Author Topic: Why did just TWO INCHES of snow paralyse Stansted when airports around the world keep flying in muc  (Read 387 times)

rangerrebew

Why did just TWO INCHES of snow paralyse Stansted when airports around the world keep flying in much worse? Passengers furious as Britain heads for another night in the deep freeze

During the night, the mercury dropped to as low as -10C, causing icy conditions from the south up to the north
    There were chaotic scenes at Stansted Airport overnight after 300 people desperately tried to rebook flights
    Passengers were seen sleeping on baggage belts at the airport and passengers criticised the 'terrible service'
    People complained about the lack of communication and asked how other countries deal with the snow better

By Mark Duell and Alexander Robertson and Abe Hawken For Mailonline

Published: 17:39 EST, 27 December 2017 | Updated: 09:35 EST, 28 December 2017

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5216325/UK-temperatures-plummet-10C-severe-ice-warnings.html#ixzz52ZEmeIOD

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

For the same reason why one quarter inch of rain closed the schools in Bakersfield CA when I lived there, while my previous home in New Orleans could have 12 inches and not miss a beat.

Unprepared.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington