Author Topic: Ex-DNC chair: Biden would 'win overwhelmingly' against Trump in 2020  (Read 1076 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-DNC chair: Biden would 'win overwhelmingly' against Trump in 2020
By Josh Delk - 12/31/17 07:01 AM EST

Former Democratic National Committee (DNC) chairman Ed Rendell says if former Vice President Joe Biden runs against President Trump in 2020 he would "win overwhelmingly."

In an interview with New York's AM 970 radio host John Catsimatidis, Rendell said Biden is the Democrats' "superstar" and has a real chance of winning in 2020.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/366881-ex-dnc-chair-biden-would-win-overwhelmingly-against-trump-in-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Ex-DNC chair: Biden would 'win overwhelmingly' against Trump in 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 03:44:11 pm »
Biden is the Democrats' "superstar"
Well, he's got one part of the Dem platform down pat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 03:46:10 pm »
@mystery-ak

I agree with Rendell.  I believe Dems and Independents have empathy for him and he has more gentleness than Trump who has none.  They will want someone who is totally opposite to Trump.  Biden is that opposite.  Now, some on here will say I "love" Biden.  I am simply stating what I think Dems/Independents want at this time in history.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 03:49:36 pm »
"Of course, people say he's too old. But he's only a year and a half older than President Trump, and he's in infinitely better shape. I don't think age would be a factor in a Biden-Trump election.  ... What I think the nation is looking for," Rendell suggested, "is not left or right necessarily, but actual real answers to the problems and challenges that face us."
What answers would Biden offer?  Amtrak?

At least if he ran, the Dems would have to stifle the talk about DJT being too old.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 04:00:18 pm »
A rising job market and a booming economy will be the deciding factor in 2020. Not whether three years from now, NeverTrumpers — Democrats and Republicans, are still throwing a hissy fit and clutching their pearls over Trump.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 04:20:00 pm »
@mystery-ak

I agree with Rendell.  I believe Dems and Independents have empathy for him and he has more gentleness than Trump who has none.  ... 

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 04:20:28 pm »
A rising job market and a booming economy will be the deciding factor in 2020. Not whether three years from now, NeverTrumpers — Democrats and Republicans, are still throwing a hissy fit and clutching their pearls over Trump.

:thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 04:40:24 pm »
POTUS Biden?   Yeah that's the bill!!!!!

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 06:31:28 pm »
I think The Hill is full of it.   No way Biden would win, much less "overwhelmingly".

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 06:40:22 pm »

At least if he ran, the Dems would have to stifle the talk about DJT being too old.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention but what has Biden ever done or what principle has he stood for?

I know he smiles and nods but should he be elected just because he's the only democrat who doesn't make people sick?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2017, 06:49:11 pm »
Biden might still have the sympathy factor over his son's death and he has the kindly Uncle Joe image so many fall for.  But I think in the end, he really doesn't have anything to offer except the same old Democrat talking points.  I expect even liberal Democrats won't want him. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 07:07:48 pm »
What we need more than a hole in the head is a "Creeper" Joe Biden Presidency.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 07:34:03 pm »
    "Of course, people say he's too old. But he's only a year and a half older than President Trump, and he's in infinitely better shape. I don't think age would be a factor in a Biden-Trump election.  ... What I think the nation is looking for," Rendell suggested, "is not left or right necessarily, but actual real answers to the problems and challenges that face us."

Only a writer for The Hill would say a man with a plate in his head from two brain surgeries is in "infinitely better shape."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 07:35:31 pm »
What we need more than a hole in the head is a "Creeper" Joe Biden Presidency.

Bite-me should know, he has one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 08:14:00 pm »
@mystery-ak

I agree with Rendell.  I believe Dems and Independents have empathy for him and he has more gentleness than Trump who has none.  They will want someone who is totally opposite to Trump.  Biden is that opposite.  Now, some on here will say I "love" Biden.  I am simply stating what I think Dems/Independents want at this time in history.

I think your analysis is probably right. What I'm coming to appreciate is having a President who actually accomplished something before he went to work for the govt. Obama was the worst POTUS ever and he never accomplished anything outside of govt. Bush had an ownership in the Texas Rangers, but never really did much before running for office. Clintoon was a career politician. Bush Sr. was always a govt. guy who had inherited a lot of money. Reagan had a successful career before getting into govt work.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 08:18:23 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 08:19:49 pm »
Maybe I haven't been paying attention but what has Biden ever done or what principle has he stood for?

I know he smiles and nods but should he be elected just because he's the only democrat who doesn't make people sick?

I think you're on to something. We may moving into an era where the public votes for the candidate that has actually done something with their life other than work for govt. Pres. Trump is rough around the edges, but there's no question he's got the economy moving again and there has been a surge in high wage blue collar jobs because of him. A greater threat to Pres. Trump would be a businessman like Mark Cuban rather than a career talker like Biden.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 08:21:02 pm »
Stand up, Chuck!   God love ya ...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 08:28:34 pm »
Rendell said Biden is the Democrats' "superstar" and has a real chance of winning in 2020.

Superstar where Fast Eddie? The Rat party circa 1987? Biden has more Presidential run loses under his belt than Harold Stassen. Nobody wants him. Nobody talks about him. No one gives two shits about Biteme. He's an over the hill stooge and a stiff from a long forgotten era.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 08:39:13 pm »

That's too far ahead; I'm more worried about 2018.  IF we lose the majority in either House, impeachment attempts could very well be on the horizon and look for more of Trump's agenda to be derailed OR Trump could very well decide to play ball with the DEMS.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 06:56:42 am »
And here I was thinking LSD cut with bathtub speed and rat poison went out right after Woodstock.

Live and learn.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 07:05:54 am »
And here I was thinking LSD cut with bathtub speed and rat poison went out right after Woodstock.

Live and learn.

@corbe told me yesterday the flashbacks are forever....
I will NOT comply.