Author Topic: Lawmakers briefed by Yale psychiatrist on Trump's mental health: report  (Read 5560 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Lawmakers briefed by Yale psychiatrist on Trump's mental health: report
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 10:54:53 am »
It was my option

Failure to accept reality is one sign of mental instability.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 12:55:49 pm »
Failure to accept reality is one sign of mental instability.

As is Trump Derangement Syndrome.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 02:22:40 pm »
Unless a medical expert has examined Trump and reviewed his medical records, anything opinion he or she gives is worthless. 

Trump is supposed to undergo a physical.    Maybe a mental exam at the same time would be in order.

The results of any medical exam will get released about the same time as his tax returns.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 03:11:14 pm »
Unless a medical expert has examined Trump and reviewed his medical records, anything opinion he or she gives is worthless. 

Trump is supposed to undergo a physical.    Maybe a mental exam at the same time would be in order.

Not only worthless but unethical.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 03:21:43 pm »
Not only worthless but unethical.

Not even if they stuck his head into one of Deforest Kelly's magic Star Trek Brain Scanners.

http://psychrights.org/articles/GEJacksonMDBrainScanCuriousConsensus.pdf
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 04:03:30 pm »
Why unethical?  Don't you think we have a right to know if the president is fit for duty?

Because it is in violation of professional ethics of psychologists/psychiatrists to "diagnose from a distance".  You can't diagnose someone you haven't actually evaluated personally. 

Offline WingNot

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 04:03:37 pm »
Why unethical?  Don't you think we have a right to know if the president is fit for duty?

No.  That is what elections and coupes de ville.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 04:06:29 pm »

Unfit in what way?

If he's got brain cancer like McCain, or if this klatch of Academics just has a Political Gripe with him?

Because there Is no way they're qualified to Fail him on his mental stability.

They're Quacks. Witch Hunters.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 04:09:54 pm »
Tell you 'bout a dream that I have every night
It ain't in Kodachrome and it isn't black and white
Take me for a fool if you feel that's right
Well I'm never on my own but there's nobody in sight
I don't know why I'm scared of the lightning....

It's all Psychobabble

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 04:18:28 pm »
I didn't say "diagnose from a distance."  In my previous post, I said any opinion without an examination and review of medical history is worthless. 

But in the course of a medical examination, there are tests that can be run, particularly to determine if a person has mental health issues related to a physical abnormality. 

I don't get why so many are opposed to this.  Seems to me that as an informed citizen, we should know whether the guy with the "big red button" might have some issue that could induce him to launch a nuclear strike.

because if we have it our enemies also have it.

Should the President be competent?  Yes but the real reason for this is not to determine if he's competent.  Its to sow discord and chaos to hurt his Presidency and America.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 04:22:10 pm »
Huh? 

As a voter, I would like to know if the guy I'm considering voting for is fit for the job mentally and physically.

If you can't tell if a guy or girl or cisgender person running for Pres isn't a whack job during the 24 months and with the 24/7/365 attention paid to them leading up to the primaries (and then the general election) then you shouldn't be voting.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:22:57 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 04:24:02 pm »
I think everyone knows he has malignant narcissism (narcissistic personality disorder, antisocial features, paranoid traits, and egosyntonic aggression), but The People chose him with that in mind, so its moot.  Is there suspicion of an organic disorder?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 04:28:43 pm »
I didn't say "diagnose from a distance."  In my previous post, I said any opinion without an examination and review of medical history is worthless. 

But in the course of a medical examination, there are tests that can be run, particularly to determine if a person has mental health issues related to a physical abnormality. 

I don't get why so many are opposed to this.  Seems to me that as an informed citizen, we should know whether the guy with the "big red button" might have some issue that could induce him to launch a nuclear strike.

We absolutely should know if there’s an underlying medical issue with political leaders.  However, I doubt we’d get the same scrutiny if Hillary was in office, despite her health issues during the campaign.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 04:36:46 pm »
because if we have it our enemies also have it.

Should the President be competent?  Yes but the real reason for this is not to determine if he's competent.  Its to sow discord and chaos to hurt his Presidency and America.

Follow the money.

