Author Topic: The flu shot is largely worthless and possibly dangerous  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: The flu shot is largely worthless and possibly dangerous
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2017, 01:14:52 pm »
1. All vaccines are worthwhile. I try to get every one I can
2. Flu is a virus. It is not congestion nor does it involve the stomach(what people incorrectly call "the stomach flu"). It is fever, aches and pains. You can get other diseases like a sinus infection when you have the flu but it is a separate thing
3. Flu vaccine will not prevent you from getting the flu. It only lessens the chances and you get a milder case of it.
4. If you contract the Flu, get Tamiflu. It's a wonder drug. When one person in the family gets the Flu, we all take Tamiflu to avoid getting the Flu.
5. I get the flu vaccine every year. I had Swine Flu in college and it caused me to flunk out of school. There is no reason not to get the vaccine so I get it. I find that many people who oppose the vaccine are actually just scared of needles. Needles don't bother me. 
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2017, 02:59:16 pm »
@driftdiver
So tell me which vaccines are beneficial and which vaccines are bad? And why and on what basis do you make that determination.

So your kids don’t die from measles or polio because you chose to have them get the measles and polio vaccine but you didn’t get your older children vaccinated for pertussis and your older kids infected your infant and he or she died from it.

There is no reason in the western world with our access to vaccines for pretty much any child to die from a vaccine preventable disease. None. Except out of ignorance.

@Neverdul

Ahh I displayed support for science and not blind obedience so sorry for the heresy.

Since this thread is about the flu vaccine let's start there.   It's not effective and a recent study even shows it hurts the immune system.   But hey there's a lot of money involved selling these to 300 million Americans every year so let's just shut our mouths and take our useless medicine.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2017, 03:01:05 pm »
1. All vaccines are worthwhile. I try to get every one I can
2. Flu is a virus. It is not congestion nor does it involve the stomach(what people incorrectly call "the stomach flu"). It is fever, aches and pains. You can get other diseases like a sinus infection when you have the flu but it is a separate thing
3. Flu vaccine will not prevent you from getting the flu. It only lessens the chances and you get a milder case of it.
4. If you contract the Flu, get Tamiflu. It's a wonder drug. When one person in the family gets the Flu, we all take Tamiflu to avoid getting the Flu.
5. I get the flu vaccine every year. I had Swine Flu in college and it caused me to flunk out of school. There is no reason not to get the vaccine so I get it. I find that many people who oppose the vaccine are actually just scared of needles. Needles don't bother me.

@Restored
So those who think it's useless are weak and ignorant eh.

Well right back at ya

****sheep****

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2017, 03:03:59 pm »
When I was a young pup, I admit I dragged myself into the office, no matter what.  It was ingrained in me that a working person had this duty to show up for work .  I guess it went back to the days when there was no such thing as sick leave. If you didn't work, you didn't get paid.  Didn't have that problem, but I still felt I had to be responsible and go to work.

As I got older, I noticed that younger employees didn't have that dedication.  If they had a bad hair day, they stayed home.  I stopped being so brave and started to stay home when I was sick.  I'm sure my co-workers were relieved.

@Applewood

Going to work with a communicable disease isn't brave or strong.

It's deeply inconsiderate and ignorant.

When some in my company comes to work sick I chew them out and send them home.  I don't need them making everyone else sick.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2017, 03:39:36 pm »
@Applewood

When some in my company comes to work sick I chew them out and send them home.  I don't need them making everyone else sick.

As a Professor, I always told my students at the beginning of the semester to stay home if they were sick.

Of course, some college students skip class when they're perfectly well, but some are so dedicated and driven that they came to school coughing and dripping.   We had hand sanitizer at the back of the classroom, and I used it religiously, because in the classes where I taught piano, I sometimes had to touch their hands.  Ick.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2017, 03:45:05 pm »
@Restored
So those who think it's useless are weak and ignorant eh.

That's your opinion. They know a lot about being wrong.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Applewood

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2017, 06:43:57 pm »
@Applewood

You are right.  Going to work when sick was a bad idea all the way around. 

And you know, unlike some people, when I'm sick, I'm not very productive.  I'm usually drowsy, my head is in a fog and I can't think clearly.  All I was doing was keeping the office chair warm.  Wasn't really doing anything, and if I was, it most likely was messed up.  So why bother going to work?

But I did wise up.  Now I'm retired.  Sick or well, I don't go out much this time of year.  Too many germs floating around.