Author Topic: Couple Married in Hospital 18 Hours Before Bride Passes Away  (Read 572 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Couple Married in Hospital 18 Hours Before Bride Passes Away
« on: January 01, 2018, 06:52:55 pm »
Couple Married in Hospital 18 Hours Before Bride Passes Away
By Simon Veazey, Epoch Times

A photograph has gone viral of the bittersweet moment a bride was married in her hospital bed, just 18 hours before she passed away.

The image of Heather Lindsay was taken on Dec. 23 at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut, by a bridesmaid and shows her raising her hands in triumph in a full wedding dress.

Lindsay had been diagnosed with breast cancer exactly one year earlier, just as her then-boyfriend, David Mosher, was planning to propose to her, according to WFSB.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/couple-married-in-hospital-18-hours-before-bride-passes-away_2401134.html

Offline TomSea

Re: Couple Married in Hospital 18 Hours Before Bride Passes Away
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 07:02:51 pm »
This woman is a real hero, I know both of them are. There are no words, I do remember something a bit similar in the past.

More:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bride-battling-breast-cancer-18-hours-dying-article-1.3727886

@Freya

You might find this interesting.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 07:54:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 01:35:55 am »
It reminds me of this song performed by Mac Davis, "Forever Lovers":

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:36:38 am by TomSea »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 02:08:37 am »
Great story. 

I'd say the groom is a hero too.  I worked with a woman whose husband left her when she was diagnosed with inoperable cancer.  A family friend started looking after her.  A month before she passed, he proposed and they were married a week before she passed.  Believe it or not, some really ignorant people said this family friend was a fool for marrying her  -- after all, she was going to die.  But he stayed with her and cared for her till the end. 

Men like the groom in this story and my co-worker's family friend are heroes in my book.