Author Topic: Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President....By Michael Wolff  (Read 4198 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President....By Michael Wolff
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 11:21:27 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

People familiar with author Michael Wolff know about his penchant for inflating events and making them out to be more dramatic. It’s fair to say that some of what Wolff writes in Fire and Fury should be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, the notion that everything Wolff wrote is false and that he had, according to Trump, “zero access” to him and White House staff is ridiculous.

Press Secretary Sarah Sanders decried the book as nothing but “tabloid gossip.” It’s the irony of all ironies. For decades, Donald Trump operated in and thrived in the world of tabloid gossip, doing whatever he could to gain the attention of The New York Post and Daily News, even going so far as playing the role of ‘John Miller,’ a publicist for Trump. Nothing made Trump happier than to find himself the center of attention on Page Six, so the idea that he’s suddenly outraged over being the subject of “tabloid gossip” is rather hilarious . . .

. . . Trump’s rage has more to do with the fact that he expected Wolff to write a suck-up book that would discuss his brilliance and wonderfulness above all else. Trump lives for praise, and it doesn’t matter who provides it. The problem for Trump (and those around him) is the press will discuss the book as though everything in it is true. They won’t question the contents of the book, and that will only enrage Trump further leading to more outbursts.

But that’s his fault. If he wanted to grant access to somebody that would provide a fair account of what happens in the White House, he should have chosen more wisely. He essentially chose a gossip columnist to do the work.

---Carl Arbogast, Red State.

Interesting and somewhat pungent take, no?

@EasyAce

Whoa.  I'd say so.  I hope you don't mind me highlighting the money quote (for me, anyway).

I'm reminded of another tabloid paper:

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 11:23:07 pm »
"Alexa, Order @CathrineofAmagedon That new best selling book the Liberal and Never Trumpers want so they look well informed attending their bourgeois cocktail parties "

@Wingnut

Catherine, not Cathrine.

Armageddon, not Amagedon.

And I'm a Hillary Clinton fundraiser, so get that right, too.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:23:37 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 11:57:08 pm »
@Wingnut

Catherine, not Cathrine.

Armageddon, not Amagedon.

And I'm a Hillary Clinton fundraiser, so get that right, too.

bleep liberal.

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 12:05:12 am »
bleep liberal.

@RoosGirl

Harassment makes me quiver and cry.  I'm putting on my pink bleep hat and leaving.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 12:06:21 am »
@RoosGirl

Harassment makes me quiver and cry.  I'm putting on my pink bleep hat and leaving.

Now I'm quivering and crying thinking of you in a pink bleep hat.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 12:54:58 am »
@EasyAce

Whoa.  I'd say so.  I hope you don't mind me highlighting the money quote (for me, anyway).
@CatherineofAragon
Who am I to reject the money quote? ;)

I was, too, but I just didn't have the heart to refer to it. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2018, 03:57:20 am »
@EasyAce

Yeah, that still pisses me off. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2018, 04:05:41 am »

It's exactly why Trump deserves the little taste of what he's getting right now.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2018, 04:13:41 am »
Big Deal.

Did the Trump campaign say Ben Carson was dropping out in Iowa? No, the Ted Cruz campaign did.

Did the Trump campaign say Marco Rubio was dropping out in Hawaii? No, the Ted Cruz campaign did.

Did the Trump campaign say Governor Kasich was receiving George Soros money? No, the Ted Cruz campaign did.

Did the Trump campaign lie and say Marco Rubio said things about the Bible which he did not? No, the Ted Cruz campaign did.

And there's more where this comes from.

So, there was no trouble dishing it out. Proud to have supported the most Pro-Life president ever, black unemployment at an all time low, the economy booming.

CofA can only call attention to herself in this way, she backed a losing campaign and now, does not partake in the victories the GOP nominee has.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:16:50 am by TomSea »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 04:16:19 am »
Big Deal.

Did the Trump campaign say Ben Carson was dropping out in Iowa? No, the Ted Cruz campaign did.

Did the Trump campaign say Marco Rubio was dropping out in Hawaii? No, the Ted Cruz campaign did.

Did the Trump campaign say Governor Kasich was receiving George Soros money? No, the Ted Cruz campaign did.

Did the Trump campaign lie and say Marco Rubio said things about the Bible which he did not? No, the Ted Cruz campaign did.

So, there was no trouble dishing it out. Proud to have supported the most Pro-Life president ever, black unemployment at an all time low, the economy booming.

CofA can only call attention to herself in this way, she backed a losing campaign and now, does not partake in the victories the GOP nominee has.

Blah blah blah blah blah Ted Cruz blah blah blah blah sameoldbullshiteverytime blah blah blah.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2018, 04:17:22 am »
Blah blah blah blah blah Ted Cruz blah blah blah blah sameoldbullshiteverytime blah blah blah.

Yeah, I knew you'd love it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2018, 04:18:34 am »
@RoosGirl

Since I modified my post, I knew you wouldn't want to miss the graphics.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 04:18:46 am »
Yeah, I knew you'd love it.

Yes, it's so productive to have the same bleep conversation every week for the last 2 years.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 04:19:49 am »
@RoosGirl

Since I modified my post, I knew you wouldn't want to miss the graphics.

Thank you.  I love it when Trump supporters post proof of how Trump lied and twisted the truth.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2018, 04:48:44 am »
Donald Trump didn’t want to be president AND he colluded with Russia to steal the election. Truly an amazing and conflicted man, this Donald Trump.

I may be the only person this site, to have seen him at a campaign rally. For months and months he campaigned and travelled. It was a grind most of us would wilt from. Anybody that witnessed a rally, would know he was sincere.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2018, 04:49:33 am »
Uh oh. Someone said "Ted Cruz" and Tommy appeared out of thin air with his magic beans. I know what I am going to do....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2018, 09:11:06 am »
@CatherineofAragon
Who am I to reject the money quote? ;)

I was, too, but I just didn't have the heart to refer to it. ;)

Another Cruz supporter who ignores one of the dirtiest campaigns ever done by their own candidate?

We certainly see some real meltdowns.

@EasyAce

And on top of that, we don't know everything those periodicals posted are false.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2018, 09:26:56 am »
Yes, it's so productive to have the same bleep conversation every week for the last 2 years.

I didn’t follow Cruz. I was focused on the Trump campaign. So, I’m glad TomSea takes the time to remind us every now and then of what actually happened during the hard fought 2016 campaign. A lot of candidates said a lot of nasty things, including Ted Cruz.

Same bleep conversation? Try coming here and listening to NeverTrumpers two years of whining. You guys take the cake. So, what’s the difference? Don’t worry, I’ll tell you the difference: Ted Cruz got over losing to Donald Trump. His fan boys (you, catty of arrogance, the granny lady, etc) haven’t.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 11:52:35 am »
Now I'm quivering and crying thinking of you in a pink bleep hat.

@RoosGirl

Pink is not my color, I admit it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 12:05:27 pm »

@Sanguine

It’s why I have no sympathy for Trump here, and won’t pretend I’m not enjoying the justice of it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2018, 12:10:11 pm »
Big Deal.

And there's more where this comes from.

@TomSea

I love that you just can’t stand the reminder of Trump’s scummy tactics.  Too bad.  Trump, and you, better suck it up.

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2018, 12:12:26 pm »
Another Cruz supporter who ignores one of the dirtiest campaigns ever done by their own candidate?

We certainly see some real meltdowns.

@EasyAce

And on top of that, we don't know everything those periodicals posted are false.

@TomSea

Yet you supported Cruz and his dirty campaign.  How could you do that?

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2018, 12:37:14 pm »
I didn’t follow Cruz. I was focused on the Trump campaign. So, I’m glad TomSea takes the time to remind us every now and then of what actually happened during the hard fought 2016 campaign. A lot of candidates said a lot of nasty things, including Ted Cruz.

Same bleep conversation? Try coming here and listening to NeverTrumpers two years of whining. You guys take the cake. So, what’s the difference? Don’t worry, I’ll tell you the difference: Ted Cruz got over losing to Donald Trump. His fan boys (you, catty of arrogance, the granny lady, etc) haven’t.

@aligncare

Either Trump is a lump of jello who needs to hide behind your skirts or he’s the famed street fighter who takes on the world.  Which is it?

He’s getting what he deserves.  Deal with it.

More importantly—-“granny lady?”  You know her name.  This is the second time in the past few days a Trump supporter has made a mocking remark regarding a certain poster’s age, and no, I won’t ping her because I don’t want her to see it. 

Is that what you’re about now?  Because it’s pretty damn low, you get that, right? 

Also, you’re a massage therapist—-do you have this kind of disrespect for your older customers?

Pinging @mystery-ak so she can be aware of this crap before it goes further.

I do, however, very much approve of “catty of arrogance”.  Creative, with a certain style.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2018, 12:46:45 pm »
snipped/

Take a couple Midol's and come back later when your mental cramps subside.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 12:47:54 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Silver Pines

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2018, 12:55:04 pm »
Take a couple Midol's and come back later when your mental cramps subside.

@Wingnut

Midol doesn’t do crap.  I stick with ibuprofen; it’s much more effective.

Look, I understand that being kicked around by women has given you a complex, but you can’t let yourself react like this every time a female says more than “boo.”  It’s really not a good look.