Author Topic: Chernobyl's Reindeer: The Norweigan herders still living in the shadow of the nuclear disaster  (Read 522 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Chernobyl's Reindeer: The Norweigan herders still living in the shadow of the nuclear disaster
https://www.rferl.org/a/chernobyls-reindeer/27575578.html#

Not only have these creatures been the victims of getting hit with trains and dozens or even hundreds dying, they have suffered from nuclear contamination. See why.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:29:12 am by TomSea »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Very interesting thanks for posting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@TomSea
@mystery-ak

My son, the documentary producer/director, has made two or three films (I think three) with the reindeer herders in Siberia.  They are a nomad group, following the reindeer and living in tents as they travel.  His most recent film with them was this year.  He has a special suit to wear in those severe temperatures.  These deer were not affected by fallout.

Here is a story from the film of this year, 2017:
There was one woman in the film group.  They traveled with a tent just like the nomads.  No one can use the bathroom anywhere near the deer as they will come and eat your urine or fecal matter while you are doing it - you can't prevent them from doing it and they should not have that issue in their bodies.  If a member had to use the bathroom, he had to walk a long way, I think it was 4 or 500 yards from the deer before they could use the bathroom.  The woman had to walk by herself all this way on the snow and she never complained about it.  She is a tough cookie.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:56:13 am by Victoria33 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thank you for the note! @Victoria33

There have been a few of these Reindeer stories recently. I'm sure those are good films in which you mention.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:09:30 am by TomSea »