Author Topic: Trump: Why would 'smart voters' place their trust in Democrats during the 2018 elections?  (Read 860 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Why would 'smart voters' place their trust in Democrats during the 2018 elections?
by Mandy Mayfield | Dec 31, 2017, 9:17 AM

President Trump questioned why "smart voters" would place their trust in Democrats during the 2018 elections, claiming their policies will undo the economic gains his policies enabled the country to make during his time in office.

"Why would smart voters want to put Democrats in Congress in 2018 Election when their policies will totally kill the great wealth created during the months since the Election," Trump tweeted. "People are much better off now not to mention ISIS, VA, Judges, Strong Border, 2nd A, Tax Cuts & more?"

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-why-would-smart-voters-place-their-trust-in-democrats-during-the-2018-elections/article/2644650
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump: Why would 'smart voters' place their trust in Democrats during the 2018 elections?
by Mandy Mayfield | Dec 31, 2017, 9:17 AM

President Trump questioned why "smart voters" would place their trust in Democrats during the 2018 elections, claiming their policies will undo the economic gains his policies enabled the country to make during his time in office.

"Why would smart voters want to put Democrats in Congress in 2018 Election when their policies will totally kill the great wealth created during the months since the Election," Trump tweeted. "People are much better off now not to mention ISIS, VA, Judges, Strong Border, 2nd A, Tax Cuts & more?"

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-why-would-smart-voters-place-their-trust-in-democrats-during-the-2018-elections/article/2644650

Why would smart voters put their trust in either party?  No.  I don't trust the GOPe.  I don't trust the DEMS. There are very few people that I trust in our government and they are ALL on my 'watch' list.  None of us knows exactly how the tax bill or other regulations he has either rolled back or set forth are going to affect us yet.  He still hasn't built the wall.    When his policies start to affect us, then we'll be able to judge.  There are several pools of people; seniors, Medicaid/Medicare recipients, poor, tipped emloyees, etc., who according to the MSM and analysts may be adversely affected by his changes. Until we actually start seeing the results of his actions, I remain cautiously optimistic.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Oceander

"smart voter" is the rarest of beasts that exists in vanishingly small numbers.  Certainly Trump's voters aren't smart, either.

Offline bilo

It's been 12 years since the last time the GDP grew at 3% for 3 straight quarters. If the economy continues to grow at 3% or better in 2018 voters are going to be very reluctant to change course. All the Rats have is impeachment and a return to Obama era malaise. If the Pubs and Pres. Trump don't cave on immigration I would bet they gain seats.

For me Obamacare is my number one issue, if they continue to fail to resolve this they won't see my vote or support, but I realize I am an inconsequential conservative from their perspective and they are probably right.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It's been 12 years since the last time the GDP grew at 3% for 3 straight quarters. If the economy continues to grow at 3% or better in 2018 voters are going to be very reluctant to change course. All the Rats have is impeachment and a return to Obama era malaise. If the Pubs and Pres. Trump don't cave on immigration I would bet they gain seats.

For me Obamacare is my number one issue, if they continue to fail to resolve this they won't see my vote or support, but I realize I am an inconsequential conservative from their perspective and they are probably right.

Perhaps ... but how many LIV know what GDP actually is, let alone pay attention to whether it has grown?  The MSM is reporting that the improved economy is due to Bammy. The DEMS have attempts of impeachment, but those will be brought about by lies and false accusations; that's what has given them their victories lately and I think we can expect them to use those tactics from this point forward.  I wouldn't count on the GOP(e) gaining any seats unless they learn to fight back; i.e, holding Hillary and Bammy cronies responsible and that includes Mueller and Rosenstein.  Don't count on it.  After all, the GOPe wants their country club in tact.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

"smart voter" is the rarest of beasts that exists in vanishingly small numbers.  Certainly Trump's voters aren't smart, either.

This coming from an Even McMuffin booster. Thanks for the laugh.

Offline bilo

Perhaps ... but how many LIV know what GDP actually is, let alone pay attention to whether it has grown?  The MSM is reporting that the improved economy is due to Bammy. The DEMS have attempts of impeachment, but those will be brought about by lies and false accusations; that's what has given them their victories lately and I think we can expect them to use those tactics from this point forward.  I wouldn't count on the GOP(e) gaining any seats unless they learn to fight back; i.e, holding Hillary and Bammy cronies responsible and that includes Mueller and Rosenstein.  Don't count on it.  After all, the GOPe wants their country club in tact.

I understand your point about the GDP, but people do get a "feeling" when things are improving and think they will continue to improve. The negativity from the media and Rats converts them into laughing stocks at some point.

The Pubs learning to fight back may actually happen. They have to see that as rough and tough as Pres. Trump is the media and Rats can't stop him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Why would they?  Let's ask 2004 Donnie.......

"In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat," Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in a 2004 interview. "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats. ...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."

He knows smart voters.  After all, he tells us all about his IQ and how he has the best words.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 08:39:39 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

I think I was just insulted. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Perhaps ... but how many LIV know what GDP actually is, let alone pay attention to whether it has grown?  The MSM is reporting that the improved economy is due to Bammy.

I get the Same Misdirected Nonsense even today from Libs about the Reagan Tax Cuts.

They tell me 'Trickle Down' was a joke and it was Bubba who turned it around.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Trump:
Why would 'smart voters' place their trust in Democrats during the 2018 elections?

Fishrrman:
Why would 'smart voters' place their trust in democrat-communists in ANY election?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump:
Why would 'smart voters' place their trust in Democrats during the 2018 elections?

Fishrrman:
Why would 'smart voters' place their trust in democrat-communists in ANY election?

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@libertybele

"Why would 'smart voters' place their trust in Democrats during the 2018 elections?"

Because Trump is a liar, can't be trusted, changes his mind every day, and is disgusting in his behavior. Historical voting patterns show Democrats and Republicans are about 50-50; it is the Independent vote added that causes a person to be elected, and the Independents can't stand Trump and will vote for a Democrat instead of the party of Trump in order to show their displeasure/disgust of Trump.

The reason this will happen is, Independents don't follow every political happening every day and they vote from emotion as they are not attached to either party. They see a man who can't control himself, does irresponsible tweets, lies, and they won't vote for his party.  They are a fickle group since they don't keep up with politics like party members do.

I spent over 12 years studying voting patterns for the Republican Party.  We knew we had to attract Independents or we would lose.  I seriously think Independents won't vote for Trump's party again because Trump the man, his presentation, is what they see/hear and their vote will come from that, not what is happening behind the scenes, whether that is good or bad. 

I won't answer personal attacks.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:46:30 am by Victoria33 »

Offline montanajoe

So many cheap shots to take here.. :shrug:

What to say, what to say...

Hmmm..I'll leave it at Trump and his supporters are idiots.

Thank God the Republic has the resilience to suffer fools....