Author Topic: Italy's Northern League pledges to put right 'error' of euro  (Read 458 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Italy's Northern League pledges to put right 'error' of euro
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:11:37 am »
Italy's Northern League pledges to put right 'error' of euro
Isla Binnie

ROME (Reuters) - Italy’s rightist Northern League brushed off on Wednesday suggestions it had dropped its opposition to the euro and renewed its pledge to rectify the “error” of the single currency.

Rising hostility to the euro in Italy is a prominent issue in campaigning for a March national election, and the prospect that anti-establishment parties could try to pull the country out of the single currency has rattled financial markets.

A coalition including the League and former premier Silvio Berlusconi’s Forza Italia (Go Italy!) looks set to win the most votes in March, but no group is likely to achieve a clear parliamentary majority.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-election-northernleague/italys-northern-league-pledges-to-put-right-error-of-euro-idUSKBN1ES1BQ

IMHO, a lot of rank and file Italians don't want to participate in these progressive immigration measures.  So, good for the "Northern League", I hope they can win. This article is not directly about the immigration crisis, it is about the Euro.

Offline aligncare

Re: Italy's Northern League pledges to put right 'error' of euro
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:32:57 pm »

Evviva! gli Italiani del Nord! Buona fortuna! (Hooray! Northern Italians! Good luck with that!)

My people, sorta. I was southern born.