Author Topic: Lowballing the Economic and Public Safety Costs of a 'Dreamers' Amnesty  (Read 395 times)

rangerrebew

Lowballing the Economic and Public Safety Costs of a 'Dreamers' Amnesty

By Dan Cadman on December 29, 2017

As President Trump's March deadline approaches for Congress to act on an amnesty for beneficiaries of the Obama administration's dubious Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, media have reported various meetings among and between the White House and members of Congress to put together some kind of deal.

But will the legislation include any legitimate immigration enforcement in exchange for such an amnesty? There's plenty of reason to doubt that it will. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), for instance, is still touting the abysmal "DREAM Act".

https://cis.org/Cadman/Lowballing-Economic-and-Public-Safety-Costs-Dreamers-Amnesty

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Lowballing the Economic and Public Safety Costs of a 'Dreamers' Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:43:27 pm »
This is a tarbaby we shouldn't get involved with.
NO AMNESTY!
I don't care if they're "kids" (most aren't).
Let them live the same life -- in the shadows -- that the rest of the illegals here should be doomed to live.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Lowballing the Economic and Public Safety Costs of a 'Dreamers' Amnesty
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 06:52:34 am »
This is a tarbaby we shouldn't get involved with.
NO AMNESTY!
I don't care if they're "kids" (most aren't).
Let them live the same life -- in the shadows -- that the rest of the illegals here should be doomed to live.

Calling Illegals 'Undocumented' is as BS as any of us making an 'Undocumented' withdrawal from a bank would be.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com