Author Topic: DHS needs help to step up immigration enforcement in the workplace  (Read 225 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
One of the few areas of the immigration policy debate where there is near universal consensus is that the availability of jobs in this country is the driving force behind large-scale illegal immigration. Ending the magnet of employment in the U.S. will be a priority for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in 2018, the agency announced this week.

Drying up the supply of jobs available to illegal aliens was the theory behind the employer sanctions provision of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. That provision made it illegal for employers to hire unauthorized workers. The law has largely been ineffective due to lax enforcement and gaping loopholes that have allowed employers to easily circumvent the intent of the law.

Read more at: http://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/366784-dhs-needs-help-to-step-up-immigration-enforcement-in-the-workplace
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: DHS needs help to step up immigration enforcement in the workplace
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 06:49:33 pm »
We have only been talking about this issue,  FOR 30 EFFING YEARS !!!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: DHS needs help to step up immigration enforcement in the workplace
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 06:54:13 pm »
The law has largely been ineffective due to lax enforcement and gaping loopholes that have allowed employers to easily circumvent the intent of the law.

Primarily lax enforcement IMHO!  What are these "gaping loopholes"  in the law?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien