Author Topic: Pennsylvania public radio skews the news on refugees, what else is new  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

Pennsylvania public radio skews the news on refugees, what else is new

Posted by Ann Corcoran on December 28, 2017

Sometimes I want to scream because the media bias is so blatant on the issue of the US Refugee Admissions Program. This story from WYYY by Laura Benshoff is a case in point.

Entitled: ‘In 2017, Pa. resettled nearly 1,000 fewer refugees than previous budget year,’ the title alone is deceptive!
laura

Reporter Laura Benshoff did not do her homework on refugee program

Sure it might be 1,000 fewer than last year and that is because last year (FY16) was an outlier!

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/12/28/pennsylvania-public-radio-skews-the-news-on-refugees-what-else-is-new/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Pennsylvania public radio skews the news on refugees, what else is new
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:57:11 am »
Yes, I listened to some story on NPR "All things considered" or at least one of their shows. Some of their reporting, I really don't mind but in the end, this one story on refugees seemed friendly towards refugees, illegal immigrants.

I was also listening and one of their shows, an hour's worth was from a Planned Parenthood grant, I haven't intentionally turned on NPR since, very disappointing.