Author Topic: Michele Bachmann mulls run for Al Franken's Senate seat  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Michele Bachmann mulls run for Al Franken's Senate seat
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 10:04:10 pm »
You and me both.

I don't care What the media decides to nit pick in her taking in 23 foster children at various times, for varying times.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-michele-bachmann-raise-23-foster-kids/

23 children needed help.

She took them in.

I know.  She didn't just say YOU take them in, she took them in.  And I find nothing wrong with her policies either.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 10:04:38 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 10:19:40 pm »
The collective IQ revealed by the posts on this thread so far is minus 20.

@Emjay
Unless you're trying to say you brought it down I really don't see what the issue is.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 10:25:03 pm »
Bachman said she was in favor of continuing to waterboard terrorists, and was pilloried as a monster for it.

Animals who dismembered living American Contractors and hung their corpses from a bridge.

But SHE was the one being out of line?

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 10:27:02 pm »
Mike Lindell, the My Pillow dude, should run.  He did so much coke, his dealer staged an intervention.  The campaign would make Moore's seem G-rated.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 10:37:36 pm »
As President Trump tweeted following Roy Moore's defeat:  "If last night's election proved anything, it proved that we need to put up GREAT Republican candidates." 

He's right - we'll prosper if we can persuade folks like Tim Pawlenty to run,  able to win votes statewide with responsible conservative policies,  and we'll fail if all we can attract are the kooks. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 10:50:13 pm »
Bachman said she was in favor of continuing to waterboard terrorists, and was pilloried as a monster for it.

Animals who dismembered living American Contractors and hung their corpses from a bridge.

But SHE was the one being out of line?

They always tell you who they fear.  It  never fails.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2018, 10:56:34 pm »
@Emjay
Unless you're trying to say you brought it down I really don't see what the issue is.

Pay no mind, she's been in a pissy mood for about a year.

Offline edpc

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2018, 12:06:47 am »
They always tell you who they fear.  It never fails.

She's been correctly ridiculed for saying some dumb things like CO2 isn't dangerous, HPV vaccines made someone retarded, and John Quincy Adams was a founding father. 

Idiocy in government should be feared.  It's similar to wondering how the astronauts planting the American flag on Mars or the Guam tipping over types ever got elected.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:07:20 am by edpc »

Silver Pines

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2018, 12:22:38 am »
Seriously, does anyone think Michele Bachman is feared?  The woman who said vaccines cause mental retardation?

And Jim Bakker—really?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2018, 12:24:30 am »

She's been correctly ridiculed for saying some dumb things like CO2 isn't dangerous, HPV vaccines made someone retarded, and John Quincy Adams was a founding father. 

Idiocy in government should be feared.  It's similar to wondering how the astronauts planting the American flag on Mars or the Guam tipping over types ever got elected.

I think people in government who believe CO2 is dangerous are themselves dangerous, to our economy.  You're right about the other two, though....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2018, 12:29:45 am »
I like her.  What the heck is wrong with her?

Meh! 

With President Trump, we need fresh, new faces in Washington. 

She's too...., uh....., close to Christine O'Donnell territory, IMO. 

Public figures who cannot have a conversation without citing the power of God's Grace, draw attention to themselves.

We should move on.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2018, 12:33:33 am »
I think people in government who believe CO2 is dangerous are themselves dangerous, to our economy.  You're right about the other two, though....

During a 2008 speech, Bachmann called global warming “voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax,” and in a 2009 Earth Day speech in Congress she claimed that “carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t one such study because carbon dioxide is not a harmful gas, it is a harmless gas.”

This is a galactically stupid thing to say.  Why does she think submarines have CO2 scrubbers?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2018, 12:38:43 am »

During a 2008 speech, Bachmann called global warming “voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax,” and in a 2009 Earth Day speech in Congress she claimed that “carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t one such study because carbon dioxide is not a harmful gas, it is a harmless gas.”

This is a galactically stupid thing to say.  Why does she think submarines have CO2 scrubbers?

What she said is a bit over the top, but I doubt she was talking about submarines.  I didn't know she was until you quoted her.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2018, 12:40:12 am »
I know.  She didn't just say YOU take them in, she took them in.  And I find nothing wrong with her policies either.

I don' t think anyone's belittling Bachmann for her decision here, or at least I'm not @Emjay .  She may be a lovely, conservative woman ..... but we need someone who can win a statewide election and offset the loss in Alabama. 

I don't believe she's that candidate.  She won her seat in 2012 50.5% to 49.3%....and this was after six years in Congress.

Let's get smart and move on.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:41:39 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2018, 12:45:24 am »

The people who operate submarines do not breathe carbon dioxide but billions and billions of plants, without which we would have no food, do.   They love the stuff and anyone who thinks carbon dioxide is harmful is galalactly stupid.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2018, 12:45:56 am »
What she said is a bit over the top, but I doubt she was talking about submarines.  I didn't know she was until you quoted her.

She was talking about CO2 in general, but in a global warming context.  I added the part about submarines.  I'm not a chemist or a physician and I know she's dead wrong.  Hell - there's even such a thing as oxygen toxicity.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2018, 12:47:36 am »
I don' t think anyone's belittling Bachmann for her decision here, or at least I'm not @Emjay .  She may be a lovely, conservative woman ..... but we need someone who can win a statewide election and offset the loss in Alabama. 

I don't believe she's that candidate.  She won her seat in 2012 50.5% to 49.3%....and this was after six years in Congress.

Let's get smart and move on.

As a purely political matter, I agree with you:  She will not win in MN.  Bottom line.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2018, 12:48:43 am »
The people who operate submarines do not breathe carbon dioxide but billions and billions of plants, without which we would have no food, do.   They love the stuff and anyone who thinks carbon dioxide is harmful is galalactly stupid.

Feel free to put a plastic bag over your head.  We'll see who's stupid in a few minutes.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2018, 12:51:26 am »

Maybe you should ask Trump.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/us/politics/climate-change-trump-hoax-scott-pruitt.html

WASHINGTON — As a businessman, President Trump was a frequent and scornful critic of the concept of climate change. In the years before running for president, he called it “nonexistent,” “mythical” and a “a total con job.” Whenever snow fell in New York, it seemed, he would mock the idea of global warming.

“Global warming has been proven to be a canard repeatedly over and over again,” he wrote on Twitter in 2012. In another post later that year, he said, “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” A year later, he wrote that “global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax!”
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2018, 12:51:43 am »

The HPV vaccine has a higher death rate then the cancer it's meant to prevent.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2018, 12:51:57 am »

She was talking about CO2 in general, but in a global warming context.  I added the part about submarines.  I'm not a chemist or a physician and I know she's dead wrong.  Hell - there's even such a thing as oxygen toxicity.

CO2 as a Globull Warming matter is wrong as all get-out.  This may come as a bit of a shock, but CO2 is NOT going to be responsible for the death of us all, or the planet.   It's being bushed as a matter of leftist faith, to enable the left to seize control of the world economy.

If she says CO2 isn't causing Globull Warming, it's the one thing she is the most correct about.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:53:22 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2018, 12:52:59 am »
The HPV vaccine has a higher death rate then the cancer it's meant to prevent.

I have no idea.  I don't even know where I could get statistics I would believe about it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2018, 12:55:12 am »
Feel free to put a plastic bag over your head.  We'll see who's stupid in a few minutes.

Sounds like an Al-Gorean prophesy of CO2 doom. Pretty ballsy of you to just make it a matter of minutes.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2018, 12:55:33 am »

First you said she was wrong about submarines, now you're telling somebody the CO2 from a plastic bag is dangerous.

You can drink enough water to kill you, too. 
I will NOT comply.