Author Topic: Is Academic Rigor Racist? The latest casualty of the Left's Academic-Industrial-Complex.  (Read 315 times)

rangerrebew

Is Academic Rigor Racist?
The latest casualty of the Left's Academic-Industrial-Complex.
December 25, 2017
Jack Kerwick

If you’re a parent who is giving consideration to refinancing your home for the sake of sending your child off to a university, you may want to reconsider.

Most parents, doubtless, regard college as nothing more or less than a means to the end of a lucrative profession for their children. Still, even some of these may be of one mind with those parents who expect that, while pursuing their degrees, their children will and should receive a decent education.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/268823/academic-rigor-racist-jack-kerwick

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
That liberal nonsense probably sounds good to the racist Left but it won't fly at a HBCU school.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The piece is spot on.  Riley is an asshat.   Summed up as such here....
Riley trades in the Newspeak that we’ve come to expect from contemporary leftist academics.  This lends to her prose an aura of Gnosticism, the semblance of esotericism.  Ultimately, though, Riley’s thesis is hardly original.  In fact, it is but another expression of the dogmatic, Politically Correct status quo of her peers.

Living in the academic bubble is dumbing down a whole generation of students that soak up their babble. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."