Anyone wanting to become a cop has to be psychologically evaluated to determine if they're too Hair Trigger to handle the stresses or have any other issues/beliefs which would make them mentally/emotionally unacceptable to do the job.

How is it so many of them Pass the evaluation, and almost everyone else Fails an evaluation?

Do candidates for Police Academy training possess different genetics than non candidates, or does their decision to Become a cop trigger some 'epigenetic' control mechanism forcing their genetic propensity for mental instability into lifelong submission?

I ask because I've been told here that I was FOS because I knew nothing about Epigentics on another thread about Homosexuality being a Genetic and not a Learned Behavior, AND the current Psychiatric paradigm has held for decades that Psychiatric Disorders are 'Biologically based' either genetic or an imbalance of Brain Chemicals. The Brain Chemical ruse disintegrates as nothing more than Madison Ave hype to sell corrective drugs when you find out that Brain Science today has NO WAY to establish any baseline NORMAL of the Brain Chemicals in question.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:37:18 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 04:41:40 pm »
Lawmakers briefed by Yale psychiatrist on Trump's mental health: report
By Brett Samuels - 01/03/18 09:23 PM EST

More than a dozen lawmakers last month met with a Yale University psychiatry professor for two days to discuss President Trump’s fitness for office, Politico reported Wednesday.

Dr. Bandy X. Lee reportedly met with the group of lawmakers on Dec. 5 and Dec. 6 and warned them the president is “going to unravel.” All of the lawmakers in attendance were Democrats, except for one Republican senator.

“We feel that the rush of tweeting is an indication of his falling apart under stress. Trump is going to get worse and will become uncontainable with the pressures of the presidency,” Lee told Politico.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/367362-lawmakers-briefed-by-yale-psychiatrist-on-trumps-mental-health-report

This is outrageous.  I can tell you there are no crazier people in the world than psychiatrists.  I worked for one for several years.  He was crazier than his patients.

For a psychiatrist to be consulted for a medical opinion on a man he has never treated or seen is way beyond acceptable.

Of course, this nut case has an opinion but elected officials should not be relying on it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 04:44:21 pm »
@Suppressed

"I think everyone knows he has malignant narcissism (narcissistic personality disorder, antisocial features, paranoid traits, and egosyntonic aggression), but The People chose him with that in mind, so its moot.  Is there suspicion of an organic disorder?"

Good Point.

Their beef with Trump is narcissim.

Physician, Look In The Mirror, and Heal Thyself.

Had a real quick peek at The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump, edited by the Doc in question Dr Bandy X Lee, at Amazon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dangerous_Case_of_Donald_Trump

The Forward by Robert J. Lifton is Titled:

"Our Witness To Malignant Normality"

And he's Off the Rails by paragraph 3, which opens with:

"I came to the idea of Malignant Normality in my study of Nazi Doctors."

3 paragraphs in and Trump is suffering from a mutated strain of Nazism.

Paragraph 4 jumps to the CIA using Psychiatrists and Psychologists to torture people.

Paragraph 5, comes the weasel-speak, But I'm not calling Trump a Nazi.

Paragraph 6, he's bloviating about political and ethical normal, IE:, This Is NOT what we're used to.

Paragraph 7 opens with, "But that does not mean we are helpless." Another flip flop.

Paragraph 10 concludes with:

"There have also been parallel examples in recent history who have promoted equally dangerous forms of normality in rejecting climate change."

And wait till you get to the Introduction by Dr Bandy X Lee herself, solid, zircon encrusted 24 karat, self aggrandizing tinsel.

"Possibly the oddest experience in my career as a Psychiatrist has been that the only people not allowed to speak the truth about an issue are those who know the most about it."

How? HOW do you as a Professional "Know The Most About It?"

Is it because of the deep and rich, rigorously scientistic heritage your entire field's knowledge base has been manured in?

https://psychroaches.blogspot.com/search/label/Theosophy

I'm sure the rest of Dr Bandy X Lee's book would provide similarly entertaining Buster Keaton and Laurel and Hardy comedic relief, but since having my head explode isn't covered by my insurance I'll leave this IDEATE's rubbish to braver souls than myself to explore.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 04:46:28 pm »
Everyone knew Trump was Psycho since day 1.

