Author Topic: Trump Attorney Sends Bannon Cease And Desist Letter Over 'Disparaging' Comments  (Read 4236 times)

Silver Pines

I am aware of how this is being handled over at Trumpbart but my question to you in all sincerity @Right_in_Virginia is how is FR taking this sad turn of events?*

*I am somewhat interested in your interpretation of events over there, can you help me out or is this considered 'stirring the pot' as opposed to smoking the $hit?

@corbe

I’m sure you’ll get a response to your question, but in the meantime I’m going to jump in and relate what I saw.  There were three main takes:

1–FAKE NEWS

2–Shock that “adored” (yes, really) Bannon could ever do such a thing.

3–It’s sixty-five dimensional chess, a grand collusion between Trump and Bannon.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@corbe

I’m sure you’ll get a response to your question, but in the meantime I’m going to jump in and relate what I saw.  There were three main takes:

1–FAKE NEWS

2–Shock that “adored” (yes, really) Bannon could ever do such a thing.

3–It’s sixty-five dimensional chess, a grand collusion between Trump and Bannon.

Have you noticed that in all the blustering from the WH over what Bannon said...you haven't heard one single denial?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Have you noticed that in all the blustering from the WH over what Bannon said...you haven't heard one single denial?

I have.  Trump said it was a lie he didn't "want to win."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

:laugh:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Anyone who believes there was campaign collusion with Russia would have to say it’s a lie as well.  They couldn’t have it both ways.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:17:40 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

Just like that, the duel over who has the bigger button is pushed out of the news cycle.
So far the second season of Trump is almost as good as Stranger Things.
@CatherineofAragon

Every day Trump sets off a new bomb of craziness, and sometimes it's two bombs a day. There is now a call for a neuro-psychatric evaluation along with his psyical exam in a few days.

I found it laughable Trump's lawyers are trying to shut down the publication of the book.  So, the publishers pushed it up and are releasing it tomorrow.  Trump calls everyone names but no on can get by with calling him a name.  He wants you in jail if you do anything other than praise him.  He has tried to shut down any TV station that speaks against him, tried to shut down any newspaper that speaks against him, and now trying to stop a book publishing.   He is likely to crack as he cannot rule the world by himself and have every soul on earth praise his name.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@CatherineofAragon

Every day Trump sets off a new bomb of craziness, and sometimes it's two bombs a day. There is now a call for a neuro-psychatric evaluation along with his psyical exam in a few days.

I found it laughable Trump's lawyers are trying to shut down the publication of the book.  So, the publishers pushed it up and are releasing it tomorrow.  Trump calls everyone names but no on can get by with calling him a name.  He wants you in jail if you do anything other than praise him.  He has tried to shut down any TV station that speaks against him, tried to shut down any newspaper that speaks against him, and now trying to stop a book publishing.   He is likely to crack as he cannot rule the world by himself and have every soul on earth praise his name.

I think the thing about stopping publication of a book is laughable too.  He can't seriously think that's going to happen.  He may be crazy, but he isn't stupid.

Speaking of cray-cray, about the psych examination thing...I dunno.  Is he actually doing one, or are there just "calls" for it?  Should he?  I was reading a  thread here today about some Yale professor (who never examined Trump as a patient) is lecturing Democrat Congresscritters about Trump's mental fitness.  Is that ethical?   Is it a violation of the Goldwater ethics rule? Do Democrats intend to use that as grounds for Impeachment if they win the House in November?

I can't count the landmines around the place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

@CatherineofAragonI found it laughable Trump's lawyers are trying to shut down the publication of the book.

It has all the credibility and carries all the weight of an election challenge from you know who.

Offline Victoria33

I think the thing about stopping publication of a book is laughable too.  He can't seriously think that's going to happen.  He may be crazy, but he isn't stupid.  Speaking of cray-cray, about the psych examination thing...I dunno.  Is he actually doing one, or are there just "calls" for it?  Should he?  I was reading a  thread here today about some Yale professor (who never examined Trump as a patient) is lecturing Democrat Congresscritters about Trump's mental fitness.  Is that ethical?   Is it a violation of the Goldwater ethics rule? Do Democrats intend to use that as grounds for Impeachment if they win the House in November?  I can't count the landmines around the place.
@Cyber Liberty

It is a physical exam every year for a president.  Don't think he would ever submit to psychological testing and evaluation.  If there was an evaluation and he was found to have a mental condition that prevents him fulfulling the duties of president, it would be VP Pence and the cabinet voting him not fit for the job, and he would be removed.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:32:16 am by Victoria33 »

Offline roamer_1

One of the more irritating things from the campaign was people saying "Trump's a businessman and government needs to run like a business".

The fact is that business exists to make money and grow which are the last things we want government to do. Government should strive to remain small and frugal.

Unfortunately Trump sees small and frugal as something for losers.

That is very well said.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

It is a physical exam every year for a president.  Don't think he would ever submiot to psychological testing and evaluation.  If there was an evaluation and he was found to have a mental condition that prevents him fulfulling the duties of president, it would be VP Pence and the cabinet voting him not fit for the job, and he would be removed.

Which is why he should refuse to do so.  It would be stupid, and as I said, he may be crazy but he's not stupid.  And you know I'm not a "friend of Trump."
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

@txradioguy

You know, I hadn’t noticed it, but you’re right.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Trump threatens to sue everybody and fails to carry through with most.

He is not a mentally stable man. Once you stop thinking of him as normal it is easy to see why he does these things and in fact you'll be able to predict his reactions to things. I don't think he is insane but he is not stable and has some problems that seem to have never been addressed. They are serious enough IMO to make him unsuitable and perhaps even dangerous as POTUS.

There will be a fly in Trump's ointment. The author recorded his interviews. Trump likes to throw around empty threats about suing this one and suing that one yet nothing ever comes from it. It's all adolescent bluster.

His hissy fit about the book only makes people want to read it more. I want to read it now too. So far, I haven't heard of any state secrets being revealed. Only people giving their opinion on Trump and he doesn't like what they have to say. He cannot tolerate any criticism. He is very thin skinned and insecure. He is also very childlike. He demands loyalty from people but doesn't show them any loyalty. What does he think is going to happen when  he uses people like that and throws them under the bus? He seems to hire some very unstable people as well. It's a recipe for disaster.

When you hire people like Bannon, Scaramucci and Omarosa chaos will follow.

I think the thing about stopping publication of a book is laughable too.  He can't seriously think that's going to happen.  He may be crazy, but he isn't stupid.

Speaking of cray-cray, about the psych examination thing...I dunno.  Is he actually doing one, or are there just "calls" for it?  Should he?  I was reading a  thread here today about some Yale professor (who never examined Trump as a patient) is lecturing Democrat Congresscritters about Trump's mental fitness.  Is that ethical?   Is it a violation of the Goldwater ethics rule? Do Democrats intend to use that as grounds for Impeachment if they win the House in November?

I can't count the landmines around the place.

I don't think you need to be a psych professor to realize that there are mental issues with Trump. It's like when you see a naked person running down the street in subzero weather. You know something is off and it's more than their pants. I don't think it is ethical for a medical or mental professor to be doing TV show diagnosis of anyone like that.

The bottom line is that do we really want someone like Trump as POTUS when anyone can see he has some serious issues just because he has an "R" after his name? I'd like to see every darn person in Congress undergo a psych exam and a lie detector test. That's just me. But considering some of the POTUS we've had (Clinton, Obama, Trump) a psych exam seems like a good idea.

Offline goodwithagun

Only the best people.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, @ConservativeGranny I may be an outlier here, but I have never considered any President sane, ever.  You have to have a whole satchel of loose screws with matching nuts to want that job.  Oh, maybe one or two were (Garfield maybe?  Harrison?  Nobody had a chance to find out.  I dunno), but as a rule they're all nutz in my book.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:12:59 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

Well, @ConservativeGranny I may be an outlier here, but I have never considered any President sane, ever.  You have to have a whole satchel of loose screws with matching nuts to want that job.  Oh, maybe one or two were (Garfield maybe?  Harrison?  Nobody had a chance to find out.  I dunno), but as a rule they're all nutz in my book.

Perhaps Washington.  He didn't want the position, accepted it reluctantly, and stepped down even though there were no term limits.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Perhaps Washington.  He didn't want the position, accepted it reluctantly, and stepped down even though there were no term limits.

All true. He got to choose his title, and he turned down "Excellency" and similar others in favor of just "President."
I will NOT comply.

@Cyber Liberty

LOL! I think you have a good point there.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Cyber Liberty @verga

Isn't it glorious.

The wall of No Trespassing signs are gone. I assume the county removed them because they were on the right of way.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Cyber Liberty @verga

Isn't it glorious.

The wall of No Trespassing signs are gone. I assume the county removed them because they were on the right of way.

I expect it looks better because of the snow cover.

Offline Cripplecreek

I expect it looks better because of the snow cover.

Yeah. He's got boards with nails laid out around it too. There was a 30 year old Freightliner there as well but I assume that eventually went for scrap.

I don't go that way a lot so I don't see it but I don't blame the owners of the two houses that share that corner for complaining. In fact one of the houses is up for sale and the obnoxious neighbor who intentionally places trash in his front yard isn't great for selling the house.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah. He's got boards with nails laid out around it too. There was a 30 year old Freightliner there as well but I assume that eventually went for scrap.

I don't go that way a lot so I don't see it but I don't blame the owners of the two houses that share that corner for complaining. In fact one of the houses is up for sale and the obnoxious neighbor who intentionally places trash in his front yard isn't great for selling the house.

I see it's tastefully done.  I wonder how much he wants for it? *****rollingeyes*****

Nails?  Seems to me the fellow could use a lesson in the meaning of "attractive nuisance."   You aren't allowed to set booby traps designed to injure trespassers.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

I see it's tastefully done.  I wonder how much he wants for it? *****rollingeyes*****

Nails?  Seems to me the fellow could use a lesson in the meaning of "attractive nuisance."   You aren't allowed to set booby traps designed to injure trespassers.

One of the things I like about living here is the lack of ordinances and whiny neighbors. We go out of our way to be considerate for our neighbors and to get along so we don't need to bring the law or local govt into our issues. Guys like this are how you end up with homeowners associations. He's so busy being an obnoxious ass and playing the victim that he can't see that he himself is the source of the problem.

BTW, he has a very nice house and yard up over the hill and out of sight of his mess. In fact he has some 20 or 30 acres where he could hide that stuff out of sight and no one would complain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Where I grew up it would get you a baseball bat to the knees.  Too likely to hurt kids.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.