily the worst AG the country has ever had. He has this pot fetish that overrides serious corruption in the govt', election irregularities and other real law and order issues that matter.

Don't tell Frank, but I heartily agree with him on this one.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 12:37:20 am »
I understand Sessions merely handed the control to the local prosecutors.

It would make sense this is targeting the black market growers, and not the government sanctioned pot depots.

OK if "government" sanctions it... controls it.

Better to totally decriminalize pot. Let anyone grow it, sell it, barter it. Like the tomatoes I grow in my garden... usually I give many/most away. There is no reason for pot to cost $500.00 an ounce.

Personally, I quit token it over a decade ago. But it is a personal choice, with little social harm.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 12:38:38 am »
It would make sense this is targeting the black market growers regular citizens, and not the government sanctioned pot depots the corps that paid off congress critters for thier special "permits".

Fixed it for you @DCPatriot
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 12:40:05 am »
That is Bullshit.  If she is in Cali she can leach off the state for calimed.

Right, sounds like BS to me too.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 12:41:39 am »
OK if "government" sanctions it... controls it.

Better to totally decriminalize pot. Let anyone grow it, sell it, barter it. Like the tomatoes I grow in my garden... usually I give many/most away. There is no reason for pot to cost $500.00 an ounce.

Personally, I quit token it over a decade ago. But it is a personal choice, with little social harm.

I've never used drugs deemed illegal by Fed Gov, nor illegally used prescription drugs. I have no problem with the states deciding substance legality, as long as they eliminate any and all subsidies from those who choose to use those substances. Dying in a gutter should be an option.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 12:43:50 am »

I too know some of those, one runs a successful business. So do other stoners, guess it is like the three martini lunch huh.

Neither pot use or alcohol use is debilitating..... unless you let it be. Plenty of failures who do not use either.

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 12:45:59 am »
Re-read this and find the contradiction.  I promise it’s not difficult.

There is no contradiction.  He is pointing out by example that he has anecdotal evidence that goes the other way, meaning that the other posters reliance on anecdotal evidence was unreasonable.

Offline edpc

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 12:57:13 am »
There is no contradiction.  He is pointing out by example that he has anecdotal evidence that goes the other way, meaning that the other posters reliance on anecdotal evidence was unreasonable.

When you say you don't believe in 'I know' theories, then follow that up with two 'I knows' of your own, it's pretty damned silly.

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2018, 12:59:04 am »
When you say you don't believe in 'I know' theories, then follow that up with two 'I knows' of your own, it's pretty damned silly.

No, it isn’t, because it exemplifies the initial point he was making; namely, that “I know someone who” is generally not a good factual basis for supporting a broader conclusion. 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2018, 01:01:45 am »
I've never used drugs deemed illegal by Fed Gov, nor illegally used prescription drugs. I have no problem with the states deciding substance legality, as long as they eliminate any and all subsidies from those who choose to use those substances. Dying in a gutter should be an option.

Heh, I know many successful people who use pot, and drink. Millionaires. Two of my brothers(chosen, not birth), I have had to talk to The Blue Uniforms for their security clearances. I asked both my brothers what they wanted me too say when asked about drug use. One said tell them the truth, the other asked me to lie. I did both. All that Blue found out is I would lie for a brother.

Now the last one in that pair got his clearance. Became an employee of Martin Marietta as a mathematician, masters degree.... now retired. The other got his clearance too, Texas Instruments.. heh, was the best man at his wedding. Saw the DOD flyers with his goofy face as the memory module designer for satellites, also worked in early nano machine tech.  Took a spinoff from TI and made his own business years/decade ago. He and I used to go out to my families business lot after he got off work at two in the mornin'.. he was pin setter at the local bowling alley. We would smoke a big jay and listen to Pink Floyd The Wall... in toto.

Fun time, no gutter ball with any of us.

A Simple Bricklayer.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 01:14:27 am »
No, it isn’t, because it exemplifies the initial point he was making; namely, that “I know someone who” is generally not a good factual basis for supporting a broader conclusion.

Seems an awful lot like when I was in 4th grade and the teacher told us we cannot start a sentence with 'because.'  When I asked why, she said, 'Because it's not grammatically correct.'

Offline Fantom

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2018, 01:20:05 am »
Seems an awful lot like when I was in 4th grade and the teacher told us we cannot start a sentence with 'because.'  When I asked why, she said, 'Because it's not grammatically correct.'

Snicker

Frederick Douglass

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 01:40:30 am »
Heh, I know many successful people who use pot, and drink. Millionaires. Two of my brothers(chosen, not birth), I have had to talk to The Blue Uniforms for their security clearances. I asked both my brothers what they wanted me too say when asked about drug use. One said tell them the truth, the other asked me to lie. I did both. All that Blue found out is I would lie for a brother.

Now the last one in that pair got his clearance. Became an employee of Martin Marietta as a mathematician, masters degree.... now retired. The other got his clearance too, Texas Instruments.. heh, was the best man at his wedding. Saw the DOD flyers with his goofy face as the memory module designer for satellites, also worked in early nano machine tech.  Took a spinoff from TI and made his own business years/decade ago. He and I used to go out to my families business lot after he got off work at two in the mornin'.. he was pin setter at the local bowling alley. We would smoke a big jay and listen to Pink Floyd The Wall... in toto.

Fun time, no gutter ball with any of us.

A Simple Bricklayer.

My apologies! My dying in the gutter comment was based on those who, nowadays, od in the Walmart bathroom. My husband has to revive them constantly and it’s always the Walmart bathroom or the Walmart parking lot with kids in the backseat of the car. The opioid “crisis” is a touchy topic for me. For those who choose to fire it up, take a toke for me. You are not one of those to whom I was referring.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2018, 01:48:26 am »
   One of my best pot stories @Fanthom

Hired on as a Bricklayers helper after I dropped out of High Screwl in 71.  On the job site building million dollar homes north of Houston I take my empty wheel barrow out to the brick pile for the 15th time that day, whip out a doobie and take a few hits, then I hear something ricocheting off that pile of bricks I was hiding behind and unlike 'The Jerk' I was too stoned to think someone really hated those bricks.   One of those bastards was taking pot shorts with his .22~at me! 
   I'll always respect the audacity of Brick Layers!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2018, 01:57:19 am »
My apologies! My dying in the gutter comment was based on those who, nowadays, od in the Walmart bathroom. My husband has to revive them constantly and it’s always the Walmart bathroom or the Walmart parking lot with kids in the backseat of the car. The opioid “crisis” is a touchy topic for me. For those who choose to fire it up, take a toke for me. You are not one of those to whom I was referring.

No problem @goodwithagun , the world certainly has its many miseries.

However conflating opioids ( yes, long ago I  smoked the fresh stuff off the bulb), chasing the Dragon... very addictive I can see how.  However, I would not conflate opioids with cannabis.

Legal/not legal...Meh :shrug:  depends on whether one is an Authoritarian conservative or  Freeman Conservative. Pay the Tea tax... or cast into the Bay.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2018, 02:12:15 am »
   One of my best pot stories @Fanthom

Hired on as a Bricklayers helper after I dropped out of High Screwl in 71.  On the job site building million dollar homes north of Houston I take my empty wheel barrow out to the brick pile for the 15th time that day, whip out a doobie and take a few hits, then I hear something ricocheting off that pile of bricks I was hiding behind and unlike 'The Jerk' I was too stoned to think someone really hated those bricks.   One of those bastards was taking pot shorts with his .22~at me! 
   I'll always respect the audacity of Brick Layers!

Dummy... you were s'posed to share.

Here are a couple stories. One of my customers .. a local builder as well. Fired up a jay while I was working his house. The next day he said "never again". I swear I worked long and hard but only did a tenth of what I usually did.... in my defense..it was perfect.  :smokin:

Second story is another customer, now friend. Multi millionaire with international company he owns. I go out to his house a few times a year, he comes to my mudbug boils. Any rate, he and his wife are smoking the stuff from CO now, they offer , I refuse. I quit a decade ago.

We still party together... however the dastard got me hooked on Russian caviar and Ararat Brandy... and on a Bricklayer budget.......

Frederick Douglass

Offline corbe

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2018, 02:19:16 am »
    There is only One Product from Colorado that works well in my Texas Home and it ain't their Women.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2018, 07:22:27 am »
"Police said the couple blamed their Pot Addiction for the string of 23 Armed Convenience Store Robberies they were arrested for last Friday."

How many times have any of us Seen this headline?

If stoners are stick up artists too it goes deeper than toking a joint, even all day.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Silver Pines

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2018, 11:52:06 am »
Right, sounds like BS to me too.

@Fantom

Go lay some simple bricks and then sit down.

rangerrebew

Jeff Sessions Is Set to Give Prosecutors Free Rein to Enforce Federal Marijuana Ban
Sources say he’s rescinding a memo that restricted Justice Department’s role under Obama administration.

Scott Shackford|Jan. 4, 2018 11:00 am

Jeff SessionsKEVIN DIETSCH/UPI/NewscomAttorney General Jeff Sessions is planning to free federal prosecutors to decide for themselves how and whether to go after marijuana providers and users in states where consumption is legal.

The Associated Press is reporting this change in advance a formal announcement that's supposed to come later today. Sessions' decision would rescind guidance under the previous administration to limit enforcement of federal marijuana laws in states where consumption is legal to certain situations to keep it from being trafficked to other states and out of the hands of children and keeping the proceeds out of the hands of gangs.

http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/04/jeff-sessions-is-set-to-give-prosecutors