Author Topic: What 1998’s Impeachment Proceedings Say About That Prospect For 2018  (Read 594 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 What 1998’s Impeachment Proceedings Say About That Prospect For 2018
This new year, like 1998, will be dominated by a well-established prosecutor leading an extensive investigation into the presidency.

By Charles F. McElwee III   
January 2, 2018

A new year invites examination, a moment to compare the present to the past to discover patterns that forecast the future. In 2018, certain patterns are already emerging, with time coordinates leading back two decades.

In 1998, the “information superhighway” advanced communication, magazines like George filled bookstore shelves, the economic boom seemed boundless, and the country enjoyed a deceptive post-Cold War peace. It was also the year dial-up speeds accelerated news digestion, the media raged into a dervish frenzy over a presidential scandal, and a political party miscalculated its electoral destiny.

It’s difficult to project certainty about the future, but one cannot help but draw comparisons between 2018 and 1998. The new year, like 1998, will be dominated by a well-established prosecutor leading an extensive investigation into the presidency. The scandal will enrapture cable news.

more
http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/02/1998s-impeachment-proceedings-say-prospect-2018/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:
Trump’s decision to fire former FBI Director James Comey—which former White House strategist Steve Bannon declared the “dumbest political decision in modern political history”—only intensified the scrutiny. Similar to Clinton in 1998, Trump is haunted by daily chatter that he obstructed justice or could face impeachment.

I think I disagree.  If Comey was still there to protect them, would we have heard about the bit players in this, like the guy and his Mistress talking about "insurance," and other people?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Similar to Clinton in 1998, Trump is haunted by daily chatter that he obstructed justice or could face impeachment.

What is not similar to 1998 however...and something everyone forgets...is that Trump IIRC hasn't been put under oath and lied to a federal judge.

Just as a quick reminder here ate the two Articles Clinton was actually impeached on"

Article I charged that Clinton lied to the grand jury concerning:[20]

the nature and details of his relationship with Lewinsky
prior false statements he made in the Jones deposition
prior false statements he allowed his lawyer to make characterizing Lewinsky’s affidavit
his attempts to tamper with witnesses

Article III charged Clinton with attempting to obstruct justice in the Jones case by:[21]

encouraging Lewinsky to file a false affidavit
encouraging Lewinsky to give false testimony if and when she was called to testify
concealing gifts he had given to Lewinsky that had been subpoenaed
attempting to secure a job for Lewinsky to influence her testimony
permitting his lawyer to make false statements characterizing Lewinsky’s affidavit
attempting to tamper with the possible testimony of his secretary Betty Curie
making false and misleading statements to potential grand jury witnesses

Two other charges weren't approved.

Now as far as I can tell there is no paper trail or trail of evidence that Trump or his kids didn't anything close to what Clinton was impeached for.

Until that time that it's proven Trump has equaled Billy Jeff in obstruction or perjury or what the media is hoping for now...collusion with a foreign country...this is all just wishful speculation by the MSM who have been dying to get even with Republicans for impeaching Clinton.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What is not similar to 1998 however...and something everyone forgets...is that Trump IIRC hasn't been put under oath and lied to a federal judge.

Just as a quick reminder here ate the two Articles Clinton was actually impeached on"

Two other charges weren't approved.

Now as far as I can tell there is no paper trail or trail of evidence that Trump or his kids didn't anything close to what Clinton was impeached for.

Until that time that it's proven Trump has equaled Billy Jeff in obstruction or perjury or what the media is hoping for now...collusion with a foreign country...this is all just wishful speculation by the MSM who have been dying to get even with Republicans for impeaching Clinton.

I don't know what frosts them more, @txradioguy:  The impeachment of Billy, or the denial of the Presidency to his blushing bride.  You know they really lost their minds after the '16 election, so much that they actually had an anniversary "Scream at the Sky" event.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't know what frosts them more, @txradioguy:  The impeachment of Billy, or the denial of the Presidency to his blushing bride.  You know they really lost their minds after the '16 election, so much that they actually had an anniversary "Scream at the Sky" event.

I say the impeachment ranks #1 on their list.  For a couple decades they strutted around about how they "got Nixon"...even when they really didn't...then Clinton actually does get impeached and they lose their mind.

Every Republican President that gets elected from here on out will live with he Dems threatening impeachment at the very thought of not seeing a Liberal in that office.  Bush lived with constant threats of impeachment from the Dems for 8 years.

It's now part of their political MO.

The screaming at the sky just highlighted how childish and just plain out weird the DU type Liberals have become.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!