Author Topic: Mattis: ‘I’m saving money for bombs’ instead of tokens of gratitude for troops  (Read 726 times)

rangerrebew

Mattis: ‘I’m saving money for bombs’ instead of tokens of gratitude for troops
By Julia Manchester - 12/31/17 10:05 AM EST

Defense Secretary James Mattis said he does not carry tokens of gratitude to hand out to U.S. troops, saying “I’m saving money for bombs.”

Mattis made the comment to Breitbart News after a reporter relayed a message from a U.S. Marine who asked whether the secretary was carrying challenge coins during a trip to an international terrorism conference in Jordan earlier this year.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/366913-mattis-im-saving-money-for-bombs-instead-of-gratitude-tokens

Offline Suppressed

Sad.

A single Mk 82's impact will be less than its $2K in challenge coins.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't know what to think of this story I saw a couple days ago, so I'm going to ask somebody I know and trust who works for Mattis.

@txradioguy, what do you think of this?  Seems to me the soldiers might see this as a bit of a slight, I thought Challenge Coins were really important, and not just for buying beers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So he's a cheap bleep, we already knew he had bleep in his personality.  I mean he is a marine and every marine I ever met had that quality.

Right now I'm more concerned with him winning the war(s) and keep our troops alive.  I'd imagine with all the budget cuts impacting the mission that coins are a low priority.  Hell when I was in we bought our own.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am pretty sure Mattis would personally pay for these coins not the Defense Dept...my hubby has a drawer full of these coins.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't know what to think of this story I saw a couple days ago, so I'm going to ask somebody I know and trust who works for Mattis.

@txradioguy, what do you think of this?  Seems to me the soldiers might see this as a bit of a slight, I thought Challenge Coins were really important, and not just for buying beers.

IIRC the whole challenge coin thing started out as an Army tradition that has bled over to the other services.  And it's each commanders choice whether they have them or not.

I'd like to be able to know whether Mattis carried them when he was in uniform.  I'm guessing by his response to that Marine the answer is no...and this was his way of giving a clever answer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!