Author Topic: Bannon: 2016 Trump Tower meeting was 'treasonous'  (Read 3830 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Bannon: 2016 Trump Tower meeting was 'treasonous'
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 07:48:41 pm »
Bannon broke his own arm patting himself on his back

Well Trump did bring him in when his campaign was kinda foundering and Bannon got everything organized and focused on Hillary and off of distractions like Megan Kelly and that idiot Gold Star Father that spoke at the DNC Convention.

I mean Trump did make Bannon the head of his campaign and then rewarded him with the job of chief strategist and senior counselor.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 07:58:10 pm »
Well Trump did bring him in when his campaign was kinda foundering and Bannon got everything organized and focused on Hillary and off of distractions like Megan Kelly and that idiot Gold Star Father that spoke at the DNC Convention.

I mean Trump did make Bannon the head of his campaign and then rewarded him with the job of chief strategist and senior counselor.

Can't refute any of that. 
Trump named him “chief executive” of the presidential campaign.  Then he named him chief strategist for his administration.  Then adds him to the National Security Council’s principals committee. Then on April 4: Bannon is removed from his role on the NSC’s Principals Committee.  And then his slide begins and he loses his mind.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:58:53 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »

If I recall correctly there were complaints from the joint chiefs about Bannon being allowed to sit in on their briefings. That's not a low level staffer, that's someone being placed in the top tier of the White House. However what can we expect from a president who places his family members at that same level.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 08:22:16 pm »
If I recall correctly there were complaints from the joint chiefs about Bannon being allowed to sit in on their briefings. That's not a low level staffer, that's someone being placed in the top tier of the White House. However what can we expect from a president who places his family members at that same level.

@Cripplecreek good catch.  You're right.  Trump thought so much of Bannon at the time he had him sit in on high level Principals meetings as well as all NSC meetings.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

BassWrangler

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2018, 08:23:32 pm »
The money quote   88devil ....

I know, love that quote. Shapiro left BB in part because of Bannon, so I am sure he enjoyed writing this article.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 08:24:32 pm »
Dance with the one that brought ya Bannon.

I had little respect for him before. I have none now.
The Republic is lost.

BassWrangler

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 08:26:00 pm »
Bannon broke his own arm patting himself on his back

Love your new avatar, @Wingnut. I wonder how many here get the reference.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 08:40:29 pm »
@Cripplecreek good catch.  You're right.  Trump thought so much of Bannon at the time he had him sit in on high level Principals meetings as well as all NSC meetings.

I suspect that if you went back and found TBR threads about Bannon in those meetings, the people saying Bannon is a nobody, were praising St Donald's vast brilliance in choosing such a fine man as Bannon to help "drain the swamp".

BassWrangler

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 01:19:12 am »
I suspect that if you went back and found TBR threads about Bannon in those meetings, the people saying Bannon is a nobody, were praising St Donald's vast brilliance in choosing such a fine man as Bannon to help "drain the swamp".

No doubt, and those same posters will be there badmouthing him now. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 01:23:42 am »
Love your new avatar, @Wingnut. I wonder how many here get the reference.

@BassWrangler

Two of us do at any rate!   888high58888

Silver Pines

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 02:12:59 am »
Is anybody surprised about this?  Aside from the few fans who thought Bannon was a political genius and a stand-up guy, lol?

Ben Shapiro and Dana Loesch predicted this would happen all along.

Silver Pines

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 02:13:37 am »

@Cripplecreek

You would be right.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 02:18:26 am »
“They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”  --Steve Bannon
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

BassWrangler

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 05:35:20 am »
“They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”  --Steve Bannon

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to go cold turkey on strip clubs and jello shooters" -- Steve Bannon

Offline WingNot

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 01:16:03 pm »
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to go cold turkey on strip clubs and jello shooters" -- Steve Bannon

The guy does look like he goes to bed alone smelling of Vanilla and covered in Stripper dust.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 01:37:56 pm »
Ben Shapiro and Dana Loesch predicted this would happen all along.

Ben was raked over the coals in posts here when he wrote an article about Bannon and what he was really like.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 01:52:22 pm »
Ben was raked over the coals in posts here when he wrote an article about Bannon and what he was really like.

Yup.

I never understood the fascination with Bannon. He was a soi-disant "Leninist" right? Wanted a revolution? Sounds like a leftist nutjob to me, and the brainless worms in here kissed his ass.

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 02:54:12 pm »

@txradioguy

Yes, he was.  Bring up Shapiro’s name, and you would inevitably get dismissive responses about that “NeverTrumper.”  Now it’s all “oooh, look what Ben says HERE!”  It’s entertainment of the highest order, lol.

As for Bannon, I remember someone yodeling at me “how dare you besmirch that fine veteran’s character!”  That was fairly recent.  Interestingly enough, I haven’t seen the person comment on this latest news.    :laugh:

BassWrangler

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 02:55:48 pm »
The guy does look like he goes to bed alone smelling of Vanilla and covered in Stripper dust.

LOL.

There’s a new development in the story: according to the article linked below, Bannon was telling people that he was thinking of running for President himself, and that some big billionaire Trump backer would support him instead. The donor learned of this and dropped support for him.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/367367-bannon-loses-support-of-pro-trump-billionaire-backer-over-media-fights
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:58:23 pm by BassWrangler »

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2018, 02:59:30 pm »
Yup.

I never understood the fascination with Bannon. He was a soi-disant "Leninist" right? Wanted a revolution? Sounds like a leftist nutjob to me, and the brainless worms in here kissed his ass.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I have to say, TOS is providing comedy gold right now.  The reactions range from the usual cries of “fake news”,  to shocked disappointment from those who “adore” (yes, really) Bannon, to conviction it’s all a grand strategy with Trump and Bannon working together for some vague goal.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2018, 03:11:14 pm »

Wasn't it right in the wake of the "grab 'em by the p----" deal that SB signed on?

My take is that he is spot on in excoriating Don Jr. I would not have said "treasonous"; but he correctly exposed the kid as a feckless naif. And the stuff about Trump's short attention span and the shallowness of his intellect is no bombshell.

Interesting times.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2018, 03:31:55 pm »
@txradioguy

Yes, he was.  Bring up Shapiro’s name, and you would inevitably get dismissive responses about that “NeverTrumper.”  Now it’s all “oooh, look what Ben says HERE!”  It’s entertainment of the highest order, lol.

As for Bannon, I remember someone yodeling at me “how dare you besmirch that fine veteran’s character!” That was fairly recent.  Interestingly enough, I haven’t seen the person comment on this latest news.    :laugh:

Unless that veteran's name is Mueller, then its fire at will.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2018, 03:37:24 pm »
Unless that veteran's name is Mueller, then its fire at will.

Or, you could say the same of John McCain.  I guess it partly depends on what you do after you get home. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2018, 03:38:58 pm »

Wasn't it right in the wake of the "grab 'em by the p----" deal that SB signed on?

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2018, 03:42:33 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I have to say, TOS is providing comedy gold right now.  The reactions range from the usual cries of “fake news”,  to shocked disappointment from those who “adore” (yes, really) Bannon, to conviction it’s all a grand strategy with Trump and Bannon working together for some vague goal.

Yes I saw that. It is Trump playing 3 or 4 or 5 dimensional chess some are saying.  :silly:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause