Author Topic: Russia says ‘external interference’ fueling Iran protests  (Read 561 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Russia says ‘external interference’ fueling Iran protests
Times of Israel, Jan 2, 2018

Russia blamed “external interference” for driving anti-regime protests in Iran, echoing claims by Iranian leaders. In a statement carried Tuesday by the official TASS news agency, the Russian foreign ministry said the protests were “Iran’s internal affair.”

“External interference destabilizing the situation is inadmissible,” it said.  The Russian foreign ministry also said: “We express the hope that the situation won’t develop under the scenario of bloodshed and violence.”

Both Russia and Iran are backers of Syria’s President Bashar Assad and have provided substantial military support to his regime during the Syrian civil war.

Earlier Tuesday, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said the country’s “enemies” were orchestrating a plot to infiltrate and target the regime, as he broke his silence on the days of unrest rocking the country.

More: https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-says-external-interference-fueling-iran-protests/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Russia says ‘external interference’ fueling Iran protests
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 08:54:05 pm »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 11:29:20 pm »
As RiV's image implies, we can only hope for as much!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 11:39:26 pm »
The only way to have anything approaching stability in the region is to get rid of the Mullahs currently in control of the Iranian government and I'll assure you that I'm not the only one who knows that.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:40:06 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 02:05:44 am »
The only way to have anything approaching stability in the region is to get rid of the Mullahs currently in control of the Iranian government and I'll assure you that I'm not the only one who knows that.
Russia is portraying this 'external interference' in the same manner as it typically does to invade other countries to justify control over them.

Believe me, we all know this and we do not need a vacuum appear to be taken up by the Russians.  Way too much oil for it to be in the possession of Russian control.

We need more than just removal of the Mullahs, as history proved in removing Qaddafi did in Libya.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 02:29:08 am »

Pretty sure the mullahs know it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley