Author Topic: Why I’m Still a NeverTrumper  (Read 5345 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Why I’m Still a NeverTrumper
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2018, 03:40:31 am »
Every time I start to liking what Trump is doing, somebody comes along crowing about it so much, trying to get me to worship the man and rubbing my nose in something, and I find myself distrusting him again.  It's weird.  It's like they don't want me on their side at all.  It's ironic because I've never taken a "side" concerning Donald Trump.

I think I like the way @INVAR puts it.  Even though we all agree on the issues at hand, he's been declared an enemy and is treated as such.

Pretty much.  If a group a people started telling me that I *had* to support a person, no matter what he did or how he acted, and that if I didn't I was a traitor, even if it was a person that I already really liked I would tell that group of people to get bent.  And the more that group hounded me about it, the more I would poke them in the eye at every opportunity.  Trump was someone I already didn't like so much, so guess what I'm going to do to that group of people who hound me and anyone else they think they can about having to support Trump?  And if they don't like it; good, they can STFU about it already and stop getting poked in the eye.