Author Topic: California city official is gunned down while vacationing in Mexico  (Read 373 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
California city official is gunned down while vacationing in Mexico
Fox News

Doug Bradley, finance director of Imperial Beach in Southern California, was shot to death in the resort city of Ixtapa on Mexico's Pacific Coast.

Doug Bradley, finance director of Imperial Beach in Southern California, was shot to death in the resort city of Ixtapa on Mexico's Pacific Coast.  (City of Imperial Beach)

An American tourist was shot and killed while apparently being robbed in a resort town on Mexico’s Pacific Coast that has become popular with surfers and Hollywood stars.

Douglas Bradley was killed Thursday in the hotel zone of Ixtapa. He was on Christmas vacation in neighboring Zihuatanejo and would have turned 50 the next day.

Continued at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/30/california-city-official-is-gunned-down-while-vacationing-in-mexico.html

Note:
He lived in Playas de Tijuana and commuted to Imperial Beach.
Did he actually live in Mexico? To answer my own questions, Yes, it appears so. Anyway, it's at least about 10 years, maybe more in which Mexico has become extremely unsafe from the old days (yes, we know, it was still very unsafe).  This state he was in is the same one as Acapulco, so, Guerrero, a place that has had a lot of this criminal activity. 

That's pretty eccentric to live in Mexico and work at Imperial Beach, however far that would be. Okay, they appear to be close together actually. Still.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 12:26:08 am by TomSea »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: California city official is gunned down while vacationing in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:24:40 am »
As a SoCal resident If he wanted to be around mexicans he could have taken a "Staycation" instead. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."