Author Topic: Lawmakers briefed by Yale psychiatrist on Trump's mental health: report  (Read 5567 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Lawmakers briefed by Yale psychiatrist on Trump's mental health: report
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2018, 05:26:02 pm »
No one has to tell him, 'hey, you should express compassion about this or that disaster).

Express compassion.

Said it better than I could. People with NPD are often very good at expressing "compassion". its actually having empathy that's lacking.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2018, 05:27:22 pm »
I've seen people post things here that a lot of armchair pyschiatrists would call crazy or at least extremely obsessed and deluded.

This is true, but the "Goldwater Rule" was established because it caused Goldwater, a public person like Trump, genuine harm.  The rest of us on TBR are just, as I describe myself, the "Loudmouth at the end of the bar."  The official rule that was established because of 1964 is just as valid today as it was when it was written.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2018, 05:37:07 pm »
This is true, but the "Goldwater Rule" was established because it caused Goldwater, a public person like Trump, genuine harm.  The rest of us on TBR are just, as I describe myself, the "Loudmouth at the end of the bar."  The official rule that was established because of 1964 is just as valid today as it was when it was written.

Absolutely correct.  The democrats (and whoever the one Republican is) who attended this farce should be ashamed.

However much we posters love our opinions, they do not have any effect on reality.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2018, 05:38:37 pm »
Express compassion.

Said it better than I could. People with NPD are often very good at expressing "compassion". its actually having empathy that's lacking.

But you have no way of knowing what Trump (or anyone else) is thinking.  We can only judge by what they do.  And Trump does the right thing more often than not in showing empathy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2018, 05:39:07 pm »
Why unethical?  Don't you think we have a right to know if the president is fit for duty?

LOL. Let me guess. You think Donny isn't fit for duty.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2018, 05:42:59 pm »
Applewood, this is what I was referring to:

Snip..the Goldwater Rule

I don't think this quack, Dr. Bandy X. Lee   is bound by the rule as she is not licensed by the board nor is she a professional in any sense of the word.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2018, 05:47:10 pm »
I don't think this quack, Dr. Bandy X. Lee   is bound by the rule as she is not licensed by the board nor is she a professional in any sense of the word.

Well, she's not a quack, but she is far afield:

Biography

Dr. Bandy Lee is an internationally recognized expert on violence.  Trained in medicine and psychiatry at Yale and Harvard Universities, and in medical anthropology as a fellow of the National Institute of Mental Health, she is currently on the faculty of Yale School of Medicine’s Law and Psychiatry Division.  She served as Director of Research for the Center for the Study of Violence (Harvard, U. Penn., N.Y.U., and Yale), co-founded Yale’s Violence and Health Study Group (MacMillan Center for International Studies), and leads a project group for the World Health Organization’s Violence Prevention Alliance.  She has consulted with the governments of Ireland and France, as well as California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York on violence prevention programming in prisons and in the community.  She played a key role in initiating reforms at Rikers Island, New York City’s correctional facility known for extreme levels of violence.  She has been teaching students studying to be public defenders and to become asylum attorneys at Yale Law School since 2003, and a Global Health Studies course of her design, “Violence: Causes and Cures,” since 2013.  She has served as consultant to the World Health Organization Violence and Injury Prevention department, UNESCO, and other United Nations bodies, and as speaker to the World Economic Forum.  Her interests are in global health approaches to violence prevention and multisectoral collaboration.

Education & Training

MDiv    Yale Divinity School (1995)
MD    Yale University School of Medicine (1994)
Intern    Bellevue Hospital Center
Resident    Massachusetts General Hospital
Chief Resident    Massachusetts General Hospital
Research Fellow    Harvard Medical School

http://psychiatry.yale.edu/people/bandy_lee.profile

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2018, 05:47:46 pm »
Express compassion.

That must mean that I'm suffering from NPD because I have NO empathy whatsoever for the people behind this, or their OPINIONS.

Hypothetical:

How about a dozen or so of us (the larger the sample size the better the indicator, do let's make it ALL of us) register at Democratic Underground and debate Their POV?

Wouldn't that Diagnose us all as having incurable NPD?

And it would be every bit as scientific as what This crowd who want to Psychiatrically/Psychologically evaluate Trump are claiming is a matter of National Life and Death.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2018, 05:51:13 pm »
Don't worry, sweetie.  You are not doing so.  Your main beef with Trump seems to be his tweeting.

The jury is still out on whether the tweeting is good or bad or necessary.  Please get over it and try to judge Trump on his actions.

She is.  She’s judging him on his actions of tweeting stupidities and nonsense.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2018, 05:52:00 pm »
All that tells me Sang, is She is an Educated Idiot, for which there is no cure.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2018, 05:53:30 pm »
All that tells me Sang, is She is an Educated Idiot, for which there is no cure.

That I agree with.   :beer:

Offline WingNot

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2018, 05:55:03 pm »
That I agree with.   :beer:

Thank you kind Lady.  I was beginning to think you changed in my protracted absence. :smokin:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2018, 05:56:31 pm »
Unfit in what way?

If he's got brain cancer like McCain, or if this klatch of Academics just has a Political Gripe with him?

Because there Is no way they're qualified to Fail him on his mental stability.

They're Quacks. Witch Hunters.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 05:56:50 pm »
Thank you kind Lady.  I was beginning to think you changed in my protracted absence. :smokin:

No, not a bit.  And, I'm glad to see you haven't either.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2018, 06:31:56 pm »
Why unethical?  Don't you think we have a right to know if the president is fit for duty?

"Unethical," as in "There are specific rules in the manual governing what's ethical."  Armchair Diagnosis of public figures is unethical, and can cause revocation of the license of the professional.  However, since it's Trump and everything is political these days, don't look for anybody in this group to be sanctioned.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2018, 06:32:32 pm »

Good work, Eddie Haskel.   :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2018, 06:37:07 pm »

Look Sam, if you can make the other guy feel like a goon first, then you don't feel like so much of a goon.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2018, 06:40:00 pm »

Hey, hey, leave him alone!

Offline WingNot

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2018, 07:04:25 pm »

LOL.  He was one of the best characters on TV, ever.  Ken Osmond used to own a restaurant in Mesa back in the '80s, a couple blocks down the street from where I used to live way back when.  "Eddie's" was a standard "American Diner," and all the menu items had wise cracks.  "Cheese Burger:  A Burger with a slice of cheese.  You figure it out."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:04:53 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2018, 07:09:08 pm »
She is.  She’s judging him on his actions of tweeting stupidities and nonsense.

Exactly what I said.  She's judging him on tweets.

Opinions vary widely on Trump's tweets.  I wish he had someone with more elegance in language editing them, but the essence of what he tweets is usually pretty much on the mark.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2018, 07:13:35 pm »

She is not a professional at all, but the worst thing is the covey of democrats who convened to hear her tell them that Trump is crazy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2018, 07:16:39 pm »
LOL.  He was one of the best characters on TV, ever.  Ken Osmond used to own a restaurant in Mesa back in the '80s, a couple blocks down the street from where I used to live way back when.  "Eddie's" was a standard "American Diner," and all the menu items had wise cracks.  "Cheese Burger:  A Burger with a slice of cheese.  You figure it out."

Yep !  And Eddie Haskell has become one of the few entertainers whose name has become a noun, a verb and an adjective.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2018, 07:29:24 pm »

Everything else is delusional.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2018, 07:49:50 pm »

Everything else is delusional.   

These Democrats, "one Republican Senator" and Yale Armchair headshrinker are "Fidiots."  A sniglet combination of two words, very similar in construction to the word "Fugly."
I will NOT comply.