Author Topic: The one potential Census question that terrifies liberals  (Read 589 times)

rangerrebew

The one potential Census question that terrifies liberals
« on: January 01, 2018, 09:51:47 am »
December 31, 2017
The one potential Census question that terrifies liberals
By Ed Straker

Liberals, in general, love the Census.  It's full of questions about race and sex, the common fault lines by which liberals love to divide society.  They are even adding a question to the next Census to find out your favorite kind of sex, or approximation of it.

But one question liberals don't want to know is whether the person answering the census is an American.  They fear that if there is a question about citizenship, that illegal aliens won't fill it out.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/12/the_potential_census_question_that_terrifies_liberals.html#ixzz52vPpr6Ho

Offline montanajoe

Re: The one potential Census question that terrifies liberals
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 10:08:54 am »
Lot of misinformation here.
I guess some groups think that advocating suppressing the census count will benefit their bottom line. A state like Montana has a good shot of gaining an additional Representative after the 2020 Census...the last thing we need is people refusing to be counted I'm reasonably confident an additional MT Representative would reflect at least half of my views.. :whistle:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 01:58:24 pm »
I guess some groups think that advocating suppressing the census count will benefit their bottom line. A state like Montana has a good shot of gaining an additional Representative after the 2020 Census...the last thing we need is people refusing to be counted I'm reasonably confident an additional MT Representative would reflect at least half of my views.. :whistle:

Wait - so you think the census should include illegals because that might result in an additional seat for MT?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 05:54:15 pm »
The 1940 census asked place of birth for everyone.  If a person was foreign born there was a place to mark citizenship yes or no.  Seems pretty simple.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 06:17:21 pm »
@montanajoe

Most people don't think of why a census is taken.  All state governments re-do drawing their voting district lines due to population changes.  Counties must also do this.  Every precinct in a county has a population cut off number.  If a precinct has grown over that number, a new line must be drawn to keep that precinct within that number.  The state government has a federal population number a Federal Representative district number must not go over and a Senate district with a population number it cannot go over.  Lines have to be redrawn to keep within that population number.  That is where your state could pick up another federal representative or senator if the population growth required another federal voting district to be added.

I worked the census one year.  You do not have to answer any personal questions asked on the form.  They need to know how many bodies are there and the address of the bodies so lines can be drawn, keeping within the number set for that county voting precinct and those federal districts kept within that set number.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:18:41 pm by Victoria33 »