Author Topic: Rose Marie, Wisecracking Star of 'The Dick Van Dyke Show,' Dies  (Read 569 times)

Offline mrclose

Only us "Old Fogies" would remember her.  8888crybaby

The beloved actress was a co-headliner on opening night at Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo Hotel in Vegas in 1946 and later a regular on 'The Hollywood Squares.' Rose Marie, the actress who went toe-to-toe in a man’s world as wisecracking comedy writer Sally Rogers on the legendary 1960s CBS sitcom The Dick Van Dyke Show, has died. She was 94.

Marie died at 2 p.m. Thursday at her home in Van Nuys, California, according to her website.

The comedienne-vocalist, who started her career at age 3 in some of the earliest talking films, co-headlined on the opening night of Bugsy Siegel’s Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas in 1946 and was a regular on the game show The Hollywood Squares.

Readily identifiable by the bow in her hair and her raspy voice, Marie was a member of one of the most popular ensemble casts in TV history. Along with Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Morey Amsterdam and, occasionally, Carl Reiner (the series' creator), she appeared in all five seasons of the sitcom and received Emmy nominations in 1963, 1964 and 1966.

“We were always changing lines, even right up to the very minute of going on the air,” she recalled in a 2004 interview. “If something didn’t work, it didn’t work. Sometimes guest stars would panic because they weren’t used to this. We were a tight-knit, hard-working crew. I couldn’t wait to get to the set each day.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rose-marie-dead-dick-van-722076

It is with broken hearts that we share the terribly sad news that our beloved Rose Marie passed away this afternoon.

Miss Rose Marie | Official site for star of stage & screen
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Suppressed

Re: Rose Marie, Wisecracking Star of 'The Dick Van Dyke Show,' Dies
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:49:53 am »
Embarrassed that I thought she'd already passed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 01:54:46 am »
I really loved her. She brought laughter and entertaining song stylings to millions over the years. She had a good run. Rest In Peace.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 02:10:15 am »
She and Morey Amsterdam made a great team to complement Dick and Mary.

Like my favorites Stiller and Meara.  Two of the greatest man/woman wisecracker teams in history.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:10:49 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 04:24:02 am »

FILE - Actress Rose Marie, center, poses with co-stars Dick Van Dyke, left, and Carl Reiner during ceremonies to honor her with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, Oct. 3, 2001.
https://www.voanews.com/a/actress-rose-marie-of-dick-van-dyke-show-fame-dies-at-94/4183892.html