Author Topic: Rare paralysis treatment drug that used to be free now costs over $100,000 a year, thanks to Big Ph  (Read 494 times)

rangerrebew

Rare paralysis treatment drug that used to be free now costs over $100,000 a year, thanks to Big Pharma price gouging

Monday, January 01, 2018 by: David Williams   

(Natural News) A lot of drugs have been on the market for quite a long time. Created decades back, some of these have fluctuated over the course of their existence with patients not having any trouble adjusting to the changes, except in certain cases.

One such case is a drug now called Keveyis. The drug was first called Daranide when it was initially approved in the 1950s, and it was mainly used in treating patients who suffer from glaucoma. In the beginning, its price was said to be so unremarkable that patients can’t even recall exactly how much it cost at the pharmacy counter back then. However, it has now skyrocketed to well over $100,000 per year.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-01-01-rare-paralysis-treatment-drug-now-costs-big-pharma-price-gouging.html

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
My pharmacist explained how some of these drugs are so outrageous.   We had one prescribed that  was a combination of two OTC medicines.  Should be cheap right, a 1 month supply was $3,000 and not covered  by insurance because it was a combination of two OTC drugs.

Enter govt regulations; they have some kind of compliance which drug makers have to comply with which effect pricing.  By making this rarely prescribed medicine $3,000 they improve their average according to some formula.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.