Author Topic: GOP Rep. Bill Shuster to retire, spend final year working with Trump on massive infrastructure bill  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Bill Shuster to retire, spend final year working with Trump on massive infrastructure bill
by Salena Zito | Jan 2, 2018, 1:52 PM

Rep. Bill Shuster, chairman of the House Transportation Committee, will not seek re-election in November, telling the Washington Examiner that he wants to focus exclusively on working with President Trump to pass a massive infrastructure bill before he retires.

The western Pennsylvania Republican, who has held the seat since 2002, said he does not want campaigning or anything else to get in the way of helping Trump get this major piece of legislation passed by Congress in 2018. “I thought it was the best decision for me to focus 100 percent on my final year as the chairman of the Transportation Committee, working with the president and other Democrats and Republicans to pass an infrastructure bill, which is much needed to rebuild America,” Shuster said.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gop-rep-bill-shuster-to-retire-spend-final-year-working-with-trump-on-massive-infrastructure-bill/article/2644734
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Where will all the money for this flight of fancy come from, Congressman?