Author Topic: Al Franken thanks supporters in emotional appearance ahead of Tuesday resignation  (Read 800 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Al Franken thanks supporters in emotional appearance ahead of Tuesday resignation
Washington Examiner, Dec 28, 2017, Naomi Lim

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., on Thursday thanked his family, friends, and supporters, including fellow Minnesota Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar, in his first public appearance since announcing he would resign due to multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.

“Here is my promise to you. I may be leaving the Senate, but I am not giving up my voice,” Franken said, echoing his address to the upper chamber on Dec. 7 in which he announced he would step down.

“We still have a lot of work to do together on issues ranging from net neutrality and climate change,” he added, calling his work for the people in his state "the honor of my life."

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/al-franken-thanks-supporters-in-emotional-appearance-ahead-of-tuesday-resignation/article/2644549

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Al Franken thanks supporters in emotional appearance ahead of Tuesday resignation
Washington Examiner, Dec 28, 2017, Naomi Lim

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., on Thursday thanked his family, friends, and supporters, including fellow Minnesota Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar, in his first public appearance since announcing he would resign due to multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.

“Here is my promise to you. I may be leaving the Senate, but I am not giving up my voice,” Franken said, echoing his address to the upper chamber on Dec. 7 in which he announced he would step down.

“We still have a lot of work to do together on issues ranging from net neutrality and climate change,” he added, calling his work for the people in his state "the honor of my life."

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/al-franken-thanks-supporters-in-emotional-appearance-ahead-of-tuesday-resignation/article/2644549

Sooo, he's actually leaving.  Good news.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

It must be terrible AL to realize you do suck at everything, selling life insurance, writing, acting, author and Senator.
    Tough lesson so late in your life.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Sooo, he's actually leaving.  Good news.

Looks that way.  I just thought the photo from the event used in the article was .... well, ironic.   :laugh:

@Emjay

Offline anubias

Looks that way.  I just thought the photo from the event used in the article was .... well, ironic.   :laugh:

@Emjay

He looks like he’s sniffing her while he’s hugging.  The woman on the left appears to be watching his hands.   :silly:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Took him long enough.

What was he waiting for?

Last minute media salvation?

Some 11th hour ginned up hit piece that made Trump look worse than he did?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Took him long enough.

What was he waiting for?

Last minute media salvation?

Some 11th hour ginned up hit piece that made Trump look worse than he did?
Likely some benefit on federal benefits after Jan 1.

He still is not out the door as yet.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Likely some benefit on federal benefits after Jan 1...

Right - nobody quits during a paid vacation, and the few extra days may complete an extra year of "service" for retirement benefit purposes and some extra free health insurance. Speaking of which, I hope he will soon get a chance to experience the joys of obamacare...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Right - nobody quits during a paid vacation, and the few extra days may complete an extra year of "service" for retirement benefit purposes and some extra free health insurance. Speaking of which, I hope he will soon get a chance to experience the joys of obamacare...
Wanna bet he is grandfathered in to bypass Obamacare?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He looks like he’s sniffing her while he’s hugging.  The woman on the left appears to be watching his hands.   :silly:

Al should stay.  The rat party beat him like a rented mule.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

• Wulf Anson Author
Al should stay.  The rat party beat him like a rented mule.

Good point when you consider what Bubba got away with.

They impeached Mr Hillary but he stayed.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
Well Al, It's Tuesday.

And You're Still Here.

Offline Suppressed

Speaking of which, I hope he will soon get a chance to experience the joys of obamacare...

Senators are already under Obamacare.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn