Author Topic: Trump Attorney Sends Bannon Cease And Desist Letter Over 'Disparaging' Comments  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Concerned

If publication of this book is a calculated attempt by Bannon and/or Trump to distract, it’s a curious distraction to me with named sources such as Rupert Murdoch calling Trump “a f****** idiot”, Katie Walsh saying that dealing with Trump was “like trying to figure out what a child wants”, Ivanka mocking her father’s comb-over, Bannon calling the meeting with the Russians “unpatriotic” and “treasonous”, and Sam Nunberg calling Trump “a f****** fool”.  If this is all calculated for Trump’s advantage somehow, I guess Trump has taken his chess game from 12-dimensional to about 50-dimensional because it's really perplexing to me.

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

The thing is, this is being done to protect his branding empire and has little to do with security.

The letter then cites parts of Paragraph 8 of the Agreement: "Consent to Injunction. A breach of any of your promises or agreements under this agreement will cause the Company, Mr. Trump and each other Trump Person irreparable harm.

Trump Persons......LOL

I have a guy who lives nearby who has an eyesore of a boat sitting in his front yard for sale with "TRUMP" spray painted down the side. Sounds like he might be infringing on the Trump corporate name.  :silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have a guy who lives nearby who has an eyesore of a boat sitting in his front yard for sale with "TRUMP" spray painted down the side. Sounds like he might be infringing on the Trump corporate name.  :silly:

He should thank his lucky stars he didn't decide to paint a picture of Mickey Mouse on it, he'd be in stir for sure....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

He should thank his lucky stars he didn't decide to paint a picture of Mickey Mouse on it, he'd be in stir for sure....

People are getting tired of looking at it. It came up at a recent township council meeting and he's acting like he's being mistreated for supporting Trump. The real issue is that its been sitting there in the weeds for sale for the 20 odd years I've lived here. There's other crap out there that have been sitting there for just as long.

Offline verga

People are getting tired of looking at it. It came up at a recent township council meeting and he's acting like he's being mistreated for supporting Trump. The real issue is that its been sitting there in the weeds for sale for the 20 odd years I've lived here. There's other crap out there that have been sitting there for just as long.
@Cripplecreek How long do you think the boat would remain there is someone were to sneak over there in the middle of the night and spray paint; Hillary 2020? I'm asking for a friend.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Lovely.  You'd think he doesn't really give a crap about Trump and just painted that so he could claim victim status.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek How long do you think the boat would remain there is someone were to sneak over there in the middle of the night and spray paint; Hillary 2020? I'm asking for a friend.

He's already had people help decorate it a few times, now he has lights shining on it amid a growing forest of "No Trespassing" signs. I'll get a pic of it when I go that way again.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The real issue is that its been sitting there in the weeds for sale for the 20 odd years I've lived here. There's other crap out there that have been sitting there for just as long.

You should email the folks at Bethesda Game Studios.  Sounds like a good map point for a future Fallout Detroit game.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I had to sign a non disclosure agreement for my job recently. I may be a lowly hospital porter but I have access to and handle private medical documents but I have a federal HIPAA law to back it up.

Just last night I went around the building and collected all the padlocked big brown trash cans from behind locked doors and take them all downstairs and lock them in a storage space near the loading dock. Right about now the day porter should be watching the guy from the shredder company shred the documents so the cans can be taken back to their spots.

We humans are the weak link which is why we have to sign the NDA. Its all to protect patient privacy but I suspect of we saw wrongdoing on the part of the hospital we would fall under whistleblower protections.

@Cripplecreek
Whistleblower protections would depend from what I've been told.   As an employee you have a legal responsibility to report wrongdoing to the hospital.   Whistleblower protections would only kick in if you did report them but suffered repercussions because of it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

So apparently Wolff isn't terribly concerned about Trump and has moved up the release of his book to tomorrow.

Offline edpc

So apparently Wolff isn't terribly concerned about Trump and has moved up the release of his book to tomorrow.

Of course.  Take advantage of the free publicly and let it translate into weekend sales.  Something else can come along between now and Tuesday where people wouldn't care.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:12:04 pm by edpc »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

One would almost get the impression Trump planned it that way.  Why did he do this thing with the lawyers?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

One would almost get the impression Trump planned it that way.  Why did he do this thing with the lawyers?

Trump threatens to sue everybody and fails to carry through with most.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Tell that to Merv Griffon, except you can't because he's been dead over 10 years.  Besides, I don't think Trump expects to get this into court, what I was suggesting was he did it to get Bannon to pull the release date in.  Why?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:47:20 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Because frequently when someone threatens to sue, the other party gives in.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"Look!  A squirrel!"

And Kim Jun il disappears from the papers, just like that.

And so does the controversy about Trump taking credit for airline safety.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

It seems the attention span of the American Press has passed the American public's in the opposite direction.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yeah, I totally missed that one!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Yeah, I totally missed that one!

It was a hot button topic for all of 8 hours.  Don't blame yourself for missing it,
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Of course.  Take advantage of the free publicly and let it translate into weekend sales.  Something else can come along between now and Tuesday where people wouldn't care.

Good points @edpc

Offline corbe

I am aware of how this is being handled over at Trumpbart but my question to you in all sincerity @Right_in_Virginia is how is FR taking this sad turn of events?*

*I am somewhat interested in your interpretation of events over there, can you help me out or is this considered 'stirring the pot' as opposed to smoking the $hit?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   I am aware of how this is being handled over at Trumpbart but my question to you in all sincerity @Right_in_Virginia is how is FR taking this sad turn of events?*

*I am somewhat interested in your interpretation of events over there, can you help me out or is this considered 'stirring the pot' as opposed to smoking the $hit?

If it's "stirring the pot" you go right on ahead.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

You should email the folks at Bethesda Game Studios.  Sounds like a good map point for a future Fallout Detroit game.

That's the prequel, showing the apocalyptic landscape before the bombs fell?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

That's the prequel, showing the apocalyptic landscape before the bombs fell?

Perhaps, but it made me think of the dock area around Hamilton's Hideaway in FO3.