Author Topic: I’m a Pediatrician. How Transgender Ideology Has Infiltrated My Field and Produced Large-Scale Child  (Read 880 times)

rangerrebew

I’m a Pediatrician. How Transgender Ideology Has Infiltrated My Field and Produced Large-Scale Child Abuse.

Michelle Cretella / July 03, 2017 / comments

Transgender politics have taken Americans by surprise, and caught some lawmakers off guard.

Just a few short years ago, not many could have imagined a high-profile showdown over transgender men and women’s access to single-sex bathrooms in North Carolina.

But transgender ideology is not just infecting our laws. It is intruding into the lives of the most innocent among us—children—and with the apparent growing support of the professional medical community.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/07/03/im-pediatrician-transgender-ideology-infiltrated-field-produced-large-scale-child-abuse/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Top5&

Offline aligncare

Fascinating read.

The author Michelle Cretella, M.D., is president of the American College of Pediatricians. She has been trying to alert the medical community for some time, about the dangers inherent in this disturbing societal trend, only to come up against the powers of political medicine’s embrace of the Left.

Which tells me once again, how everything the Left touches turns to crap.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Over 90 percent of people who commit suicide have a diagnosed mental disorder, and there is no evidence that gender-dysphoric children who commit suicide are any different. Many gender dysphoric children simply need therapy to get to the root of their depression, which very well may be the same problem triggering the gender dysphoria.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Which tells me once again, how everything the Left touches turns to crap.

QFT. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mountaineer

On a related note concerning this insanity that posits that people can choose their own gender:
Profs suggest students wear 'name cards with gender pronouns'
Toni Airaksinen
New York Campus Correspondent
on Dec 27, 2017 at 3:40 PM EDT

* Two professors are calling on their colleagues to adopt a "social justice agenda" as a way of combating classroom microaggressions.

* One recommendation calls for students to wear "name cards with gender pronouns" throughout the semester to "avoid being mislabeled from the 1st day."

Professors should promote “dialogue, not debate” during class to prevent students from committing microaggressions, according to two New England professors.

In the latest issue of the Journal of Teaching in Social Work, New York University Professor Justin Lerner and Simmons College Professor Anjali Fulambarker urge their colleagues to cultivate a “space free from microaggressions” by adopting a “social justice agenda” in class.

"The terms ‘move in’ and ‘move out’ are used to avoid the more ableist language of ‘step in’ and ‘step out.’"    Tweet This

To rid classrooms of microaggressions, their first recommendation for professors involves requiring students to wear “name cards with gender pronouns” so that students “can avoid being mislabeled from the 1st day.”   ...  More at Campus Reform 
*****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

On a related note concerning this insanity that posits that people can choose their own gender: *****rollingeyes*****

Whacky professors and their little snowflakes make up so many new words, I had to look this one up from the article: ableist. Means discrimination in favor of able-bodied people. What?

In all the years since the passage of the Americans With Disabilities Act have I ever seen a wheelchair used on one of those sidewalk corner ramps. The act also required I retrofit my office bathroom at the cost of thousands of dollars, and I never had a patient in a wheelchair in my office.

Universities in the United States could shut down entirely tomorrow and the impact on society would be immediate and beneficial.