But the choice was between an insane delusional person and a treasonous ultra crooked bitch.

The American People Chose.  And neither was not an option.

Trump is not psycho.  You have no basis for saying that and neither did this phony psychiatrist.

Trump has some idiosyncracies that would not have even been known a few years ago.  They have not interfered with Trump being successful and productive.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 04:49:28 pm »
I am not exactly clear what you are fishing for here.  Donald Trump makes a fool out of himself on twitter and lawmakers use it.  He should stop tweeting.  He has given them the ammunition they want.  I have stated when Trump does good things like supporting Israel.  My purpose isn't in politics that is for sure.  Beyond that I am not going to entertain you.

Don't worry, sweetie.  You are not doing so.  Your main beef with Trump seems to be his tweeting.

The jury is still out on whether the tweeting is good or bad or necessary.  Please get over it and try to judge Trump on his actions.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 05:02:23 pm »
Trump may be a bit of a narcissist (If we're clear on that definition) but he is not a malignant narcissist like Obama and Hillary.

He has empathy for others.  He supports people who protect us like the police and our servicemen and women.  No one has to tell him, 'hey, you should express compassion about this or that disaster).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2018, 05:07:29 pm »

Applewood, this is what I was referring to:

The Goldwater rule is the informal name given to Section 7 in the American Psychiatric Association's (APA) Principles of Medical Ethics[1] that states it is unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion about public figures they have not examined in person, and from whom they have not obtained consent to discuss their mental health in public statements.[2] It is named after presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.[3][4]

The issue arose in 1964 when Fact published the article "The Unconscious of a Conservative: A Special Issue on the Mind of Barry Goldwater".[3][5] The magazine polled psychiatrists about U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater and whether he was fit to be president.[6][7] The editor, Ralph Ginzburg, was sued for libel in Goldwater v. Ginzburg where Goldwater won $75,000 (approximately $592,000 today) in damages.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwater_rule

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2018, 05:11:28 pm »
Because it is in violation of professional ethics of psychologists/psychiatrists to "diagnose from a distance".  You can't diagnose someone you haven't actually evaluated personally.

Article from NPR, no conservative bastion they, about "Armchair Analysis" of public figures, specifically about Trump, written August 13, 2016.  It's officially unethical, and it's not just somebody's opinion, it did real harm to Barry Goldwater.

On the organization's website, APA President Maria A. Oquendo wrote: "The unique atmosphere of this year's election cycle may lead some to want to psychoanalyze the candidates, but to do so would not only be unethical, it would be irresponsible."

Oquendo was referring to the "Goldwater Rule," a guideline adopted by the APA after a 1964 survey of psychiatrists found that nearly half of those polled felt that GOP presidential candidate Barry Goldwater was psychologically unfit to be president.

The rule states that despite the shiny diagnostic T-ball Trump has propped in front of them — his volatility, his grandiosity, his entitlement — professional code holds that if they haven't performed an in-person evaluation, psychiatrists should keep quiet on the mental character of public figures (unless of course they have that person's permission to speak out).

Here is the actual rule:

The Goldwater Rule

On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement.

Principles of Medical Ethics with Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry

More at the source:  https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/08/13/489807468/psychiatrists-reminded-to-refrain-from-armchair-analysis-of-public-figures
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2018, 05:16:24 pm »
I've seen people post things here that a lot of armchair pyschiatrists would call crazy or at least extremely obsessed and deluded.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2018, 05:16:44 pm »
Article from NPR, no conservative bastion they, about "Armchair Analysis" of public figures, specifically about Trump, written August 13, 2016.  It's officially unethical, and it's not just somebody's opinion, it did real harm to Barry Goldwater.

Here is the actual rule:
More at the source:  https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/08/13/489807468/psychiatrists-reminded-to-refrain-from-armchair-analysis-of-public-figures

Exactly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2018, 05:19:10 pm »
I've seen people post things here that a lot of armchair pyschiatrists would call crazy or at least extremely obsessed and deluded.

Emjay, many of us tend to get carried away on occasion and say things we shouldn't.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2018, 05:22:06 pm »
Applewood, this is what I was referring to:

GMTA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: