Author Topic: Trump Has 20 Days To Save His Presidency With China And Immigration Policies, Steve Bannon Says  (Read 494 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Donald Trump has until the one-year anniversary of his inauguration this month to save his administration by keeping his "America First" campaign promises, according to his former strategist Steve Bannon.

“This is the run-up, the last 20 days before the first anniversary of his inauguration, and it’s all coming to a head,” Steve Bannon told Axios for a report published Wednesday morning.

By Wednesday, that would mean Trump has 17 days left to make good on his vows, in Bannon's view. The billionaire Republican made the "America First" slogan a focal point of his campaign and his inauguration speech, and in particular promised to crack down on illegal immigration and broker tougher economic negotiations with China.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-20-days-save-presidency-132847720.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Oh, well if Steve says so, it must be true.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Leto

Trump is exceeding expectations by a wide margin (mine at least), economy is doing well he is reversing Obama's exec orders reducing regulations win on taxes.  Bannon needs to Shut up up for awhile.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:24:14 pm by Leto »
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The man who only hires the best hired this rabid animal.

Offline goatprairie

The man who only hires the best hired this rabid animal.
Bannon was one of those "terrific" people Trump was always touting. Except now it seems Bannon is now not quite so terrific. Rabid animal is an apt description. At one time Trump had a use for him...to pummel Trump's opponents. Trump does not need him anymore, so out the door he went.
He is still somewhat loyal to his master like Renfield was loyal to Dracula despite being treated shabbily by him.  I wonder if Bannon eats spiders?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I know someone personally who said "I voted for Trump because he promised to build the wall", so, I'm sure a lot of people feel that way. We will see what happens.

Offline edpc

We will see what happens.

My guess:  A deal will be made on DACA, negating a high profile ‘day one’ campaign promise.  The deal will provide funding for a wall, which will be a fence in some places, virtual in others, and an actual wall in few.  Nevertheless, ardent supporters will call it a victory, opponents will call it racist, and the rest of us will be massively underwhelmed.

Offline goatprairie

To be fair I support many of the policy decisions he's done. Here's the thing....since virtually everything Obama did was quasi-unconstitutional/anti-American,  all Trump had to do was the opposite of what Obama did to do the right thing. And so far Trump has not tried to implement his screwball ideas about trade and the deficit.
The problem is: what about the future?  We are not just trying to win battles now, we have to win the future. Since many Republicans have decided to junk conservatism and that populism is now the way to go,  how do we persuade future voters to vote for the right things?
Because Trump has no conservative ideological moorings (even Limbaugh and Hannity admit this), we do not know what he'll do in the future.  We do know that he's absolutely not any kind of a salesman for conservatism like Reagan was.  It's all about what appears to be "winning" at the moment.